Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Ch-53e superstallion

haha, this actually made me kinda laugh.. hah... *ahem* I probably look like a dickhead to you, and maybe i am being a dickhead, but i just can't take it seriously when you Captain Americas get all serious about defending the United States. Way to go! You defend a country that is arguably the most powerful in the world and has nothing to fear from anybody except maybe a handful of islamic extremists. But that is offtopic, and flaming won't get us anywhere. So please all, PM me if you got a problem with me. I guess i should've had too.

Scorpio: Nice work so far, any plans for a desert camo version?

You obviously don't know many U.S. Marines.  They are like airborne soldiers (paratroopers) in that they believe they are the best and will happily kick your ass if you disagree.  That's not a bad thing though because they're good and aggressive soldiers.  

I'm also ex-U.S. military, and while I don't agree with all my country's foreign policies (like the whole Iraq mess) we do alot of peacekeeping where nobody else has the balls to do anything about it (example Yugoslavia which I know Russians were not happy about).  I know also that many in the Russian military are dumb-founded that U.S. forces did not get slaughtered assaulting Baghdad using tactics that got Russian forces massacred during the last assault on Grozny in Chechnya. By this I mean the initial assault where large armored columns entering the Grozny were ambushed and destroyed.  The similar armored assaults deep into Baghdad were extremely daring but were also highly successful.  Alot of that is due not only to better U.S. armored vehicles, but also due to extremely good training and professionalism on the part of our armed forces.  

They are not conscripts, rather they are volunteers and treat soldiering as a  serious profession just as doctors and lawyers are experts in their professions.  Really few people who have not been in or worked and trained with the U.S. military, realize or understand how many skills they have.  A typical Marine or Army infantry squad is like a well oiled-machine that is a masterpiece of  military human engineering and a terrifying thing to behold when put into action.   They know almost every trick in the book when it comes to fieldcraft and tactics... but the real key is the creativity that company and platoon leaders are allowed to display in order to counter new situations they had not been prepared for.    

Our military has every right to be very proud of their abilities and skills.  The proof is in the immediate results of our more recent military exploits.  Unfortunately the long term results are often not good due to poor diplomacy, poor planning, and poor foreign policy on the part of our politicians.   sad_o.gif

But your're probably right... it's a discussion best left for PM's.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles...I've always appreciated your mature and balanced insights on these forums. smile_o.gif

Thx..but I forgot to mention what happens when you stick Army paratroopers and Marines together in the same bar!!! Not a pretty sight! LOL!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Scorpio,

I apologize for getting to upset over this whole subject. I usually don't get like this but my pride got the best of me on this matter. I saw the webpage you set up for response and took it as a shot at me without getting the full story to back my claim. I've had time to think it over and realized I was taking this to far.

Now as far as your cockpit I do have images of the actual control panel, unclassified of course. that you can use for your interior. I also have shots of the rear cabin area...these are the same pictures I will be sending to Colonel Klink for his addons. Now this is for a CH53D but it will work with an "E" model...to be honest the CH53E, MH53E, and CH53J (Pavelow) control panels are classified so I won't be able to give you images of that...and neither should anyone else as a matter of fact. I will be uploading them to my website either tonight or tomorrow night..I'm off leave so I won't be online as much as I was last week (heh all day, every day, last week...lol)

I will post the address here so anyone else who would images can use them as well.

Miles...I've always appreciated your mature and balanced insights on these forums.  smile_o.gif

Yes. Miles is one of the few people whose posts I actively try to seek and read. Everything he says is well balanced, well written, and polite. smile_o.gif

*ahem* I know my sig is misleading so i'll forgive you for mixing it up, but i am actually Finnish. So any compares to the russian army is a bit wrong, and you aint got shit on the Finnish army.

And i am also a "upcoming marine", because i am going to the Coastal Jaegers when i do my time in the army.

Ok guys, can we concentrate a wee bit on the chopper again please smile_o.gif

Whilst this definitely went off-topic for a couple of pages, at least you managed to work it out without any flaming, kudos to all of you involved smile_o.gif

Now talk about the chopper or I will slap your fingers wink_o.gif

Ok Digital Cent, good luck in the Coastal Jaegers.  Talk more when you've finished your training.  To Dragon, I'm glad you'r providing this kind of help on the these CH-53's and Kudos for not giving out classified photos.  Have any of your unit's CH53 pilots checked out this addon?  I'm curious what they think of both this addon and of OFP in general.  As an ex Army Engineer I find OFP to be the most realistic of all the FPS war sims out there.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

To be honest I know only one pilot who play's this game and he is on the east coast. My brother is currently having him check it out. My brother also will be checking out the flight characteristics...He's a SSgt (CH53E Crewchief) and has more time in the CH53 Simulator then most USMC Capt's and has close to 80 "Unofficial" flight hours in the CH53E. He's one of only 3 enlisted Marines allowed to pilot the Simulator with out a Pilot. He even trains junior pilots and student pilots. He's itching to use the new Addon in OFP and see how it handles...he's just has to get OFPR again...he messed his CD up.

Is there a mirror site to download the addon from? Because the site that's posted you can't download the Ch-53e from either of the two links sad_o.gif

how soon? getting impatient.. have this ch53, with no marines... i wish suchey would hurry the hell up too... dont mean to be impatient but alot of stuff on my most wanted list..

1.) BAS MH60 Blackhawk w/ updated rangers, pilots, ect.

2.) Suchey & Earl's Marpat Marines

3.) Updated CH53E

4.) A Urban Island desert and woodland ground textures. (No Lag)

but back on topic.. umm i want the ch53 soon :-) :-)

Suchey released a demo of his Marines. If you're impatient like me, just use his demo Marine and stick weapons on them from the BAS weapons pack. It's not difficult to do. If you do that you can make your own fully equipped Marine infantry squad. Also I believe Operation Code Blue had Marines in their infantry pack if I remember correctly.

As for a no-lag urban island, that's very difficult, if not impossible to do. Big cities, mean big lag or maybe just really small islands with big cities. The best way to get less lag is to get a faster computer, more RAM, and a faster video card.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Suchey released a demo of his Marines.  If you're impatient like me, just use his demo Marine and stick weapons on them from the BAS weapons pack.  It's not difficult to do.  If you do that you can make your own fully equipped Marine infantry squad.   Also I believe Operation Code Blue had Marines in their infantry pack if I remember correctly.  

As for a no-lag urban island, that's very difficult, if not impossible to do.  Big cities, mean big lag or maybe just really small islands with big cities.  The best way to get less lag is to get a faster computer, more RAM, and a faster video card.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

but that demo wasnt the marpat marines.. those were from iraq.and look nothing like the ones now.

The Code Blue Marines didn't have Marpat, however in Suchey's demo the Marines were wearing Marpat uniforms in woodland cammo (chemical suits) while their helmets were in desert cammo. I thought they looked great.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Suchey's "current marines" were wearing STANDARD woodland camo and MARPAT desert helmet cover. MARPAT woodland looks a "bit" different.

Suchey is doing the best he can do finish his MARPAT marines. As a beta tester of these marines, I can say they look great! However, only two soldier models are in closed Beta right now. A new update is expected within days, which should contain the final versions of the two models and hopefully a new model aswell.

Earls weapons are also going well. He's just tweaking some textures on the various M16A4's. I'm not sure what's the status on the sniper-rifle and M249PIP/M249Para.

As for an urban island. The only one I can think of right now is CatShitOne's afghinstan map. The city by the river is great.

I don't think you will see a better city soon. Lag will allways be a problem with a large city.

I'm really looking forward to an updated CH53. When can we expect one??

Does anyone have a download link other than the one in the first post? Both of the mirrors won't work for me.

Hey there, just to let you know, the update is just the bugfixes and a few other minor things added on.

- Gearup sound error: fixed

- Ability to walk in cargo: added

- Poor Handling: fixed

- Jungle camo LOD textures: fixed

- Invulnerable fire: fixed

- Bullet hole textures: added

Now after this update, there will be another one, but the CH-53E will more or less totally redone. So you can look forward to that. smile_o.gif

LOL, well thats already been done on Cpt.Moore's UH-1's.

Actually they are already added in the orginal version but I'm probably going to make them a bit more high res - Because nobody actually noticed them in this version. tounge_o.gif

Oh and for those of you who want it "NOW NOW NOW!"....

arnold.jpg

wink_o.gif

Suchey's "current marines" were wearing STANDARD woodland camo and MARPAT desert helmet cover. MARPAT woodland looks a "bit" different.

Suchey is doing the best he can do finish his MARPAT marines. As a beta tester of these marines, I can say they look great! However, only two soldier models are in closed Beta right now. A new update is expected within days, which should contain the final versions of the two models and hopefully a new model aswell.

Earls weapons are also going well. He's just tweaking some textures on the various M16A4's. I'm not sure what's the status on the sniper-rifle and M249PIP/M249Para.

As for an urban island. The only one I can think of right now is CatShitOne's afghinstan map. The city by the river is great.

I don't think you will see a better city soon. Lag will allways be a problem with a large city.

I'm really looking forward to an updated CH53. When can we expect one??

Oops... my mistake.... I knew something on it was MARPAT...

At any rate, I still think that Suchey's demo was perfectly usable as in Iraq, if I'm not mistaken weren't the Marines using regular woodland cammo chemical suits? Or were they issued Marpat cammo chemical suits?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LOL, well thats already been done on Cpt.Moore's UH-1's.

Actually they are already added in the orginal version but I'm probably going to make them a bit more high res - Because nobody actually noticed them in this version. tounge_o.gif

Oh and for those of you who want it "NOW NOW NOW!"....

arnold.jpg

wink_o.gif

Nice Scorpio! biggrin_o.gif

I Love your add-on. It needs work, but you have already done that so, I will be waiting patiently for the new and improved version! wink_o.gif