Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Other e3 games

Lock On=veeeewy cool. This one's on my "to-buy" list. Graphics are superb and I hope the sim is atleast as realistic as possible.

Doom3=nice atmosphere, but won't buy it. not interested.

Commandos3=not insterested.

smile.gif

I've still got Lo-Mac's Grandaddy, Su-27 1.5. Unfortunately it dosen't support my joystick too well at all under XP - elevators go nuts sad.gif.

Ahh, some great times in that game, I remember one furball My RWR was  going nuts and I was desperately throwing my plane around the sky, holding down the target adquisition button. I finally picked something up, and then stared in confusion at the display as it identified the target as 48N6....and a second before I lost the lock I realized it was the Russian designation for the missile launched by the S-300 (SA-10). A second afterwards I was being rocketed away from my burning plane in my ejection seat biggrin.gif.

LoMac is one of my showstoppers. As is OFP2. And a few other, very choice PC and XBox games. Almost everything else might as well be garbage for all I care. My tastes have narrowed lol, and most mainstream games coming out have fallen outside my focus.

gee that nearly beats Acecombat 4 wow.gif

Hot damn i want that game and Doom 3 is a must buti do hope they get multiplayer in it too..... confused.gif

An interesting note - Su-27, Lo-Mac's ancestor, wasn't even meant to be a game when it was first created - during the hard times the Russian military faced after the fall of the USSR. It was a low cost training simulation made for the airforce, and then the company that created it decided to go ahead with a commercial version. Kind of explans why I got shot down so often without hardly knowing what was happening. Some of the dogfights were complete information overload with all the warning lights flashing, warning tones going off, making sure that MiG-29 you were about to target with your helmet-sight WAS Ukrainian and not Russian....man I can't wait to see how they're going to actually improve on that.

My favourite part though was that desperate moment where I would manually override the AoA/G limiter and pull some insane "not recommended" turn in order to save myself from an incoming short range missile or an F-16's Vulcan biggrin.gif.

tbh, OFP2 content i heard is gonna be non existent, so im looking forward 2 HL2 and thats baout it o and maybe commandos 3 cause i loved 2.

Doom3 Multiplayer....they have said (over and over) that there will be MP, but they aren't concentrating on it....so it will probably be fairly lame sad.gif

this E3 could be the place where CM announces basic plan layouts for OFP2, but nothing more. I'm betting that next E3 will be a lot more beneficial for us in terms of info that we can gather about OFP2.

anyways, LOMAC is my interest, and maybe Commando3. I liked the original one. but subsequent ones were less than ideal for me.

LOMAC is something to look forward to, but SP4 will have to hold me until then.

WWII RTS will be my favourite game, if its there.

How about Hidden & dangerous II ? Will it be part of the show ?

I´m waiting for it desperately. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ 14 May 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about Hidden & dangerous II ? Will it be part of the show ?

I´m waiting for it desperately.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes they just released a new movie from H&D2 in some Uk gaming magazine. Unfortunately im in sweden and unable to buy it. And i belvie they will give out some more info soon!

H&D2 1 (old pic) H&D2 2 (old pic) H&D2 3 (old pic)

Looks like you have to register to IGN to download something crazy.gif, well anyway here's additional link to Doom3 trailer.

*edit* Well d'oh the link is down

heh I bet most doom3 links are.. Anyway here is some Screenshots from Call of Duty

aae.sized.jpg

aab.sized.jpg

aad.sized.jpg

Call of duty will rock!

Their trailor makes the battles in game look very intense.

Call of duty trailor here

Wow, so many games, yet I won't have enough money to buy all! sad.gif Oh well, definately LOMAC, Doom 3, Deus Ex 2, OFP2, maybe something good which I forgot. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 14 May 2003,14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">heh I bet most doom3 links are.. Anyway here is some Screenshots from Call of Duty

first pic<span id='postcolor'>

can you say opening scene from Enemy at the gates? wink.gif  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">second pic<span id='postcolor'>

Holy Cows! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ 15 May 2003,01:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 14 May 2003,14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">heh I bet most doom3 links are.. Anyway here is some Screenshots from Call of Duty

first pic<span id='postcolor'>

can you say opening scene from Enemy at the gates? wink.gif  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">second pic<span id='postcolor'>

Holy Cows! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

heh, MOH2: The russian front

Here is some screenshots from various games

Secret Weapons Over Normandy

swon_ss_08s.jpgswon_ss_10s.jpg

Far Cry

FarCry66s.jpgFarCry43s.jpg

Rome: Total war

RTW_E3_10tga_smls.jpgRTW_E3_02tga_smls.jpg

Edit... 400 posts {8^)

Half-Life 2... gah!

http://tinyurl.com/bs9i (kickass movie, note especially AI behavior, physics, and the interactive environments. Graphics are great, but you probably won't notice as they obviously are a secondary concern)