Sign in to follow this  
snYpir

Beta: blood addon

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (snYpir @ 11 May 2003,19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">TheAce314 - you mean implement as a mod (via the -mod command)? I don't know, i'll have to experiment with it. It is totally different from the sky addon, because i need to manually add the eventhandler to every unit (and the only way to get a list of every unit is via a trigger).<span id='postcolor'>

You could just add it via cpp, set it up like the Dynamic range pack and add it to the soldiers that way, then it will automatically happen instead of any user input in the missions to make it work, it would also work in every single mission regardless of whether the maker even knew about the blood addon...

Although, i would suggest contacting whoever has taken over the dynamic range mod (i think PitViper runs it now), and see if you can add both, so users get both the sound and the blood...

Would it be possible to to have the blood size vary from different bullet size?

in example-

.50 cal hits body: lots of blood

pistal round: less amount of blood

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First off, the pool of blood that forms under a soldier is pink. Its BIS's fault,for sure, but it sure looks odd when the poor sobs' blood is different colors. Can't do much about that one.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, can't do much sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the blood spatter is rather cool but dont go overboard.<span id='postcolor'>

The engine makes it very hard to go overboard.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You could just add it via cpp, set it up like the Dynamic range pack and add it to the soldiers that way, then it will automatically happen instead of any user input in the missions to make it work, it would also work in every single mission regardless of whether the maker even knew about the blood addon...<span id='postcolor'>

On it. I need two decrypted config.bin files (normal and soundpack) . If you have them, please send them to me at my email addy. Cheers!

Hello this is M1carbine9, head of Alpha Black One an operation flashpoint addons team. Reason why I’m informing you is because I’d like to know if you want to join our team. You may be saying I don’t have the time or I’m working on my own projects and other projects right now, but here is the deal. Alpha Black One is new, we will not ask of you any projects unless you:

A) Can B) Actually Want to

If you would like to join and be a part of the team know this, there are no strict due dates, your OWN projects will be displayed on our site as well as what you wish. The projects your working on can be all also released on our site or included with our addons if you join, and working with our teammembers on ABO also will help obviously. We're looking for great people like you to join. Have any questions feel free to ask, Thanks-Please respond!

hehe I might as well have a pop at that question, gotta give it credit smile.gif

Peace.

Btw kick ass addon, we can help you too, with fleshy chunk models ect.!

BIG NEWS! It is now possible to run the blood addon automatically for all units in all missions without modifying any missions directly.

However, there is a catch.

You need a decrypted config.bin file.

If you have the dynamic range sound pack then you already have one, otherwise you'll have to find one. I used BinView 1.3 to decrypt mine, and then all you have to do is add the following few lines under 'class Man : Land' in the config.cpp (decrypted config.bin) file:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init="[] exec ""\OFPEC_Blood\blood_init.sqs""";

hit="_this exec ""\OFPEC_Blood\blood_squirt.sqs""";

};<span id='postcolor'>

See the readme file for more info. You can still configure the blood by passing parameters to the blood_init.sqs script directly in the decrypted config.bin file.

The only downside to doing this is that there will be a 'user uses a modified config' during MP games (unless everyone has the same config changes applied)

I have not tested this in multiplayer yet (that will have to wait until the weekend unless there are any volunteers).

This is a big development, because using this method of applying scripts you can essentially run any script addon for ALL missions, based upon the class that you put the 'init' event handler into.

For example, if you had a chopper dust addon in 'chopper_dust.pbo', you could do the following:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Helicopter : Air

{

class EventHandlers

{

init="[_this] exec ""\chopper_dust\init.sqs""";<span id='postcolor'>

And in every mission that there is a chopper, the chopper dust script would be active (assuming that _this is the chopper's name).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello this is M1carbine9, head of Alpha Black One an operation flashpoint addons team. Reason why I’m informing you is because I’d like to know if you want to join our team.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the offer biggrin.gif Unfortunately I am too busy to even nearly commit to a mod team - OFPEC takes all of my time (when it is up). I prefer to do stuff like this for all mods, for the entire community. It is up to individuals to assist as they want to; or not. whatever. wink.gif

Anyways if you OFPEC guys are longing for something to do you could remove the backpack on the resistance soldier model :rolleyes: Anyways great work, looks great in cutscenes!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (snYpir @ 13 May 2003,15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIG NEWS! It is now possible to run the blood addon automatically for all units in all missions without modifying any missions directly.<span id='postcolor'>

Well you still need to include the blood scripts in mission folders where you want it to work, right?

nope, they are in the addon biggrin.gif

why hasn't this been done before confused.gif (edit: I have no doubt mod teams have done it, however the potential here is huge)

there's gotta be more of a catch (do you realise how many scripts we can simply embed into the main config.cpp file? as long as they don't have mission-specific components (such as triggers) and are fully contained within the addon pbo, you can do it)

Well we could have a fight over whose rotordust script is the best. There are at least 3 out there.

What's needed is standardization based on what the players think are the best scripts of each type.

rgr - the problem is that we will have everyone on big MP servers playing with different configs, and this may cause issues. trying to standardise the 'ultimate' config.cpp (with a bunch of awsome scripts, for example) will be a great challenge.

OFPEC is up to it. All we need is our ISP to pull their finger out. wink.gif

Just a thought....can you add the classEventhandlers into the config of the addon, and not Resistance/GWC cpp? It would be better if you could do it that way. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ 13 May 2003,15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just a thought....can you add the classEventhandlers into the config of the addon, and not Resistance/GWC cpp? It would be better if you could do it that way.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No.

The eventhandlers must be tied to the class of unit that will fire those eventhandlers.

All units in the game inherit from 'Man' (sorry Avon but it's true), and hence the event handlers must go in there.

This is the only way to implement the addon automatically for all units in all missions and campaigns (MP missions subject to testing).

The only way that I know of, anyway (this is after talking to people like SelectThis who know).

But, if you have any other ideas... wink.gif

Sounds very good so far, but I can`t manipulate data in my config.bin file, because I play MP everyday. Modified files are always a problem, especially if you are involved in League Clanwars. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (snYpir @ 13 May 2003,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All units in the game inherit from 'Man' (sorry Avon but it's true)<span id='postcolor'>

No problem. All I need is a single rib unit to get my own class started. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ 13 May 2003,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sounds very good so far, but I can`t manipulate data in my config.bin file, because I play MP everyday. Modified files are always a problem, especially if you are involved in League Clanwars.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Install the modifed config.bin in a mod folder that you'll only use for SP and leave your MP setup as is. smile.gif

Yes, where can BinView 1.3 be found or bought?

Sorry to go off-topic but, as some of you know, I've re-done all of the small arms in my version of the game to meet my own feelings of what is realistic. However, my unit list is getting extremely crowded (having duplicates for all of the standard units, plus my own units) and I also hate having to go through every mission that I download and replace every single object with my own so that I can use my own weapons mod. (redoing the campaign was a real doosey, and I still can't quite get rid of all of the 'cannot load mission, missing *addon X*' messages...)

I used to make the changes in the config and replace the original models back when the DR soundpack was in .cfg form. (I don't play multiplayer) Since they changed it to .bin(why?! cheaters will always cheat...), I've had to create addons for all of my weapons, which, as I mentioned, is a PITA to manage.

SnYper, could you please divulge your info on how to obtain BinView 1.3? If you don't want to publicly anounce it, fine. Please email or PM me.

I would very much appreciate it,

Andrew B.

Hi all I have a prob...

When I have ctrl-c ed the script to make it work When have put the addon in my folder it thinks it needs a script!

Interesting mod. Anybody tried playing around with the numbers yet?

I found it a bit too Tarantino so I took a look at the script and here are my own thoughts.

Reducing the number ( 25 ) and size ( .02 - .04 ) of the drops looked more realistic to me. Also reducing the number made it a lot kinder to my more modest system. I really experienced slowdown with a lot going on when I had 50 drops.

More importantly I found the drops on the ground vanished too quickly to be appreciated. I've pushed the duration from 30 to 120 with no problems and get some bloody battlefields as a result. Anybody else experimented?

BINView is an internal CoC (Chain of Command) tool that has has been withdrawn from the public until it clears BETA status.

The only benefit the public would get from the tool is the ability to convert .bin to .cpp.

I have updated the first post with a link to both the 1.90 and 1.91 config.cpp files, that can be simply copied to the /Res/Bin folder and then modified according to the instructions in the readme.txt file. The link is here.

I am not familiar with the -mod option, however i feel that this may be a smarter way to make the changes. I will do some testing with it now. If anyone wants to provide some instructions, I'd be happy to include them in the readme.

I am going away for three days, however I will continue work on the addon. I will do MP testing this weekend.

Snypir: I downloaded the decrypted config.cpp file and added the snippet of code (from your previous post) under the class men: land.

Upon booting up, the game worked perfectly with the blood addon-that is, until I selected someone with a pistol. Apparently anytime I equip a soldier with a handgun (as the player) i'm unable to move. Even weirder is when I select a civilian with a handgun-they seem to be halfway into the ground. It might be a error on my part, as I don't edit bin files often. If it is a bug, and not my shoddy bin editing skills, is there a way around it?

[Edit: oh hell, hes gone for 3 days. Ah..anyone else have this problem then?]

That looks like a corrupted BIN/CPP file. smile.gif oh well tounge.gif

I've added the blood mod into my config.cpp and it works very well.

I wanted to add that downwash effect that snYpir talks about also but OFPEC seems to be down for the moment. Anybody know of any mirrors? I took a look at the DKMM version but it had too many scary pieces for me to attempt it.

In your sample mission.sqm, you forgot to declare the addon. The mission is playable but you get an error message at mission start.