Sign in to follow this  
snYpir

Beta: blood addon

I for one would like to have a bin->cpp utility even it is beta. Aren't most of the tools beta anyway? Even if it crashes a lot i'd like to get a cpp out of a bin file sometimes...

Love it just added a modifed version of the scripts to all my missions and its great. Have a teensie problem at the moment, Trying to do the same for heli dust and tank shock by means of a large area trigger but I can't get the event handler right

heres the closest I've gotten without an error

[] exec "effects\Duster.sqs"; "if ({Air} counttype [_x] == 1) then {_x addeventhandler [{isengineon},{_this exec {Effects\Duster.sqs}}]}" forEach thislist

Any suggestions?

Lmao thats the wrong 1,

"if ({Air} counttype [_x] == 1), [_this] exec {Effects\Duster.sqs}]}" forEach thislist

there we go.

Even more confused by these things. I have the latest Dynamic Range but its encryted in .bin format so I can't extract the lines to add to my .cpp or add the blood spray lines to it. As it stands I am I limited to either blood OR Dynamic Range. Or will they work in conjunction even if they're in two seperate files?

Since they have released their decrypted config.cpp's, I'll release mine. I was afraid I would get bombarded with hate mail because I made "cheating easy". Since I released it after them, I can blame them wink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (snYpir @ 13 May 2003,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">rgr - the problem is that we will have everyone on big MP servers playing with different configs, and this may cause issues. trying to standardise the 'ultimate' config.cpp (with a bunch of awsome scripts, for example) will be a great challenge.

OFPEC is up to it. All we need is our ISP to pull their finger out. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I was thinking of doing a "super config" with replacement soldiers, weapons, and all the coolest replacement vehicles (and cool scripts like blood and downwash).

Would probably have to be a collaborative effort.

I just got the update for this.

It seems that now if I add a soldier to a vehicle by "cargo", they wont show up ingame in the vehicle and if I try and get out of the vehicle...it CTD.

This started today and didnt do it in the first blood version as it worked fine with vehicles.

Anyone else get this?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 14 May 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (snYpir @ 13 May 2003,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">rgr - the problem is that we will have everyone on big MP servers playing with different configs, and this may cause issues. trying to standardise the 'ultimate' config.cpp (with a bunch of awsome scripts, for example) will be a great challenge.

OFPEC is up to it. All we need is our ISP to pull their finger out. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I was thinking of doing a "super config" with replacement soldiers, vehicles, and all the coolest replacement vehicles.

Would probably have to be a collaborative effort.<span id='postcolor'>

Well there is a lot of things that could go in this. I think the main thing would be for missionmakers to have the ability to switch effects on or off using the init.sqs (simple true/false statements). I would be very willing to contribute the little I have to this smile.gif

Small problem here. Not sure is your familiar with CTI but its like RTS in that you create units ingame. First problem - Trigger doesn't recognize spawned units (Solved)

Problem #2 Had to script the eventhandler into the unit build scripts. (Solved)

Problem #3 the script is running client side only, example - you build a soldier.....you see the blood when hes shot, noone else does. I build a soldier vice versa.

SNyper or anyone have a suggestion or solution for this?

this is an example of the event hadler I'm using

? (_unitType == SoldierType):_newunit addEventHandler["Hit",{_this Exec "Effects\bloodsquirt.sqs"}]

i changed blood_squirt btw...not using the addon but modified scripts from the pbo.

PV, if you’re interested, I could add my small arms settings to your 'super config'. I just updated all of the rates of fire, damage values, recoils, engagement ranges, etc. of the small arms in the game. I haven't changed any explosives or vehicle values.

IMHO it adds a lot to the game. Enemy soldiers actually use semi-auto at longer ranges and switch to burst/full once they are inside the effective range for that mode of fire. (machinegunners still use full auto unless extremely far away, however) Riflemen can actually engage you out as far as 500m away (Depending on what rifle they are using. i.e. optics or iron sights.) Snipers can engage you out to 1000m.

I've changed the recoil effects to better match what I experience when I shoot most of the rifles modeled in the game in real life. Now your sights don't instantly come back to your previous point of aim. I've also increased the reload time for semi-auto on the rifles somewhat, because it allowed rapid fire that was as accurate as slow aimed fire(this resulted in being able to do double taps on targets 600m away crazy.gif ). I've also fixed the PK/M60 so that the gunners can actually hit targets with them (it was just a bug with the recoil effects that BIS didn't catch. The recoil action needed to occur a little faster).

Finally, I adjusted the damage values a bit so that the terminal effects are a little more accurate. (my values are based on studying tests by Dr. Martin Fackler and others who tested the terminal effects of various types of ammo from various weapons with various barrel lengths in ballistic gelatin and determined what their effect would be if said ammo was used against a human target.) The end result isn't extremely noticeable, but do to the way BIS set up the hit location damage on the man models (really cool btw), you'll notice that a center-of-mass hit with an M-16 will take out a target the same as a COM hit with an AK-47. However, a hit slightly off to the side with an M-16 will deliver a downed enemy, whereas the same off center hit with an AK-47 will require another shot (or two if the placement is off center again) to incapacitate the target. I've also modeled reduced terminal performance on the carbines like the XM177e2 and the AK74SU (Krinkov). You'll need to watch your shot placement with them (this reduces their effectiveness at long range, which is somewhat balanced in close by their increased rates of fire). Get hit anywhere but an lower arm/lower leg with a 7.62NATO or 7.6254R and you're likely going down. Get hit anywhere by a .50 cal/12.7mm and you are going down hard. biggrin.gif

I really feel that these changes add some strategy and interest to weapon selection and usage and some greater interest to infantry engagements.

Let me know what you think PV.

P.S. Where are those decypted DR config files? I want 'em! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Upon booting up, the game worked perfectly with the blood addon-that is, until I selected someone with a pistol. Apparently anytime I equip a soldier with a handgun (as the player) i'm unable to move. Even weirder is when I select a civilian with a handgun-they seem to be halfway into the ground. It might be a error on my part, as I don't edit bin files often. If it is a bug, and not my shoddy bin editing skills, is there a way around it?

[Edit: oh hell, hes gone for 3 days. Ah..anyone else have this problem then?]

<span id='postcolor'>

Just noticed this myself and no its not your editing skills. The .cpp is doing this in its raw form before the blood script. More importantly having selected the handgun I can't put it away. The AI also is effected and gets rooted to the spot.

Andrew B

Where can I find this addition for the AI engagement pack?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Andrew B @ 15 May 2003,19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PV, if you’re interested, I could add my small arms settings to your 'super config'. I just updated all of the rates of fire, damage values, recoils, engagement ranges, etc. of the small arms in the game. I haven't changed any explosives or vehicle values.

IMHO it adds a lot to the game. Enemy soldiers actually use semi-auto at longer ranges and switch to burst/full once they are inside the effective range for that mode of fire. (machinegunners still use full auto unless extremely far away, however) Riflemen can actually engage you out as far as 500m away (Depending on what rifle they are using. i.e. optics or iron sights.) Snipers can engage you out to 1000m.

I've changed the recoil effects to better match what I experience when I shoot most of the rifles modeled in the game in real life. Now your sights don't instantly come back to your previous point of aim. I've also increased the reload time for semi-auto on the rifles somewhat, because it allowed rapid fire that was as accurate as slow aimed fire(this resulted in being able to do double taps on targets 600m away crazy.gif ). I've also fixed the PK/M60 so that the gunners can actually hit targets with them (it was just a bug with the recoil effects that BIS didn't catch. The recoil action needed to occur a little faster).

Finally, I adjusted the damage values a bit so that the terminal effects are a little more accurate. (my values are based on studying tests by Dr. Martin Fackler and others who tested the terminal effects of various types of ammo from various weapons with various barrel lengths in ballistic gelatin and determined what their effect would be if said ammo was used against a human target.) The end result isn't extremely noticeable, but do to the way BIS set up the hit location damage on the man models (really cool btw), you'll notice that a center-of-mass hit with an M-16 will take out a target the same as a COM hit with an AK-47. However, a hit slightly off to the side with an M-16 will deliver a downed enemy, whereas the same off center hit with an AK-47 will require another shot (or two if the placement is off center again) to incapacitate the target. I've also modeled reduced terminal performance on the carbines like the XM177e2 and the AK74SU (Krinkov). You'll need to watch your shot placement with them (this reduces their effectiveness at long range, which is somewhat balanced in close by their increased rates of fire). Get hit anywhere but an lower arm/lower leg with a 7.62NATO or 7.6254R and you're likely going down. Get hit anywhere by a .50 cal/12.7mm and you are going down hard. biggrin.gif

I really feel that these changes add some strategy and interest to weapon selection and usage and some greater interest to infantry engagements.

P.S. Where are those decypted DR config files? I want 'em! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This sounds very interesting, and I would love to see it implemented, even if it was only in the form of a separate addon and not a complete cpp change for the whole game.  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (John C Flett @ 15 May 2003,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Upon booting up, the game worked perfectly with the blood addon-that is, until I selected someone with a pistol. Apparently anytime I equip a soldier with a handgun (as the player) i'm unable to move. Even weirder is when I select a civilian with a handgun-they seem to be halfway into the ground. It might be a error on my part, as I don't edit bin files often. If it is a bug, and not my shoddy bin editing skills, is there a way around it?

[Edit: oh hell, hes gone for 3 days. Ah..anyone else have this problem then?]

<span id='postcolor'>

Just noticed this myself and no its not your editing skills. The .cpp is doing this in its raw form before the blood script. More importantly having selected the handgun I can't put it away. The AI also is effected and gets rooted to the spot.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, same problem with handguns here, besides walking sound vanished. The raw config for 1.90 seems to be corrupted.

Is the 1.91 config file also causing trouble? Seems some people here made it work, so maybe it is only 1.90 that has bad data.

Regards.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Andrew B @ 15 May 2003,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">an M-16 will take out a target the same as a COM hit with an AK-47. However, a hit slightly off to the side with an M-16 will deliver a downed enemy, whereas the same off center hit with an AK-47 <span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">an M-16 will take out a target the same as a COM hit with an AK-47. However, a hit slightly off to the side with an M-16 will deliver a downed enemy, whereas the same off center hit with an AK-47 <span id='postcolor'>

WRONG.

If an M16 would even hit you dead in the stomach, you would probably still be shooting although bleeding through a small hole.

An Ak-47 uses a larger round(Although a 7.62x39mm isn't much better than a 5.56N round).

What i'm saying: An M16 shouldn't be dropping targets unless it's making head shots. And I do recall having to sometimes hit Ruskies twice with the default M16 in the chest. It completely matched the Statements made by the Marine who is known on the Russian Front forums as Devildog.

Note: These ideas are drawn from my own personal experiences and remarks from a guy in Marine Force Recon.

Guest jacobaby

The idea of a modified CONFIG.BIN is something I thought of a while back, and decided it would need to wait until we had FINAL version of OFP.

Which now we have biggrin.gif

However, there is the distinct possibility here of making a mess of things in the same way as the glut of addons (eg M4's) has made a mess of what could have been a clear situation.

I would really like to see a dedicated and talented individual or team to assign to the CONFIG>CPP and make a new standard one which could be easily set up, perhaps in the -mod fashion, and which could become the secondary standard for players, so that eveybody knew where they stand.

As there is SO much that can be altered, I think a dedicated effort to do this would be a big step fwd.

Maybe each major mod team could spare a guy to pool ideas and resources??

TJ

I just got back from 3 days away, and it seems that the main issue is the corrupted config.cpp files.

This is probaly a bug in the BinView application (I told you it was BETA) wink.gif

I will try and find some working, blank config files.

I will reply in detail later on this evening.

I have nearly finished 1.3, it has some huge improvements. Back shortly... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (snYpir @ 16 May 2003,07:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will try and find some working, blank config files.<span id='postcolor'>

I downloaded this 1.90 config.cpp file (edit: link removed - faulty config.cpp file) from OFP Internals (site down) a few days ago.

If I understand correctly, there were no changes between 1.90 and 1.91 to config.cpp.

Is this what you're looking for? confused.gif

It *may* be... does this weird handgun error happen when you play with it when placed in \Res\Bin?

gotta run, back in 1 hours...

i can't get there to download it, any chance you could email it to morpj97@hn.ozemail.com.au?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (snYpir @ 16 May 2003,08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't get there to download it, any chance you could email it<span id='postcolor'>

Bombs away! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is the 1.91 config file also causing trouble? Seems some people here made it work, so maybe it is only 1.90 that has bad data.<span id='postcolor'>

Its 1.91 I'm running but I'll try the alternate Avon found and get back to you.

Nope, still got the same problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 16 May 2003,00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I understand correctly, there were no changes between 1.90 and 1.91 to config.cpp.<span id='postcolor'>

correct.

John Flett

when converting DR to resistance, I found that you cannot use a raw config.cpp file.  You need to bin it or it will give you the stuck in ground, weapons problems bit.

Or have you binned it already?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Andrew B @ 15 May 2003,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PV, if you’re interested, I could add my small arms settings to your 'super config'. I just updated all of the rates of fire, damage values, recoils, engagement ranges, etc. of the small arms in the game. I haven't changed any explosives or vehicle values.

P.S. Where are those decypted DR config files? I want 'em! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

if you want to send me the changes, I could probably implement them in a custom config.bin

BTW, I don't have a plain 1.91 config but I do have the DR'ed one. I could "un-DR" with an hour or so of work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or have you binned it already? <span id='postcolor'>

No its in the .cpp format. So how do I bin it? I though that required the beta tool that snYpir was talking about.