Sign in to follow this  
Skul

Controls

Straight to the point:

Please keep the same control sysem we have all gotten used to!

That's all.

But please remove the hard coded fire reference on mouse button and add more controls. biggrin.gif

Yeah, add more controls, of course. Add all you want, I just want to control my soldier in OFP2 the same way I control him/her/it in OFP 1

This is where it goes:

Please let us hook up multiple game controllers and access them all in game. Like in EA F1 2002 or such. Not just pick controller 1 or 2, let us pick the axis/throttles/buttons we want out of any of them.

I would like to see some more hotkeys for standard actions e.g. "Eject/Disembark" "Drop weapon", switch to rocket launcher etc. (or even better to assign hotkeys for any action you want) and ability to disable hotkeyed actions from action menu. Rolling through 10+ actions in menu can be quite tricky and I think something like this could make controls more user friendly.

I want to be able to have more than one joystick...

For example I would like to have my joystick to fly with and my steering wheel to drive cars with, and for the boats I would like to use the steering wheel (but not the pedals), and the throttle for my joystick... That would be great... smile.gif

smile.gif We are on the same page 000. And I don't think it's such a killer to get that going, it's all part of DX9 isn't it?

EDIT: such a killer not suck a killer... doh

I don't know, but I guess that it is just to make the computor take in the difrent signals, and then we can assign them in the game to what ever we want to... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eda Mrcoch @ 06 May 2003,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to see some more hotkeys for standard actions e.g. "Eject/Disembark" "Drop weapon", switch to rocket launcher etc. (or even better to assign hotkeys for any action you want) and ability to disable hotkeyed actions from action menu. Rolling through 10+ actions in menu can be quite tricky and I think something like this could make controls more user friendly.<span id='postcolor'>

I fully agree!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eda Mrcoch @ 06 May 2003,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to see some more hotkeys for standard actions e.g. "Eject/Disembark" "Drop weapon", switch to rocket launcher etc. (or even better to assign hotkeys for any action you want) and ability to disable hotkeyed actions from action menu. Rolling through 10+ actions in menu can be quite tricky and I think something like this could make controls more user friendly.<span id='postcolor'>

YES

YES

YES

I keep meaning to say that but I always forgot when I came here

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eda Mrcoch @ 06 May 2003,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to see some more hotkeys for standard actions e.g. "Eject/Disembark" "Drop weapon", switch to rocket launcher etc. (or even better to assign hotkeys for any action you want) and ability to disable hotkeyed actions from action menu. Rolling through 10+ actions in menu can be quite tricky and I think something like this could make controls more user friendly.<span id='postcolor'>

We have got to have that! I mean, it's pretty cumbersome to have to scroll through a list when a battalion of tanks suddenly appear out of nowhere. By the time it takes you to select the Rocket Launcher and have your guy get it into position, it's almost too late (or you die a horrible death).

Same for the get in/out actions and the drop weapons.

BIS PLEASE add hokeys !!! Like in all other FPSs. To please add this system:

if you go near for example a chopper and what to get it as a pilot u hold your "USE" key, scroll down to the GET IN AS PILOT, release the key and woala - your the pilot. This would be much better that scrolling trough tons of menus to just get in or eject.

AN ALSO PLEASE REMOVE THE EJECT FETURE FROM THE CARS 'COS IT'S USELESS ANYWAY

Another wish would be to allow control of the soldier with two mices at the same time, one for body/aim the other for the head/view. This so devices like TrackIR and similar could be real usefull!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KeyCat @ 07 May 2003,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another wish would be to allow control of the soldier with two mices at the same time, one for body/aim the other for the head/view. This so devices like TrackIR and similar could be real usefull!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)<span id='postcolor'>

I have allready sid that... wink.gif

Here

But anyway... good to see that other people think of it too... wink.gif

The Eject feature is occasionally useful on vehicles. You can eject without damage below 20 mph (or whatever the game units are) and with only a little damage above that to about 25.

This is useful when the enemy are shooting at you.

Good to see you around DZ! Didn't see that thread but glad you younger ones lies one step ahead of us wink.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KeyCat @ 08 May 2003,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good to see you around DZ! Didn't see that thread but glad you younger ones lies one step ahead of us wink.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

I would really like to see one universal USE key. For example in Deus Ex you had this one key and you could select different objects, use buttons etc. with it (a box appeared around the "target").

So when you want to get in tank as gunner, you would just need to use gunner's hatch to do this. Same would go for cars, choppers, planes, doors etc. Of course there should be that reticle thingy to tell player which object is selected, just like in Deus Ex.

/edit\ some typos

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ 09 May 2003,22:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would really like to see one universal USE key. For example in Deus Ex you had this one key and you could select different objects, use buttons etx. with it (a box appeared around the "target").

So when you want to get in tank as gunner, you would just need to use gunner's hatch to do this. Same would go for cars, chopper, planes, doors etc. Of course there should be that reticle thingy to tell player which object is selected justl ike in Deus Ex.<span id='postcolor'>

That's a great idea... That way we would not have to use that action menue all the time...

That way the scroll would be a spare button, they could mabye use it like in splintercell when you are running/walking, that would be nice, that way you could still move in a low profile without crawling... and they could add some sneeking in the game for blackops for example... wink.gif

OKay how about this, you have to hold down the firing mode key for a split second or it will not change. You know, with a keyboard you can switch firing modes way too quickly or easily, so adding a required press delay would be cool. eh? smile.gif

Hey check it out I edited the post in 1969. biggrin_o.gif

Ok just wanted to add something since i can't find the better/proper thread:

don't let the Player controlled soldier turn left and right the way it is now (actually any human), just sliding himself around without any motion, there should instead be some proper body animations to perform the move, and it can have different speed settings like slow/normal/turbo as well. smile_o.gif

Anyway I didn't notice anyone mentioning this.

(or even better to assign hotkeys for any action you want)

THAT's what I want to see: the ability to assign absolutely any key or key combo [such as ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+Scroll Lock, even, or ALT+CTRL+TAB] to absolutely any menu, action or function in the game that can be controlled by mouse or keyboard. Period.

I agree that it should include a layout that matches the original layout, as a starting point.

But you should be able to save your hotkey selections to an ASCII file, which you can, if you really cared to, even edit in a text editor--and which you could back up, copy, and carry over to the next installation of OFP2 you make, should you need to reinstall or move to a new PC.

Even though this thread is past its use by date, I suppose I'll get my say in before a mod closes it. smile_o.gif

I would like to see joysticks 4th (according to my MS sidewinder) axis become useable on aircraft flying at speed. It's very annoying to see the rudders work on the ground but not in the air, where believe it or not, *gasp* their more useful than they are on the ground for strafing attacks. tounge_o.gif

I'm not sure weather this has something to do with vehicle configs, but I wouldn't mind seeing it changed

I would like to see joysticks 4th (according to my MS sidewinder) axis become useable on aircraft flying at speed. It's very annoying to see the rudders work on the ground but not in the air, where believe it or not, *gasp* their more useful than they are on the ground for strafing attacks.

Yes! Thank you! It's the most obvious flaw in the current game. I've yet to encounter a plane mod that has a working rudder.

Hey check it out I edited the post in 1969.  biggrin_o.gif .

Ok just wanted to add something since i can't find the better/proper thread:

don't let the Player controlled soldier turn left and right the way it is now (actually any human), just sliding himself around without any motion, there should instead be some proper body animations to perform the move, and it can have different speed settings like slow/normal/turbo as well.  smile_o.gif

Anyway I didn't notice anyone mentioning this.

Hmm. speaking of 1969, you know what, that was probably an easter egg deliberatley set by the developers... I bet it was there before we knew it was going to be in the vietnam era, for us to wonder what the time period it might possibly be in.

I agree on the eject/disembark hotkey thing, but not on the car eject thing,, I use that quite a lot!