Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Mission record and playback

Would be nice to be able to record/playback missions (be it single/campaign/multiplayer). This could be used for training of squads, keeping some of the more exciting missions, e-mailing your mates etc. Lets you debrief a mission and highlight mistakes and alternant solutions. This feature is not a need feature... just a want feature. Thx

ya it would be fun cause it could be easy to make videos of the game for addons maker or just to show off some skills or like gonk said smile.gif

Fantastic idea - this was one thing I really like about the R6 series.

Especially if they use camera angles similar to kegetys follow script...

Thats a great idea - like need for speed....

I would also like the ability on top of this, to record your own cutscene without the scripting, just move the camera around with the keyboard and you instantly have a cutscene

Very good idea indeed, and it most likely wouldn't require any major (if any at all) modifications to the game engine, just a bit of additional programming - definitely a do-able feature, but as gonk said, it's not top priority.

I don't mean to dig up an old thread (at least it's still may) but this is better than starting a new one...

I'd love to see a replay option available.  Preferably using a method similiar to IL2, where a replay is only recorded when the option is activated from a menu (or hotkey), not started by defualt like the R6 series.  Something like this would save disk space considerably, given OFP's customary long mission times.

This would absolutley be a good feature to add... But there should be a button/hotkey to activate it...

I agree that a replay function where you can follow your moves – combining this with the possibility to save the replay and exchange it with other players would be a great training tool. It’s also a great way to enjoy a mission after the fact again. It would need fast forward etc. though. For multi-player it would be cool if you re-play from other people’s perspectives so that you can learn from people who are more skilled by seeing how they play.

Here’s another thought along the same lines: For multi-player games, right after you die a quick replay sequence from the perspective of the person who shot you – this would be great as a learning tool.

You could also show complex infantry movements in the game to exchange tactics with others

Shouldn't be too difficult to implement - it is already available in VBS1 ;)

I would like to see two modes with it,

1. pure demo mode, where the replay shows just the movement and firing and stuff and

2. a replay mode, where you can interrupt the replay at any time and continue playing.

The first mode would be sufficient to do all the video editing stuff suggested before. No need to track/run scripts and AI routines.

However, the second one is more tricky as you would have to run (or record) all the scripted mission stuff and the AI routines - difficult, time and memory consuming... Just the tracking of all (esp. random) variables while the mission is played could seriously hit performance while playing...

But I can dream... tounge_o.gif

Could have been fun to see your multiplayer game, over and over and over again.

another thing that could be very nice for ofp2, its a GTV support. Just like hl and quake have, its cool to spectate important matchs smile_o.gif

OMG an almost SEVEN year dig up! FFS! Read the AAR (after action review)

Please don't dig up threads that are dead and buried.

Welcome to the forum Impulse... :)

You don't search...you get flamed :flamethrower:

You search... you get flamed :flamethrower:

What the hell has the date of a thread got to do with the topic? It's still relevant, and even enjoyably nostalgic. Imo a "dead and buried" thread is a locked one.

As to the subject, yes I think it would be a fantastic idea, although possibly hard to implement.

Edited by -=seany=-

Wow... 7 years. Please check the post dates next time.

Thread locked.