Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Ofp2 addon support!

First of all I know this is a OFP1 board but i have to make this point clear to the modding community that doesnt nesessarily visit the OFP2 yet.

Anyway Marek Spanel gave an interview to Ofp.Info, more can be read there, but there is one thing that caught my eye:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> More versatile vehicle structure - multiple gunner positions, possibility to use any weapon system with any vehicle type when creating addons

Improved mission editing and scripting capabilities<span id='postcolor'>

Can you believe this? This is great!! Now really great possibilities open up for addonmakers smile.gif New great addons!!

Also:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP.info: Do you plan to release tools to convert unofficial addons from OFP1 at the same time of OFP 2 release or later?

Marek Spanel: We would like to work with the community to have OFP1 addons converted to OFP2 as soon as possible, ideally at the time of release of OFP2 or just couple of days or weeks after it.

<span id='postcolor'>

Comments?

multiple gunners, always working weapons..wow...

TOW jeep, and ACH-47... here I come biggrin.gif

oh wait.... OFP2 needs to be done first.. dammit tounge.gif

kick ass!!! that means that we won't have to wait for

ages after the game is released to start modding...

hell we can start right now smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AXE @ 05 May 2003,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">kick ass!!! that means that we won't have to wait for

hell we can start right now smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Some of us started a looooong time ago wink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ 04 May 2003,22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP.info: Do you plan to release tools to convert unofficial addons from OFP1 at the same time of OFP 2 release or later?

Marek Spanel: We would like to work with the community to have OFP1 addons converted to OFP2 as soon as possible, ideally at the time of release of OFP2 or just couple of days or weeks after it.

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

SRT Pack comes to OFP2?

OOOHHHH BABY

biggrin.gif

Everyone stop their projects and wait for OFP2 and in the meanwhile think of what we would do with OFP2 tounge.gif

even before OFP was released there was a substantial editing/addon community. I remember demo missions made by something called Pot Head Assault Team...and all the work people like Placebo did. I44 and Operation Vietnam were around prior to release.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ 04 May 2003,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ 04 May 2003,22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP.info: Do you plan to release tools to convert unofficial addons from OFP1 at the same time of OFP 2 release or later?

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

SRT Pack comes to OFP2?

OOOHHHH BABY

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

*yak* please don't crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ 04 May 2003,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AXE @ 05 May 2003,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">kick ass!!! that means that we won't have to wait for

hell we can start right now smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Some of us started a looooong time ago  wink.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

some of us are waiting.....

hell i cant wait till OFP2 comes out and are curious to where and when its set

if its a Vietnam based mod. which it sure as hell looks like, then good modern stuff needs to be made for the OFP Community...obviously smile.gif