Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Do we need female soldier?

All I can say is if they make a female character they sure as hell better make her look appropriately "military". I don't want to see some goddamned "hizzo" wearing lipstick and makeup or some barbie doll that would realistically never be in the military to begin with. I'd have to say if they made the female character appropriate. Then I'd have no problem. Incidentally Sigourney Weaver played the best prepresentation of a woman of combat in my opinion in aliens.

Look at how the community totally disrespects the amazon addon. (rightfully so I say). Did anyone catch the previous OFP.info screenshot? There have been many other demeaning ones on similar websites. Opflashpoint.org too I think. That's what happens when you try to put some hoe-bag in a military situation. Booyah.

hmmm, maybe they should look like that chick on jackals sig, the one in camo and helmet...

With respects to Baphomet's :-

" Look at how the community totally disrespects the amazon addon. (rightfully so I say). "

1. Is that statement from u alone or are u presuming to be the voice of the community?

Personally i think the amazon addon is a remarkable achievement in that Blinky dog managed to get a real female looking character into the game through sheer hardwork and determination while we were sitting on our rear butt and commenting with false prudish or hypocritical pride on someone else's contribution.

As to disrepect, other than some finger countable smartass comments, i saw no signs, but the numbers do paint a different picture, plenty of downloads for that addon.

It is comments such as yours unfortunately that makes addon makers not attempt anything.

Truly the ofp universe is big enough for diverse mods to co-exist. Are we ourselves so pure of virture that we dare judge others?

I meant you no offense, and respect your freedom to speak and if u are offended, i sincerly offer my apology.

I think you were mistaking what I said Phil. Obviously the creator was talented enough to make a fairly good representation of a barbie-doll for OFP. I'm not slighting his skills in the least. His abilities aside... I'm simply talking about how a fairly large section of the OFP community seems to regard the amazon's presence in a game such as this as nothing more than a running joke (as represented by the many prominent OFP sites I've seen that have "screens of the day" with the amazon in a comprimising position). It is too in my opinion. No offence to the guy who made it. But it is a joke. It's a fantastically proportioned woman with the whole Lara-Croft-crossed-with-a-stripper theme applied to it.

As far as prudish? Not at all. But if I want to see a woman like that I can pretty much look anywhere else where modern media has extended it's grasp. In a game that has made a name for itself on quality of substance over providing jiggling boobies as a selling point it's just funny to me. I'm glad BIS didn't cheapen it's product by doing what everyone else does to their games and add some busty chick to draw in the "horny 13 year old" demographic. Ofp went on to become very successful without it. It's just a refreshing change of pace. I'm a big fan of beautiful women dressed in skimpy clothing, just not when it's absurdly out of place. I feel insulted when a company asserts that I am too unsophisticated to enjoy something unless it has boobs or scantily clad girls in it.

No. Female soldiers have no part of Vietnam, Africa, or Central Europe at this time.

Maybe Medics and such. but not soldiers.

I wouldn't mind having Female's fighting in the game. It would expand not only the player base to females, but also add a more personal feeling to the game. Maybe a relationship? Or something? A female skeleton at the least, so certain mods can get on the work with female soldiers(for say, a Russian WWII mod. I've heard of a female squadron in WWII who even defended Moscow against the Germans). It would also be neat for future add-ons. Such as, 2050. Maybe females get a role in military or such against an invading hostile something?

But not only that, Females can be seen in the military even now. My mother did indeed wear army boots working at the munitions corp(what's scary is that she is a trained and qualified sniper. This terrifies the hell outta me so I try my best to not make mer mad!). Medical and other staff as well.

I beleive, while immoral to some, it would be a respect to females who died in the act of war. As well as more options and different idea's to implement into the OFP addon community.

I vote NO! I dont wanna shoot women and i dont want be shot by womem, how many girls play this game anyway? Stick with realism tounge_o.gif .

You're right, they better stick with realism. But this includes women too, doesn't it, vietnamese also, not to mention killing or even uglier things... Welcome to Nam, boy!

I voted "Yes" mainly because even though a female soldier might not fit in relative to the subject matter of say vietnam or perhaps whatever the theme is directed at. But many people no doubt will make their own mods and themes based on them, and if they want to make scantily clad tomb-raider wannabees they should be at least given the option to do so. The great thing about OFP is it's flexible in many ways. So why not carry on that tradition? Female soldiers for those who want them.

No. Female soldiers have no part of Vietnam, Africa, or Central Europe at this time.

Maybe Medics and such. but not soldiers.

And how about for multiplayer use?

Or for user made missions for OFP2 that aren't in the settings or timeline of the main campaign?

I don`t give  a shit either way but someone make a model like the  lady in fubars sig.

sad_o.gif i miss the  old offtopic morale booster threads biggrin_o.gif

I don`t give  a shit either way but someone make a model like the  lady in fubars sig.

sad_o.gif i miss the  old offtopic morale booster threads biggrin_o.gif

I do too, but I think they got too many of us in trouble with girlfriends/wives  tounge_o.gif

As far as women in Vietnam. They could always be viliagers. Unfortunately if they're in the north we'd most likely kill them or destroy their homes...

"Ahh, seek and destroy missions. My favorites. Simple and we had to do it because they were all possible enemies"

-Rick (my dad)

OF COURSE WE NEED FEMALE SOLDIERS. In the campaign definately not for the West. Women couldn't be anything but nurses and doctors. Usually not even chefs. Female soldiers for the West would probably be appreciated in Multiplayer.

VIETNAM: The vietcong not only drafted 10 year old boys, but girls of all ages as well. Ever seen Full Metal Jacket? The Sniper? Girls were infantry, saboteurs, and they manned anti-aircraft guns. That's just something you can't leave out for the Vietnam campaign.

I think they should have the ability to get naked too, like if you're the women, you could push "get naked" in menu. lmao

hey, make love not war.

then I could buy my girlfriend the game and we could play coops and when we beat it togather, she could take off her cloths and dance, then I'll light a fire and dance around it with her. smear blood all over our bodies.

ofp virtual sex

better custom face allinements so it's easy to take a picture of your self and make it look perfect in ofp

I can't vote,I say yes to there being women but not necessarily to make the battlefield more colorful.

that idea of OFP sex better be a joke,who the hell relates a war game with sex,if your serious then people like you should stay off these things,these games are made for war and killing not love and sex.

male,female,I don't care,if its an adult and an enemy (unless civilian) then I'd kill em in a heart beat.

yeah archeologie session biggrin_o.gif

ps:female and male look like the same, wearing combat clothes, just need different voices...no new model

Either way, I'm not bothered, if it'll delay the release date, I would say don't bother with the extra work load (Not being sexist, if only the female models were done, screw the male models)

It's really not important, a person's a person in a game (Well, more a bunch of polygons). As someone (probobaly several people), you can't really see much difference between male/female soldiers thought he helmet (As long hair would be tied up etc).

But.. the voices are an important thing.. It was a little odd shooting the Woman 1 unit, and "her" having an oddly male voice... crazy_o.gif

It just makes it very difficult for addon makers to make female units, they have to find voice actors, which are extremly hard to kidna- erm, find..

- Ben

I think they should have the ability to get naked too, like if you're the women, you could push "get naked" in menu. lmao

hey, make love not war.

then I could buy my girlfriend the game and we could play coops and when we beat it togather, she could take off her cloths and dance, then I'll light a fire and dance around it with her. smear blood all over our bodies.

ofp virtual sex

better custom face allinements so it's easy to take a picture of your self and make it look perfect in ofp

Juvenile comments like that aren't appreciated at these forums. Also, digging up old threads without a valid reason is against the forum rules. Since you are new here, you get one warning only. Next time, it will result in a post restriction or more serious penalty...