Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Do we need female soldier?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like how someone mentioned doing a female voice. I think that the current ofp voices are terrible. They should go with some better actors this time around. <span id='postcolor'> Thats cause OFP was going to use robotic voices until the last second.

Well since there are female ofp players out there then I support you guys! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 05 May 2003,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ 05 May 2003,15:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cassfemalesoldier.jpg<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Its ugly, shoot it now!!!! What the heck is that thing. sad.gif

Bad picture day.

I hope BIS will at least make 2 uniform for soldiers smile.gif

cl_a_female.jpg

in fact, i also think male soldier need this kind of uniform in ofp too smile.gif

The SAS (and other CT units) shoot women first as they are usually more dedicated to their cause and will not hesitate to complete their objective.

I think that we absolutley need women in OFP, there are women in diffrent armies (There is in Sweden), and even the fact that we have got women who play this game is enough to add them in my oppinion...

Urgg, only in Russia!

Women in jackboots just don't do it for me, i like my women like my coffee, very hot and not too expensive! biggrin.gif

Don't kill me! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 09 May 2003,22:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Female army wow.giftounge.gif

Soldaten-vrouwen.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

I'm scared now. I think the enemy will be as shaken as well.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ 06 May 2003,14:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 05 May 2003,16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ 05 May 2003,15:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cassfemalesoldier.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

She got man's body and voice are the only problem biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maby she was one of those olympic swimmers ho tok drugs biggrin.gif

I don't see no problem in adding women to the game but I dont know if it would be that relevant fore the US army Other than to prove that the game is not sex discriminating(?) I could easily shoot a woman in combat so I wouldent matter to me.

Maby BIS could make a love story crazy.gif And I could also get a date biggrin.gif

The problem is how should they look should they have Big head lights biggrin.gif or should the players each decide How they should look confused.gif cause i dont think BIS is gona make 10 different models.

In R6 you could play as a woman but it was the same model as the men(just another face)(i think).

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

ow....Fubar change to his new girl friend picture tounge.gif

Yes we need female soldiers in OFP2. They may be rare but it would be too much of an ommision to not have them.

Additionally, as immoral as it may be in real life, child models should also be included. Not simply as soldiers ( though many countries still use this horrific practice ) but also to create more realistic civilian scenarios. I can imagine it might cause upset but it would be more truthful.

Hmm, children, i can agree that it would make it more realistic but then again, i think if you shot any of them you would become a complete rogue, the ruskie and americans ally and the civilian militia mobilises to kill you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 12 May 2003,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, children, i can agree that it would make it more realistic but then again, i think if you shot any of them you would become a complete rogue, the ruskie and americans ally and the civilian militia mobilises to kill you.<span id='postcolor'>

Since it all is some kind of roleplaying I don't see that as a problem...

And it should be added for the story affects if you have a really mean charakter in the campain as enemy, and you see him kill a child, that is something that shows how mean he is... and things like that is good to have in campains and missions with much story... wink.gif

I dont think that BIS would put children in OFP, as childrens charities would go mad, claiming BIS supports child cruelty/slavery/prostitution/soldiers etc etc! The furore might be so strong that it could damage sales particulary in the US in areas with liberal tendencies or the Bible belt. Local politicians might take a stand and ban the game = not good for BIS coffers!

We as gamers and game makers should not have to bow to the opinions of idiots from the bible belt or that of 'soccer moms' who have no idea what they are talking about. F*ck their stupid misconceptions; if they don't understand the issue at hand thats their problem.

hell yes, would love having a female soldier in control of the squad i'm in, or just me... or platoon, whatever, its a very good idea anyways! wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif[edit] in both SP and MP that is[edit]

prog923n.jpg

Image301.gif

AV04%20female_soldier_jpg.jpg

smile.gif

Biggest problem would be in MP.. you see the slots.

2 girls slots

3 girls joins, or just guys.. there could be some whining, you never know how many female uints you would need. I voted 3 since..

a) we do already have female uints. Both VC (SEB nampack) and american standard (cassie) and we got female animation.. when walking..

so i thought we just need some radio voices.

I just hope if they make female they don't make a sexy female hottie girl with nice makeup. Make it like a soldier..

IMO if they do implement female soldiers, it would mean that there would be a female equivalent for every soldier, thus in MP game the slots would simply say 'soldier' or 'machine gunner' - and the players config would determine whether the in game avatar was male or female.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mrukas @ 13 May 2003,00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">prog923n.jpg

<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, the british army has 7ft Brick walls that you jump over, no place to put you feet.

She should run up to it with full pack and rifle, jump up and swing her legs underneath he as she goes over.

I've seen our women do it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX @ 13 May 2003,13:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IMO if they do implement female soldiers, it would mean that there would be a female equivalent for every soldier, thus in MP game the slots would simply say 'soldier' or 'machine gunner' - and the players config would determine whether the in game avatar was male or female.<span id='postcolor'>

Great idea...

I see no reason why not to add female soldiers to OFP2, but I'll still be the old dirty hairy man (the one young guba is in Resistance) biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dubble0zero @ 13 May 2003,17:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX @ 13 May 2003,13:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IMO if they do implement female soldiers, it would mean that there would be a female equivalent for every soldier, thus in MP game the slots would simply say 'soldier' or 'machine gunner' - and the players config would determine whether the in game avatar was male or female.<span id='postcolor'>

Great idea...<span id='postcolor'>

indeed, that would be fair

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GranQ @ 13 May 2003,09:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just hope if they make female they don't make a sexy female hottie girl with nice makeup<span id='postcolor'>

That's the most unrealistic thing they could do when adding women, but since this is Flashpoint and not GTA I don't really think that is a problem... wink.gif

(but then ofcourse GTA isn't a war simulator, and it doesn't have soldiers)  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The SAS (and other CT units) shoot women first as they are usually more dedicated to their cause and will not hesitate to complete their objective.

<span id='postcolor'>

During operation Magic Fire with the GSG9, the first terrorist encountered was a female soldier and she was immediately shot in the head 4 times by Ulrich and his guys.

Although women being more dedicated to the same cause as any other gender or race is kind of on the iffy side, again thats like saying lefties are more creative than righties.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We as gamers and game makers should not have to bow to the opinions of idiots from the bible belt or that of 'soccer moms' who have no idea what they are talking about. F*ck their stupid misconceptions; if they don't understand the issue at hand thats their problem.<span id='postcolor'>

I completely agree however I still don't think the power would fall on our hands in the end, seeing how many fools there are out there. Although if your asking for realism and want women included than i think you might as well should add children or teenagers to the civil side as well. Idk if you guys are into Half-Life but theres this mod. for it called Heart of Evil I believe about Vietnam, and one of the stories you read about in the game is that kids were supplying local NVA in a NVA controlled village and after several hours of fighting the Americans lost heavy casaulties and found out that they cut the NVA into 2 places and the NVA was using children to channel the ammo around and keep the NVA going, after many americans died the commander ordered his men to fire on the children they did so and then soon after took the village. Idk if this was based on a true event but confused.gif