Sign in to follow this  
nero12

I can become beta tester operation flashpoint 2

At me a question as I can become beta tester OPERATION FLASHPOINT 2, whether it possible&?

Well, I'll have to start drafting the OFP2 FAQ. So BIS will have to send me alpha and beta copies so that I can prepare for the GA release.

/avon falls on knees and begs - office staff around stare in disbelief

Even though I would be a very good beta tester, as I have already experience in that field, I don't even dare to ask BIS.

What I found funny was that Codemasters picked some people who joined that flashpoint2 newsletter for beta testing. Getting qualified testers that way is more than questionable... tounge.gif

Hehe, i would like to beta test too. Who would not? Especially the linux server (and client too if there will be one).

I want to be a beta tester too, i could check the german translations for example. And i found a bug in Resistance in the first minutes: The images of HK G3 and FN Fal were wrong!

ok now, this is pretty much useless since BIS must already have their own alpha/beta tester....I guess they will use the same of flashpoint 1 for flashpoint 2 smile.gif

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>me too wanna be tester!!!</span> biggrin.gif

Us forum people don't get any respect, no beta testing for us. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP Studio @ 28 April 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn wink.gif

But i hope for BIS if the test it themselves the game has no major bugs tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif Nice one.

Seriously though,

BIS always had a very low Bug/Feature ratio. Look at other series like R6, per feature they probably had 2x the bugs OFP1.0 did.

I wouldn't mind Beta testing OFP2, as long as my PC supports it and I'm not under pressure too much with other issues at that time. smile.gif End of 2004 I can't be sure what my status will be...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 28 April 2003,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">/avon falls on knees and begs - office staff around stare in disbelief<span id='postcolor'>

I thought you were self-employed?

If I got a beta copy it would mean a whole hell of a lot because computer game design is a carrer I was looking into after I'm out of the Corps. smile.gif

Best go to school to learn some Comp Science/Programming or such if you want to be a game designer. Unless you have already been at it for years, meaning it would be almost useless to you. smile.gif

Betatesting games will not do anything for you in that regard...

I dont want to be a beta tester tounge.gif

[whisper]Lets see if inverse psycology works[/whisper]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 28 April 2003,22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Best go to school to learn some Comp Science/Programming or such if you want to be a game designer.  Unless you have already been at it for years, meaning it would be almost useless to you.  smile.gif  

Betatesting games will not do anything for you in that regard...<span id='postcolor'>

You really are a Euro... lol (Prays you now know why I posted what I did)

What I really mean is I like to see betas of games because it gives a good idea of where the game is. How it is progressing. If I do get into designing, I'd like to know what is good enough and what is just progression.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ 28 April 2003,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont want to be a beta tester  tounge.gif

[whisper]Lets see if inverse psycology works[/whisper]<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

you never know wink.gif

IMHO, BIS choosing A/BTesters from the forum would not be such a stretch of the imagination.

Look at it from their POV. Old pros develop a certain mindset of how they operate, while new testers tend to go hog-wild for lack a better term, and discover areas not previously seen.

Choosing active military is a plus in some areas, as we would be more anal in regards to the weapontry and reality factor itself. Non-military would have the tendency to stress other factors as key.

Ahh diversity.