Sign in to follow this  
OxPecker

Ofp2 set in vietnam

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP Studio @ April 17 2003,11:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have an idea how the game could be. You start as a 20 year old man of US Army in WWI, you fight in WWII and get higher positions in the Army. Than you go to korea and the final is in Vietnam as a general. It would be possible, you would be 70 years in Vietnam  smile.gif

But of course its only what i suppose....<span id='postcolor'>

at 70 years old you should be a Chief of Staff. tounge.gif

Alright, while I regret this would not include the newest weaponry, Vietnam is THE place if you want combat atmosphere, adrenaline rushes and the feeling of bugs eating away at you... MAN would it not be nice if they added the poisonous snakes and all. 127.jpg

ha, check this out

Virtual Reality

I like the vietnam setting. Although I would've preferred WWII more. I don't care that much about modern warfare, I like playing historical battles not some fictional "RUSSIA VS USA NUCLEAR WAR IN THE YEAR 3015" And no Iraq war there's nothing more boring than a plain desert. (wouldn't need too high specs though  tounge.gif )

The only way they could make modern warfare less boring is if they concentrated on the UN role in Kosovo or some other place. So you would have to think, judge and act depending on situations... but that's a lot of special effects.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 17 2003,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Alright, while I regret this would not include the newest weaponry, Vietnam is THE place if you want combat atmosphere, adrenaline rushes and the feeling of bugs eating away at you...  MAN would it not be nice if they added the poisonous snakes and all. 127.jpg

ha, check this out

Virtual Reality<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah good point, the possibilities to fight the forces of nature aswell as a known enemy would add an interesting flavour.

I quite like crocs in DFBHD, its surprised me when I saw them in the swamps in the single player game, it actually freaked me out , so i just shot them tounge.gif

I just want engine changes, the islands don't even have to be bigger. If you look at the what you would like to see in OFP2 thread there are hundreds of good ideas that could be implemented to add to the enviroment. With kegetys releasing his cool weather effects pack (my SAR missions are so much better now!wink.gif i thought that maybe in the mission editor you can have a weather editor, with cloud cover and height, wind speed which effects ballistics and rain fronts that move with the wind.

I don't like the idea of Vietnam mainly because it's America again, i think maybe a different nationality should take centre stage (hint hint nudge nudge wink wink). Also the engine changes are going to be vital to make it successful, we need more levels of structure to the enviroment like easily integrated foxholes which provide cover from the real artillery etc. I'm just re iterating some points which i think will contribute to the games replayibility. Personally i don't like having to include bundles of triggers and scripts just so i can call in artillery strikes from fictional mortars, imagine if we had to sript support trucks and medical vehicles instead of just using the support waypoint, wouldn't it be nice to have a CSAR waypoint and an artillery waypoint?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think modern warfare is not suited for the type of joint warfare OFP is good at...well it maybe is for singleplayer but not for MP. Tanks with thermal sights? Where the heck am I supposed to hide then? Submerged in a river?<span id='postcolor'>

that's a funny question

Every body love the reality of ofp.even it's unbalanced,think of players in MP met together while one have only Ak47 another is in AH64 wink.gif

IMO all we want is change.

Game picture,Game engine,New AI,New Units,New weapon,More reality gunso physical effect ,More buildable Editor,New system which can put more hi-tech elements into weapons(that's most game doesn't have)

but what can we get from Vienam War?

Land Army(us army most likely to the ofp1's,north

vietnam..nothing to mention)

choppers(huey,cobra)almost same to ofp1 too,

tank(M60....same as ofp1 too)

Jets(F86,phantom...poorly only this was new)

Without new stuff,how can they call it "ofp-2"?

Or we can only call it "ofp-too"? confused.gif

Ok,if that is the way,Bis can't take a cent from my pocket.

Till it show something to me.

"All Re-arm at Building 6 O'clock"

and then everyone goes and gets a full loadout. instead of sending one man at a time to get one mag at a time.

Thats what i want to see.

I voted NO for vietnam (not that it will make a diference...),i would also vote NO for any real life event based new opf, personnaly fictional is the way to go, real life event based games give us way too many limitations. I dont think bis would cash in on a event where so many soldiers and specially civilians died confused.gif , will we get to bomb Saigan? drop napalm over civilian villages, cut the ears outa dead enemies and use those around our neck?(it happened...) all other atrocities the U.S. military did to civilian ppl is not worth mention. Then theres WW2, can you imagine opf without helicopters, APCs, and other cool stuff? crazy.gif . And finnaly a mix of eras and conflicts, i can imagine running to a ammo crate in a MP game and find a M16, a Mosquette, some potato mashers and all, or to chase WW2 era tanks on a apache helicopter, that would be weird eh confused.gif I hope they keep it modern and fictional, it worked great the first time.

I am really interested in how they are going to pull off densely vegetated environments on the same size scale as those in OFP1. I don't think the graphics technology is at a point in which BIS could make convincing Vietnam environments that are as huge and allow as much freedom of movement as those in OFP1.

Well you have to remember it's going to be over 1.5 years before OFP2 is released, average computer systems should have much better performance then.

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 17 2003,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Alright, while I regret this would not include the newest weaponry, Vietnam is THE place if you want combat atmosphere, adrenaline rushes and the feeling of bugs eating away at you...  MAN would it not be nice if they added the poisonous snakes and all. 127.jpg

ha, check this out

Virtual Reality<span id='postcolor'>

Good ideas and they could do something like you get sick and maybe even get caught shaving,lol

But also concentrate on things like you were saying, along with we want the soldiers to bleed to death if they are wounded and dont get treatment in time and such,and the real life things, like a wounded soldier can still shoot but may not be able to move (thats already going in the current engine sorta) And AI behavior improved

But if its Vietnam,would have to have tunnels and such too.

It would be a good war scenario

But also the heavy usage of choppers (one of ofps strongpoints)

Would be hard to please everyone,they should do all war eras and call it a "War Simulator"

I hope its some other war that the U.S. has fought in like the Bay of Pigs invasion which took place in Panama.

I think it'll be great, since it will force BIS to figure out a way to create lush, realistic looking forests. With an engine like that, modders will literally have the sky as their limit. Plus I get a Huey!!!

All i hope with their new game BIS will re-do the soldier movement system.

That was the only real low point of OFP , i was not really under the impression to "be" the soldier , but i had more the feeling to "drive" him as i drive a vehicle instead.

Something like the old game Wargasm (people knowing it will understand) , i hope this weird feeling will disappear in OFP2 and controls will be more intuitive and immersive.

And for the recored , an exclusive : an early OFP2 ingame wink.gif

vs-platoon-01.jpg

I really don't mind where they put it. Veitnam games are always fun, but they were always closed in. BIS can open up the settings quite a bit which would be nice.

I wouldn't really want another fictional story on islands, because.... well they did it twice already. Quite well I might add.

Either or, I won't be complaining biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ April 17 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope its some other war that the U.S. has fought in like the Bay of Pigs invasion which took place in Panama.<span id='postcolor'>

i must be dreaming .....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 17 2003,22:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ April 17 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope its some other war that the U.S. has fought in like the Bay of Pigs invasion which took place in Panama.<span id='postcolor'>

i must be dreaming .....<span id='postcolor'>

You dont understand Ran , the thread deal about fictional events opposed to real events , so there can be a Bay of Pigs in Panama LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ April 17 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope its some other war that the U.S. has fought in like the Bay of Pigs invasion which took place in Panama.<span id='postcolor'>

lol tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sanctuary @ April 17 2003,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 17 2003,22:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ April 17 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope its some other war that the U.S. has fought in like the Bay of Pigs invasion which took place in Panama.<span id='postcolor'>

i must be dreaming .....<span id='postcolor'>

You dont understand Ran , the thread deal about fictional events opposed to real events , so there can be a Bay of Pigs in Panama LOL<span id='postcolor'>

]</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ April 17 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope its some other war that the U.S. has fought in like the Bay of Pigs invasion which took place in Panama.<span id='postcolor'>

hm ...... why not vietnam ..... but they'll have to make something great , because nam is getting overdone in video games these days

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 17 2003,22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hm ...... why not vietnam ..... but they'll have to make something great , because nam is getting overdone in video games these days<span id='postcolor'>

Personally I would've like to have seen them do Korea.