Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

If only we would`ve had Independence Lost to play with until OF2 came out sad.gif ..Even the army has more fun then we do with their VBS1...

Who knows, maybe IL comes out in the beginning of 2004...

Why do you assume that IL and OFP2 are separate projects? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ 30 April 2003,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do you assume that IL and OFP2 are separate projects?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Because Marek said so in an interview, and IL is being developed by BIA, while OFP2 is being developed by BIS.

Got a link.....and a date? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ 30 April 2003,19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Got a link.....and a date?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nope and nope...it was on flashpoint.ru i believe

Damn, I don't remember where I read that, but Evisc is right. IL is a project of Bohemia's Australian studio. Supposedly it's due out this July.

I know IL is a project of BIA....it's just that BIS are sneaky little devils...and I wouldn't put IL=OFP2 past them you know what I mean? Of course I'd still prefer OFP2=VBS1 (or 2). Hehehehe!

Anyway stuff looking for the interview....I'm off to download some pr0n.....nite! biggrin.gifwink.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ 30 April 2003,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn, I don't remember where I read that, but Evisc is right.  IL is a project of Bohemia's Australian studio.  Supposedly it's due out this July.<span id='postcolor'>

In the same interview he mentioned they had no plans to release IL this year, so it would seem unlikely that they would release it in July, you would also expect the BIS PR machine to be at work if it was going to be released so soon...

And Leone there is no evidence linking IL to OFP2, firstly from screenshots released about IL its going to be about Australian peace keepers in East Timor, in a modern-ish setting (i think they were there 3-4 years ago or something).

OFP2 has been billed as a Modern-Historical scenario, and has had several pictures of Vietnam era soldiers carrying vietnam era weaponry, so the chances of them being the same game are very slim...

East Timor? I thought that's what ADF were up to? Not a good subject matter for a game. Lets see...Australian Military vs a few Guerillas (sp?). Bahhhhh. BTW Aus Forces were in there for ages....peace keeping...you know the routine.

I just thought that the possiblility shouldn't be 100% ruled out...like I said....those BIS boys can't be sneaky when they wanna be :-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ 01 May 2003,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">East Timor? I thought that's what ADF were up to? Not a good subject matter for a game. Lets see...Australian Military vs a few Guerillas (sp?). Bahhhhh. BTW Aus Forces were in there for ages....peace keeping...you know the routine.<span id='postcolor'>

What if the Chinese were to get involved? wow.gif

lol......I don't think so somehow! If anyone it would be Indonesia....

lol......chinese.....what is Avon smoking?....*snigger*...... wink.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ 01 May 2003,08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol......I don't think so somehow! If anyone it would be Indonesia....

lol......chinese.....what is Avon smoking?....*snigger*...... wink.gif  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

this is the story of IL from Avons page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">East Timor has earned a bloody reputation out of all proportion to its size. This small territory is a former Portuguese colony which Indonesia invaded in 1975 in the midst of decolonization. The move had tacit support from Western powers convinced by Jakarta that East Timor risked becoming a communist satellite. Indonesia's formal annexation of the territory in 1976 was never accepted by the United Nations.

In December 1975 the Indonesian army invaded the town of Batugadé. The East Timorese resisted this invasion. On 7 December 1975 the Indonesian army landed in Dili, one day after US President Gerald Ford and Secretary of State Henry Kissinger departed from a summit meeting in Jakarta. The invasion commenced with a naval bombardment, followed by paratroopers and finally beach landings. Civilians were killed, shops looted, women raped and public executions took place on the wharf. On 10 December 1975 the town of Baucau was captured, followed by Liquica and Maubara, where further mass killings of civilians reportedly took place. One estimation is that within four months up to 100, 000 people were killed. A Portuguese source claims that 44% of the pre-occupation population was killed between the invasion and 1981.

A provisional Timorese government was immediately established, consisting of APODETI ministers. A petition was signed by 28 conscripted delegates asking President Suharto to grant East Timor integration with Indonesia. On 17 July 1976 Suharto signed the Bill of Integration and declared East Timor to be Indonesia’s 27th province.

On the evening of 27th October 1991, at a church service in the Church of St.Antonio de Motael, 18 year old Sebastio Gomes Rangel was shot and killed by ABRI soldiers. One other Timorese was also killed during that evening. At a memorial mass in Dili on 12thNovember 1991, as the procession moved to the Santa Cruz cemetery, some in the crowd carried pro-independence flags and banners. During this march, seven Western journalists, including US citizens Allan Nairn and Amy Goodman, witnessed Indonesian soldiers open fire on hundreds of unarmed demonstrators at the cemetery. A British photographer actually captured the rampage on video. Nairn and Goodman, who had tried to place themselves between the soldiers and the people, were threatened at gunpoint and beaten. Many of the wounded were reportedly taken away on military vehicles and killed. Initial eyewitness accounts claimed at least 100 people were killed; subsequent investigation by an East Timorese organization (Peace Is Possible in East Timor) has identified 271 victims by name. It is also estimated that 382 people were wounded and 250 disappeared. An Indonesian enquiry found that 19 people were killed and that the incident was in response to rioting by the mourners.

On 30 August 1999 a UN administered ballot resulted in a 78.5% vote by an estimated 98.6% of the eligible population against greater autonomy within Indonesia. As a result, the Indonesian military and pro-Indonesia militias engulfed East Timor in violence. Hundreds of East Timorese were killed. Estimates state that 75% of the population were again displaced either into the mountains or to West Timor. Those in the mountains faced starvation and those that fled into West Timor (estimated at 200, 000) were forcibly held in squalid refugee camps. Widespread looting and destruction of property occurred throughout the country, including the destruction of in excess of 50% of homes in Dili. It was reported by International newspapers that 145 people were killed in Dili within 48 hours of the ballot declaration.

On 15 September 1999 the UN Security Council authorized a multi-national peace enforcement mission in East Timor (INTERFET), to restore peace and security and to facilitate humanitarian relief efforts. 7000 troops led by Australia secured East Timor, with the exception of the Oecusse enclave – which was secured in mid-October 1999. International relief efforts were put in place and displaced people were permitted to return to their communities. Indonesian forces were withdrawn from East Timor. On 20 October 1999 the Indonesian Parliament resolved to formally ratify East Timor’s separation from Indonesia allowing the UN Security Council to approve the establishment of a UN Transitional Administration in East Timor (UNTAET).

UNTAET’s principal role is to facilitate the transition of East Timor to independence. It is responsible for the administration of East Timor including the exercise of all legislative and executive authority, the administration of justice and the organizing of elections. In February 2000 INTERFET formally handed over administration to UNTAET.

By its resolution 1338 of 31 January 2001, the Security Council extended the mandate of UNTAET until 31 January 2002, bearing in mind the possible need for adjustments related to the independence timetable.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ 01 May 2003,09:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol......I don't think so somehow! If anyone it would be Indonesia....

lol......chinese.....what is Avon smoking?....*snigger*...... wink.gif  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just whipping up an imaginary scenario. smile.gif

i think it would be quite interesting, both the story line potential and the addons involved.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 01 May 2003,11:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ 01 May 2003,09:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol......I don't think so somehow! If anyone it would be Indonesia....

Just whipping up an imaginary scenario. smile.gif

i think it would be quite interesting, both the story line potential and the addons involved.<span id='postcolor'>

Me too, I mean they get involved in Korea, why not Vietnam?

errr....think we are talking across purposes here.....Avon and I were talking about East Timor not Vietnam. Chinese involvement in Vietnam is well documented! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP2 has been billed as a Modern-Historical scenario, and has had several pictures of Vietnam era soldiers carrying vietnam era weaponry, so the chances of them being the same game are very slim...<span id='postcolor'>

Both of this futur products are quite compatible (island jungle warfare) even if Independance Lost would add modern weapons and vehicles.

I really think Independance Lost will be released as an upgrade or extension for OFP2 (like OFP:Resistance for OFP CWC), many game have official anachronic mod, Day Of Defeat isn't it a WWII mod/extension for modern CS ?

DoD, CS are two different mods for the same game. No connection between them

E3 list

Codemasters:

American Idol (PS2, PC)

Battlefield Command (PC)

Club Football (PS2, Xbox)

Colin McRae Rally 04 (PS2, Xbox)

Dragon Empires (PC)

IndyCar Series (PS2, Xbox, PC)

LMA Manager

Operation Flashpoint (Xbox)

Operation Flashpoint 2 (PC)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ 03 May 2003,02:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">American Idol (PS2, PC)<span id='postcolor'>

What the heck!?!?!?!?!? crazy.gif

Operation Amercian Idol:

Shoot as many annoying contestants and judges as possible in realistic studio environments. tounge.gif

SFG is those games in the same order as CM put them? If yes its so typical for CM to put Ofp at the bottom... confused.gif