Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

Half-life 2 is out (and CS:Source)

Hi,

I just received my copy of the german magazine PC-Games, one of the largest.

HL 2 got 96%, no other game has reached such a high number in the magazines history!

Recaiver on m4 at left side?huh  wow_o.gif

That's not valve's fault. They just ported CS to the source engine. Which btw is also the only MP included with the game; CS in source sad_o.gif

I'm going to buy this game the day it reaches the stores or maybe I'll just ambush the supply truck to get even earlier. tounge_o.gif

I'm going to buy this game the day it reaches the stores or maybe I'll just ambush the supply truck to get even earlier.

Hehe, I already have it...

Well, cached on my PC, cant play it until steam unlocks it...

Same. sad_o.gif

I've tried CS:Source, but it was just a pretty Counter Strike. I hate that kind of gameplay.

I am looking forward to Day of Defeat: Source, though, as while it's kind of like CS, it's not. Which doesn't make any sense as I write this, but I really do like DoD even though as a die-hard OFPer, I should turn up my nose and be snooty towards it.

Same. sad_o.gif

I've tried CS:Source, but it was just a pretty Counter Strike. I hate that kind of gameplay.

I am looking forward to Day of Defeat: Source, though, as while it's kind of like CS, it's not. Which doesn't make any sense as I write this, but I really do like DoD even though as a die-hard OFPer, I should turn up my nose and be snooty towards it.

Same here, DoD has that larger-scale feel and requires coordination between different soldier classes, I also love the morale part of DoD, you know when your team is playing defensively you'll just have to set an example, scream 'Displace! GO GO GO!" and charge. You'll probably be killed, but then watch your team stand up and human wave the opposing team. wink_o.gif Now if only there were Soviets in DoD...

Another plus is the relatively realistically behaving weapons, could use iron sights though.

Yes. smile_o.gif

Teamplay is definately important in DoD - as much as reflexes, IMHO. It's a big plus when in a game, someone who with one single grenade can change the entire morale of the team. I've perfected the art of suicide bombings in DoD, where I'll prime a nade, run out into an open area I know is crawling with bad guys, get shot down but manage to take two or three of them down with me when the nade explodes, changing the tide of the whole battle.

I'm otherwise a lousy shot (Tex and Harnu can attest to that) but doign something simple like throwing a grenade can really make a difference.

In re Tigershark's post, I'd love to play CS:S with other OFP players. Just gimme a GMT time and I'll do my best. Weeknights or weekends usually work best in my oh-so-packed social schedule. wink_o.gif

In re Tigershark's post, I'd love to play CS:S with other OFP players. Just gimme a GMT time and I'll do my best. Weeknights or weekends usually work best in my oh-so-packed social schedule. wink_o.gif

Same here.

If possible...when you mention your server you play on...please mention your name as well.

Mine predictably is tigershark_BAS

I'm otherwise a lousy shot (Tex and Harnu can attest to that) but doign something simple like throwing a grenade can really make a difference.

Lousy is an understatement.  smile_o.gif

Edit: So the game is worth purchasing?

I like TFC the best. Each job has their own function and tatic.

Very fun to play. personally i like TFC>DOD>CS smile_o.gif

Yeah, I like TFC, too. I used to go on all the time, then I slowly weaned off it after getting some new games after Christmas.

Now I'm back on. The thing is, I am so damn rusty! I can hardly kill anyone! biggrin_o.gif Unless I go an Engineer, or a Spy... that is, if nobody somehow sees through my disguise (happens 90% of the time).

Well, I'm off to practice some more. See ya!

[Gareth Gates must die]

I play as "Polyphonic Killing Spree". I really don't play CS:S much so I don't know which servers are good or bad, and my favorite Steam servers are still DoD only.

WOuld any one bother telling me what Steam is ?

I have seen it written here so many times yet i dont know what it is since i am not that that much in to the HalfLife scene.

Quote[/b] ]Its a program where you legally download the game and purchase it through the internet instead of buying a CD/DVD.

There's more to it than that...

Steam features

Steam also puts a nice ball and chain on any program that uses it.  Any updates to most Steam applications are totally dependent on Steam and WILL NOT work correctly without Steam connected and updated.

You can play Counter-Strike, Half-Life, or Condition Zero fine if you already own it.  However, any updates to the programs will NOT take effect unless you launch them from Steam.

If you want to prevent reinstalling and redownloading most of your Steam Games, I suggest you backup your Entire Steam directory.  Just backup Steam after you've gotten 100% of all the updates downloaded, because the Steam content is all that changes, no modifications are made to your original game files.

How do I know about this wonderful issue?

I bloody install Steam once a week now almost because it gets removed because I use a public comp, and restore all my Steam games to current version very quickly with my Steam backup CD's.

Hopes this clarifies about what Steam does.

BTW, I'll provide a free lesson in getting owned for you in Counter-Strike, especially if you have Condition-Zero.

My times are:

Monday, Wednesday 5:00 pm EST to 9:00 pm EST

Tuesday, Thursday  10:20 am EST to 12:30 pm EST

Sometimes at Sunday 3:00 pm EST to 10:00 pm EST

ICQ is 91310176

YIM is havoc_squad

Do not hide in this forum, come do battle against me or stand at my side and follow me into battle.

Half-life 2 announced

yay! tounge_o.gif .

but... with so much attention at CS... so much attention at multiplayer... will the singleplayer be good? something i also wonder with Halo... sad_o.gif

Half-life 2 announced

yay!  tounge_o.gif .

but...  with so much attention at CS... so much attention at multiplayer...  will the singleplayer be good?  something i also wonder with Halo...  sad_o.gif

Are you kidding me? Cs:S is only 5% of the game!

The single player is the only thing im looking forward to (alongside certain mods), and judging from the reviews, it wont be dissapointing.

Lousy is an understatement.  smile_o.gif

Edit: So the game is worth purchasing?

It's a curious thing. I consider myself quite an established OFP player...able to shoot well and use cover.

Get me in CS and I feel like I'm watching my little sister play on my PC. I suck SOOOO bad! It's a totally different style of gameplay and very humbling experience to be whooped by some 12 year old in Lithuania :-(

What makes it worse is all the smack talking that goes on afterwards. That I could do without which is why it would be good to get a bunch of OFP guys together.

Oh..and don't get me wrong...OFP is still my first love but it interesting studying the Source engine for CS. The physics and textures are quite impressive. Just the gameplay of CS that frustrates me....they tell me it will come with practice but I think the gameplay will frustrate before I get good enough to enjoy it.

As my good buddy Rom says...perhaps it's not the game....any game can be fun depending on who you play it with...and prepubescent teenagers is not my preferred demographic I must confess.

So that leaves you out Hellfish! tounge_o.gif Just kidding smile_o.gif

Same with me TS, only i suck in Americas Army. i get shot all the time. sad_o.gif

LONG LIVE FLASHPOINT AND OUR UBER REALESTIC GAME PLAY.

Same with me TS, only i suck in Americas Army. i get shot all the time. sad_o.gif

LONG LIVE FLASHPOINT AND OUR UBER REALESTIC GAME PLAY.

Oh yeah...that too...thanks for reminding me Batdog smile_o.gif

Although I am marginally better at Americas Army....emphasis on marginally!

Quote[/b] ]they tell me it will come with practice but I think the gameplay will frustrate before I get good enough to enjoy it.

This wont happen believe me ive been playing CS for sometime now on my LAN mainly because i am forced too as no one as plays anything else mad_o.gif . And they toldme the same thing you'll get better with practise but no you dont atleast i havent improved that big , its all a game of chance there in CS sometimes you get killed from walls sometimes a dumb team member kills you then sometimes the flash bang'er wont work for you its quite wierd the game has a very unconsistent style of gameplay you just have to keep guessing and shooting wildly to make any difference ....