Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

Greece3 completed!

This week my island "Greece3" will be released together with a beta-demo of the rallye-mod. Until then...try these appetizers:

mail_greece32.gif  mail_larissa2.gif  mail_maroussi2.gif  mail_terma2.gif

(postcards, size 150mm x 105mm)

04|02|2003: download

Greece3 is the word! tounge.gif

How big an island is it?

How many towns does it have?

Is it made mainly for racing or is this gonna be one great map for military missions?

wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I could be more impressed, but I think would explode! Looks brilliant!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This week my island "Greece3" will be released together with a beta-demo of the rallye-mod.<span id='postcolor'>

Release it now!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Crassus @ Mar. 04 2003,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uh, is the drool apparent? wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I don't see any. The towns look spic and span to me.

Hmmmm, it sure looks pretty, it could use some civilian boats in that marina/harbour though...

The island looks great! Just looking at it makes me think of lazy summer days, bells ringing in the town churches and people drinking coffee at continental style cafe's. Maybe I just have an overactive imagination. smile.gif

Hate to be pedantic but shouldn't this be in WIP since it isn't actually released yet?

Well, I assume no one reads the manual, therefore I'll post it here. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

------------------------------------------------------

|      A    G u i d e    t o    " G r e e c e 3 "      |

------------------------------------------------------

Greece3 is a small greek island situated near Zakynthos. Not yet discovered by tourism, this island offers lonely beaches, an unspoiled countryside and picturesque villages. A very good restaurant can be found between Larissa and Kavala, near the famous northern cliff.

-----------------------------

|    " L a r i s s a "        |

Capital of the island, seat of the local government and place of the island hall. An old village with harbour, lighthouse and beautiful, narrow streets.

|    " M a r o u s s i "      |

Rather new village at the beginning of the recently completed island highway (which connects the army base with Maroussi).

|    " E k o c h o r i ó "    |

Small village built around the island's only EKO fuel station. There's a small cloister and an archaeological excavation to the south.

|    " K a v a l a "          |

Small village at the end of the island highway.

|    " T é r m a "            |

Or "Land's End", this former country estate was converted into a museum, now showing (arti)facts of the island's history.

© der bastler, March 2003

<span id='postcolor'>

The island was packaged and dispatched monday evening, SnakeCobra has received it. Now it's up to him -stay tuned!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Mar. 05 2003,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The island was packaged and dispatched monday evening, SnakeCobra has received it. Now it's up to him -stay tuned!<span id='postcolor'>

They must still be delivering post by bicycle in Greece. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 05 2003,12:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Mar. 05 2003,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The island was packaged and dispatched monday evening, SnakeCobra has received it. Now it's up to him -stay tuned!<span id='postcolor'>

They must still be delivering post by bicycle in Greece. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Letters - yes smile.gif

In Germany as well.

England too.

Don't tell me they deliver letters by car or something in the States or in Israel wow.gif

Come on, offer the damn thing for download biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 05 2003,12:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 05 2003,12wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Mar. 05 2003,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The island was packaged and dispatched monday evening, SnakeCobra has received it. Now it's up to him -stay tuned!<span id='postcolor'>

They must still be delivering post by bicycle in Greece. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Letters - yes smile.gif

In Germany as well.

England too.

Don't tell me they deliver letters by car or something in the States or in Israel wow.gif

Come on, offer the damn thing for download biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well they do in switzerland, sometimes in a big yellow van and sometimes in a small yellow car

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 05 2003,13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't tell me they deliver letters by car or something in the States or in Israel wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I haven't seen a camel delivery in a long time. tounge.gif

There's a postal dropoff box where mail for a whole street is delivered by van/truck. From there it's picked up by the postman and delivered door to door, usually on foot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Come on, offer the damn thing for download<span id='postcolor'>

Moving to ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 05 2003,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 05 2003,13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't tell me they deliver letters by car or something in the States or in Israel wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There's a postal dropoff box where mail for a whole street is delivered by van/truck. From there it's picked up by the postman and delivered door to door, usually on foot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Come on, offer the damn thing for download<span id='postcolor'>

Moving to ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Cool, didn't know you do it that way smile.gif

It is a lot more centralised here, first it gets sent to the sorting centre, then to the town it is destined to, then to the local post office, and it is brought to your door from there.

As for moving, no, because the island is finished smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 05 2003,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 05 2003,13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't tell me they deliver letters by car or something in the States or in Israel wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Moving to ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

same here, only a package that doesnt fit tru the mailbox gets delivered with a car