Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Malvinas beta demo

all you have to do then is put a western soldier as commander as a bunch of east units then delete him and they should appear west.

East West who cares, play with it or don't, get over it already.

Moving to A&M:C

Just for the record...

I'm not in the Falklands MOD....anything I say it's my responsability...

I'll just donate them my Westland Wessex when done...

Sory i'm late  biggrin.gif

First of all i would like to thank every reply to this post, because ANY feedback is (as far as i know) good.

Now, about the west and east issue. We decided to use West for Argentinean troops because here (in Argentina) England is at east. There is no political or "good and bad guys" or any other reason for that.

The addons are made specially for our mod requirements, but you can still mix our addons because we left the config.cpp OPEN just for that reason. So feel free to change the WEST for EAST any time you want. I don't need to tell you they are for free use.

About the language: The final version will be in spanish and english. We just have to add the stringtable to the addons, not a big deal, but it's not what we are testing now.

I must add that none of us has a "perfect" english, so there are and will be lot of mistakes.

Antichrist: thank you very much, we didn't spot that in the im65.

Guys, please let's keep this ONTOPPIC if we don't it'll be closed and we really need the feedback.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oberon3d @ Mar. 28 2003,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if invading other country to save your own failing Goverment is done by bad guys...and bad guys are in the East block....that means that USA is in the East now and so England as USA allied ...so if UK is in the East....Argentina is in the West again....<span id='postcolor'>

Big LOL  biggrin.gif

So true...  tounge.gif

imperial_fries.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Mar. 28 2003,16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><especially the political statements made by friggin' civvies><span id='postcolor'>

My appologies for going a bit OT here.

"Political statementes made by friggin' civvies" ? ? ? ? ?

WTF! You must be joking. I guess the only political statements you like are the ones made with a gun in your hand. All very democratic and civilised...

Back on topic (sorry again)

Thanks a lot for the Mod Capt. Morgan. I'll try it this weekend smile.gif

imperial_fries.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if invading other country to save your own failing Goverment is done by bad guys...and bad guys are in the East block....that means that USA is in the East now and so England as USA allied ...so if UK is in the East....Argentina is in the West again....<span id='postcolor'>

Firstly, i dont think the US Government was failing at all prior to the war in Iraq, probably at an all time high post-9/11(or 11/9 as it should be), there are also vastly different conditions to just compare the falklands conflict with the current gulf war, firstly the people on the Falklands were not oppressed prior to the invasion, they were not tortured, maimed, or sent into exile, also during the Falklands Conflict the UN passed a resolution ordering Argentina to withdraw its troops, which they did not do, forcing the Royal Navy to sail thousands of miles to force the invaders to surrender, if the UN passes a resolution ordering the coalition forces out of Iraq then maybe you can compare the two, but seeing as both the UK and the USA have veto power i cant see that happening...

I think this is excellent work indeed. The Argentinian units are exceptional, I particualary like the hood/collar on them.

I dont think the Brit Para units are as good, because the beret seems to be too red and not quite maroon enough, and the DPM is kind of too bright. Also I hope every SLR is not equiped with a Trilux sight in the finished product.

Regards the Bergens/Back packs...would it be possible to have the option to be able to drop them somehow? Like a RPG or LAW? Because i would only use those units in a cut scene and not as a playable unit.

Also some units are missing textures when i view them from a distance, particulary the hands on the Argentian ones.

But on the whole, very promising....Im looking forward to the finished MOD.

So is there a main island that will be in this as well...I am not familiar with the area and it sounded like this was just a intro island or piece of it?

Its great for small skirmishes. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 28 2003,20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if invading other country to save your own failing Goverment is done by bad guys...and bad guys are in the East block....that means that USA is in the East now and so England as USA allied ...so if UK is in the East....Argentina is in the West again....<span id='postcolor'>

Firstly, i dont think the US Government was failing at all prior to the war in Iraq, probably at an all time high post-9/11(or 11/9 as it should be), there are also vastly different conditions to just compare the falklands conflict with the current gulf war, firstly the people on the Falklands were not oppressed prior to the invasion, they were not tortured, maimed, or sent into exile, also during the Falklands Conflict the UN passed a resolution ordering Argentina to withdraw its troops, which they did not do, forcing the Royal Navy to sail thousands of miles to force the invaders to surrender, if the UN passes a resolution ordering the coalition forces out of Iraq then maybe you can compare the two, but seeing as both the UK and the USA have veto power i cant see that happening...<span id='postcolor'>

Naaaah... You are all wrong. The Treaty of Utrecht says the Malvinas are Spanish (the same treaty that says Gibraltar is British). Spain Should send troops and reclaim the islands (or Gibraltar hehehehe) tounge.gif

imperial_fries.jpg

Why is there no Brit grunts with the SLR rifles?

Why is there no Brit grunts with helmets instead of berets with the SLR (without the scope thing) rifles?

Is this going to be implemented later or was it just not included in the demo?

No Captaine, it says I only respect the opinion of those willing to put their cojones on the line to support their views.

Anything about that you don't get?

<last entry for me, any further BS do a PM>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Mar. 28 2003,21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No Captaine, it says I only respect the opinion of those willing to put their cojones on the line to support their views.

Anything about that you don't get?

<last entry for me, any further BS do a PM><span id='postcolor'>

Well... I only respect the opinion of those willing to think with their brains instead of their cojones tounge.gif

nowar_01.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CapMorganCD @ Mar. 28 2003,12:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sory i'm late  biggrin.gif

First of all i would like to thank every reply to this post, because ANY feedback is (as far as i know) good.

Now, about the west and east issue. We decided to use West for Argentinean troops because here (in Argentina) England is at east. There is no political or "good and bad guys" or any other reason for that.

The addons are made specially for our mod requirements, but you can still mix our addons because we left the config.cpp OPEN just for that reason. So feel free to change the WEST for EAST any time you want. I don't need to tell you they are for free use.

About the language: The final version will be in spanish and english. We just have to add the stringtable to the addons, not a big deal, but it's not what we are testing now.

I must add that none of us has a "perfect" english, so there are and will be lot of mistakes.

Antichrist: thank you very much, we didn't spot that in the im65.

Guys, please let's keep this ONTOPPIC if we don't it'll be closed and we really need the feedback.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... would you guys object to someone releasing the Argentinian troops as Resistance and the Brits as West? I mean, as long as they gave you credit, of course. I really like those British troops and I'd like to fight some Russians with them.

All this discussion about the east and west is pretty sad!

I mean, who gives a damn? I don't! As long as these addons are good I don't care if they're east or west even if it "damages" someone's national pride! confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Mar. 28 2003,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All  this discussion about the east and west is pretty sad!

I mean, who gives a damn? I don't! As long as these addons are good I don't care if they're east or west even if it "damages" someone's national pride!  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Think the only national pride taken is by the mod team. People that are against having the british on east are it because they cant be used in other missions along US forces against russians aka east, which is sad because they are around the same time line. And as eviscerator said there's a unspoken rule of which countries should go west / east mainly so you wont have the same countries forces in all three folders (west, east and resistance). This has nothing to do with national pride but about making the addons so they can be used more than one place. And yes they say they left the config open, but then you need to have the files twice one for the campaign and one for other missions.

A solution to the problem could be to make it in the config so the british forces have sub folders in both east and west so they can be used both for the campaign as east and in other user made missions as west.

Btw im danish so have no national feelings in this at all. Just saying my opinion.

Guys... Give the guys some credit.. They've released a decent beta and are after feedback.. I really don't think they are interested in east v west discussions........

Now I understand why we're going for a full release instead of a beta...... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Mar. 28 2003,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A solution to the problem could be to make it in the config so the british forces have sub folders in both east and west so they can be used both for the campaign as east and in other user made missions as west.

Btw im danish so have no national feelings in this at all. Just saying my opinion.<span id='postcolor'>

First i want to say that we never thought that the soldiers side as west=good - east=bad.

Anybody can see in a map that Argentina is west in relation to England and we'll not chage sides .

However (if it posible as i think) we may put the english forces into the west only at the editor just to let you use the addons vs Rusian forces.

-------------

Someone said and compared Argentina invasion (?) to Iraq war. Well it's comparable if we think the first gulf war when Iraq invades Kuwait. Here we had a dictator by these times and lot of ppl die (30k are missing=killed during military "goverment").

Also i want to said to "American and British people", don't bought all CNN an BCC saids, the war isn't because Saddam it's a dictator and a bad person, that's true (so true), but can you think that with your TAXES are going to pay 80.000 millon dolars? just for a dictator? also Kuwait has a dictator and it's on coalition side.

Someone said that UN said to Argentina get out the Malvinas i we didn't. UN said that the war on Iraq isn't necesary, and colition does they want, they screw up UN.

Think about it and search for info outside your frontier.

This topics is about Malvinas BETA and i'm get a bit farder. My BIG apologize to the moderetors.

Hey! I am Duth too! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Seriously, though, I think they did a superb job with the mod so far, although...

-I was expecting a canadian truck to be a Bombardier (Sigma)

-The shovels on the Brits packs to be in covers, not held on with scotch tape.

-Crew

The base model of the paras is from Bimbi's team. That should be in the readme and it's not. My apologize to them for this (my) mistake and a big thank for let us use it as base model.

crewcutkid:

you where expecting a bombardier instead of a truck?

what crew?

I think he doesnt know the meaning of total conversion.....

-Bombardier is a Canadian company that makes vehicles such as the trucks in the Canadian army.

-The driver of the truck in your mod is an american(crew)

Well I guess he's west so that's ok. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Mar. 28 2003,21:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-Bombardier is a Canadian company that makes vehicles such as the trucks in the Canadian army.

-The driver of the truck in your mod is an american(crew)

Well I guess he's west so that's ok.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I would suggest to the Malvinas team, then, that maybe you should create a 25th Mech soldier with only a pistol as his weapon to crew these soft-skinned vehicles. But you've probably already thought of that. smile.gif