Gu3rilla9one

ARMA REFORGER POLL FOR MODERN ERA CONTENT

modern combat content adding  

21 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see a small modern era combat DLC content added to arma reforger to buy ? ( 1map,3 faction versions,weapons,equipment etc..) or at least allow mods to come back?

• YES PLEASE ADD A SMALL MODERN ERA CONTENT DLC
    • NO MODERN ERA PLAYERS DONT BELONG ON REFORGER!
    • PLEASE BRING MODS BACK
    • NO BUT RETURNING MODS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

I will not buy any DLC for reforger, no matter what. Heck, as this point, I don't even know if I'll be buying Arma 4. 

• Like 2

I am not sure why content is that much needed but in the spirit of the post, why not add content per nation of the era?  Uk, Yugo, Germany, France, Argentina etc...
That way we dont need to wait for R&D for new systems that are not yet in enfusion. 

• Like 1

Well actually an easier solution is creating made up sub factions for main factions EX:

North american( north american Joint task force)

Europe(European combat task force)

Soviet areas ( New soviet combined military forces)

Middle east (Middle eastern alliance military forces)

Africa ( Progressive party of African militant forces)

Asia( Liberation forces of Asia )

"North Asia"( Militia forces of North Asia) - ( Guardian Forces of North Asia)>(presidential private security)

also North Asia is obviously in reference to North korea but in an armaverse sense 

Ultimate Revolutionized Resistance Militia ( a Guerrilla resistance faction) overall to be shared amongst the factions to be used however we choose to set them as 

Factions like these could really make for great scenario creations etc... i really wish bohemia would be kind enough to consider that but also having options between cold war era and modern era would greatly be appreciated especially on console 

On 11/22/2023 at 12:55 PM, razor6014 said:

I am not sure why content is that much needed but in the spirit of the post, why not add content per nation of the era?  Uk, Yugo, Germany, France, Argentina etc...
That way we dont need to wait for R&D for new systems that are not yet in enfusion. 

On 11/18/2023 at 11:45 AM, stburr91 said:

I will not buy any DLC for reforger, no matter what. Heck, as this point, I don't even know if I'll be buying Arma 4. 

Im starting to feel this way also actually 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 5:55 PM, razor6014 said:

Hmm, I dunno about whole DLC idea either but YU as independent faction could actually be pretty interesting in an East vs West Cold War Gone Hot(er) game. Obviously not because I would be biased or anything (that was a silly little joke) but because of political associations or lack of for time period and consequently diverse equipment that was used. A mix or Eastern, mostly Russian and Czech, and Western being chiefly French and some American, predominantly produced domestically, both licensed and original designs, from AKs to MBTs and even some serious stuff...

Could also be flexible asset lore wise if that becomes a thing.

• Like 1

Just get rid of the Xbox players and this game might be worth playing. Once the useless developers fix the networking in a few years.

Its the Holidays, wish you all the best even to the community grinches 😂.

🎄🎅🎅🎄🎄🎄🎄🌲🎄🎄🎅🎅🎄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't want more assets for this game from BI. Instead, what I would like is a stable game with core features that work and don't feel clunky as heck. I'd happily trade in a whole range of features and details for an overall better experience. And judging by Arma 3, almost no one uses vanilla assets anyway.

Instead of creating assets that almost no one uses, they should focus on getting this game up to a level where it can reasonably call itself last-gen. It already looks and feels outdated, is worse than Arma 3 in many respects, not to even mention how people will look at it by the time Arma 4 is finally released.

If BI wants to keep getting my money (been playing and paying since OFP), they'll have to turn this thing around like No Man's Sky. And in the case of Reforger, I already paid €30 (at least 3x too much, imo) for something which can barely even be called a game, let alone a proper successor to A3, and I expect that I'll have to pull out my wallet again when A4 is finally released one day.

For me to buy Reforger DLCs or Arma 4, the game has to be much, much better than what it is in its current state (and I honestly doubt with their studio size they'll be able to compete with other last-gen engines). If Arma 4 has only few improvements compared to Reforger in its current state, and they expect me to pay up €30 or more again, I'm probably going to skip it, as much as I love the rest of the series.

Apologies for my skepticism, I hate to complain and maybe it's just me, but I feel like this isn't being said enough. Please do correct me where I'm wrong. I do hope they'll be able to turn this ship around and will somehow be able to transform Reforger into something that will give me as much joy as the previous titles have.

Anyway, to sum it up, I sure hope they'll focus on eventually creating something that's worthy of the name Arma 4, and a proper successor to Arma 3 that feels last-gen, instead of focusing their (scarce) resources on pushing more assets. As long as the game isn't good enough yet, almost no one is going to buy it anyway (see Steam Charts on how few people play it), let alone any DLCs for it.

You are in a way correct. It is not a game , its a testbed.

If we go by the launch day player numbers and multiply by price its around 

210,000 that they took in.

If we assume 45k yer per developer that is 4.6 developers for one year to be square.

I am also looking at the first thing they did, they swapped out the whole networking part and started from scratch.

The more I look at it the more I think that money is to solve some problems pragmaticly by asking the community to pay for server time than a full blown product. 

Now here is more of an insight from me that did back Star Citizen. Development costs. And from an engineering standpoint I like what both of these game studios are making.

You can mention the polish but no mans sky raked in millions and they did very very aggressive marketing and if you remember the first 2 years they took it in the teeth .

Arma is a game like no other and while i can understand that you may not want to invest in a half product please note that you are not the only type of customer.

There is this guy from blizzard that basically said that a unicorn horse in wow made blizzard more money than the whole wings of liberty.

Now You may find it silly as do I, but the market is the market.

On 12/5/2023 at 2:15 AM, jakeplissken said:

Just get rid of the Xbox players and this game might be worth playing. Once the useless developers fix the networking in a few years.

I am all for separate servers for consoles, but this, alas, will never happen, because the developers will simply lose money on this, since the console market brings in much more profit than PC and mobile gaming (for now)

is this a joke ? after almost 2 years we still have no joystick support and you guys are talking about some DLC that is already , actually, existing in the WS !!!

get us a working game then we will see about this technological cannibalism lookalike !!!

Reforger game name calls reforger exercise in 80s we need tanks!
1920px-M60A3_of_3rd_Battalion,_32nd_Armo

• Like 2

The content from ArmA3's Global Mobilization would fit perfectly

After 23 years of experiencing what it's been like with a developer who relies, IMO, too heavily upon 3rd party mods... yes, at this point I'd like to see BIS stepping up by providing MOST of their in-game content so we get more professionally designed results for Arma4 content.

It's been too much of a load upon the freeware modders and BIS has really dropped the ball in this area for far too many years.

This franchise needs MUCH more professionally developed missions and other addons, directly from BIS themselves, and I would welcome this sort of content whether it be DLC or whatever.

Of course, this assumes that the quality of paid DLC from BIS would be worthy of the added costs.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 10:02 AM, bigshot said:

After 23 years of experiencing what it's been like with a developer who relies, IMO, too heavily upon 3rd party mods... yes, at this point I'd like to see BIS stepping up by providing MOST of their in-game content so we get more professionally designed results for Arma4 content.

It's been too much of a load upon the freeware modders and BIS has really dropped the ball in this area for far too many years.

This franchise needs MUCH more professionally developed missions and other addons, directly from BIS themselves, and I would welcome this sort of content whether it be DLC or whatever.

Of course, this assumes that the quality of paid DLC from BIS would be worthy of the added costs.

First, BIS is a completely separate company, and no longer has any association with BI (BI makes the Arma series).  

With that out of the way, I agree with you, it would be nice to see Arma 4 be a full content, full feature game, however, I highly doubt that will be the case. BI has already said that they will be reusing all the content from reforger in A4. so it seems we will be stuck with a bunch of reused content for A4. Also, with how many difficulties BI have had developing reforger, I don't expect Arma 4 to have the same amount of content, or features as Arma 3. Maybe someday the Arma series will get fleshed out to be as content, and feature rich has Arma 3, but we are many years away from that day. 

12 hours ago, stburr91 said:

First, BIS is a completely separate company, and no longer has any association with BI (BI makes the Arma series).  

With that out of the way, I agree with you, it would be nice to see Arma 4 be a full content, full feature game, however, I highly doubt that will be the case. BI has already said that they will be reusing all the content from reforger in A4. so seems we will be stuck with a bunch of reused content for A4. Also, with how many difficulties BI have had developing reforger, I don't expect Arma 4 to have the same amount of content, or features as Arma 3. Maybe someday the Arma series will get fleshed out to be as content, and feature rich has Arma 3, but we are many years away from that day. 

Heh, I think you're more optimistic than I am. What I mean is that I don't think this franchise will ever get a fair amount of content which will be of high quality.

It will continue to live or die mostly based upon it's players ability to provide the entertainment to themselves.

This game is no longer as much a game as it is a set of tools for players with enormous amounts of time and skill on their hands willing to make their own missions and addons or learn how to.

It was much this way with Arma 3, IMO, where much of the officially released content was of low quality and 13 years later we're looking at Reforger which is more a tech demo than anything else, since it has less features included than ever before... 

I just don't see anything changing for the better, anytime soon.

As usual there will be a minority of players who will stay and continue to play and learn to make their own content, but the majority will buy the game and only play it once or thrice before uninstalling it. This cycle is nothing new to OFP/Arma but it just feels like it's getting worse the last few years.

Too sad.

• Like 1

i'm happy, if BI stayed on cold war era, but if from day 1 Arma 4 doesn't have all content and a good OPFOR faction i will not wait years to have a decent game or hope for the willing of modders. I'm too old for this

4 hours ago, bigshot said:

BI has already said that they will be reusing all the content from reforger in A4.

I don't really keep up, can you elaborate on that?

6 hours ago, Janez said:

I don't really keep up, can you elaborate on that?

I did not say that, @stburr91 said it. But of course I don't doubt it for one second. I'm sure it's the truth.

3 hours ago, bigshot said:

I did not say that, @stburr91 said it. But of course I don't doubt it for one second. I'm sure it's the truth.

Oh right, apologies. No idea how that happened, must have misclicked somehow. And yeah, sure but some context would be nice.

@stburr91, you're up I suppose. 🙂 Can you link to that/those statements?

9 hours ago, Janez said:

Oh right, apologies. No idea how that happened, must have misclicked somehow. And yeah, sure but some context would be nice.

@stburr91, you're up I suppose. 🙂 Can you link to that/those statements?

Here you go. 

However, many of the environmental systems, assets, historical context, and modding tools and features from Arma Reforger will be redeployed for the next Arma installment...

https://reforger.armaplatform.com/faq

• Thanks 1