@johnnyboy

Are you able to share (and use) the bolt cutter and cement berm changes for use outside of SOG AI?  Both of those issues have caused me to have to change personal SP missions up so the AI would stay with me.  For immersion, it would be great to be able to not have that limitation, especially now that we have bolt cutters with GM.

@gatordev - Removing berms doesn't change the map look much, so doesn't bother me personally.  For immersion, I was going to force animate AI to  crawl through fence hole, but decided I didn't have time for that coding.  It also could potentially be hinky if happened during a firefight, or you want AI to crawl back thru same hole, etc.  It's too bad GM devs didn't make the fence-with-hole object like other ARMA fences where AI knows how to crawl under them.

Here's the code I use for berm removal:

Spoiler

// **********************************************************************
// In Weferlingen maps, hide these terrain objects: gm_wall_vehicleditch_700.p3d (because AI can't navigate them)
// **********************************************************************
if (worldName in ["gm_weferlingen_summer","gm_weferlingen_winter"]) then
{
	[] spawn
	{
		while {alive player} do
		{
			private _walls = nearestTerrainObjects [player, [], 500] select {str _x find "wall_vehicleditch" >= 0 and !isObjectHidden _x};
			{ 
				_x hideObjectGlobal true; 
			} foreach _walls;
			if (vehicle player isEqualTo player) then
			{
				sleep 60;
			} else
			{
				sleep 30;
			};
		};
	};
};

And here's the code for bolt cutters removing a fence section:

Spoiler

while {true} do
{
	sleep 2;
	if (animationState player find "boltcutter" >= 0) then 
	{
		private _fence = (nearestTerrainObjects [player, [], 4] select {str _x find "fence_border" >= 0}) #0;
		waitUntil {(animationState player find "boltcutter" == -1)};
		hideObjectGlobal _fence;
	};
};

Edit:  I just chatted with MondKalb a dev on GM DLC, and he has a better solution for bolt cutter removing fence section.  Do this instead of loop above:

[missionNamespace, "gm_boltCutterUsed", {deleteVehicle (_this select 0)}] call BIS_fnc_addScriptedEventHandler;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much.  Some dumb questions from someone who knows how to execute but not implement (if you will)...

Would you recommend making the berm removal a .sqf and call it when in a trigger zone (or however one might want to call it rather than at the beginning of a mission)?  Or just run it in an init on the mission load?

For the bolt cutter, can I run that at the mission init, since it seems to be an event handler?  Would that be the most efficient way to have it as an option?

Sorry for the basic questions, but thank you so much for additions.  I have a self-made SOG/SOF WWIII campaign which has two missions where you need to slip across the DMZ, so it's a perfect fix.

You can run them both from the init.sqf.

In the scriptedEventHandler he used deleteVehicle, which I'm not sure works on a terrain object. So try it, and if it does not work (i.e., the berm is still there), then use hideObjectGlobal instead.

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 11:53 AM, johnnyboy said:

Reveal hidden contents

And here's the code for bolt cutters removing a fence section:

Hide contents

while {true} do
{
	sleep 2;
	if (animationState player find "boltcutter" >= 0) then 
	{
		private _fence = (nearestTerrainObjects [player, [], 4] select {str _x find "fence_border" >= 0}) #0;
		waitUntil {(animationState player find "boltcutter" == -1)};
		hideObjectGlobal _fence;
	};
};

Edit:  I just chatted with MondKalb a dev on GM DLC, and he has a better solution for bolt cutter removing fence section.  Do this instead of loop above:

[missionNamespace, "gm_boltCutterUsed", {deleteVehicle (_this select 0)}] call BIS_fnc_addScriptedEventHandler;

So I tried Mondkalb's code  for the bolt cutter and it didn't do anything different.  I just got the hole in the bottom of the fence.  Your loop code worked, however.  I'd love to use an event handler instead of a loop, but  for now, your solution is what's working for me.

I did check all of the syntax, as I know copying from the forums to Notepad++ can cause issues, but I don't think that's the case here.

Savage Game Design published their Prairie Fire 1.3 update yesterday with tons of new content.  I've updated the SOG AI mod as follows:

Version 1.21
===========================================
- Added new groups to spawn group selector (US Marines, Force Recon Marines, Cambodian FANK, TQLC marines, etc.) to support PF 1.3 release.
- For GM Force Recon missions, intel camera is automatically assigned to player.
- Fixed helicopter bug that occurred if player starts mission in a vehicle by waiting until player exits vehicle to initialize this mod.
- Fixed issue where aggressive grenade throwing not occurring during Leapfrog when player team is not side West.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

SOG AI updated this morning!

Version 1.22
=========================================
- Version 1.3 of Prairie Fire added 8 great new suppressed weapons.  I've added them to list of weapons that won't change Stealth mode when fired.  Thanks to Poo Man for catching this.
- SOGPF Campaign Mission Spindown is now supported.  AI team is inserted below hill top base, so they can navigate down hill properly.
- Added support for Mike Force.  When entire Player AI team is down, player dies and can respawn.  When respawning, player can spawn a new SOG AI team.  Plus some JBOY fun added to Mike Force.  Thanks to McBeekman for much MF related input and some testing.
- Added code to prevent onscreen error if Unsung jet dropping napalm.  Thanks to Kenshiro for reporting this.

• Like 7

SOG AI was just updated! 😁

Version 1.32
==============================
- Added support for Antistasi missions.  Your recruited AI can now be commanded by SOG AI.
- AI in huts will now react if the hut is burning.  They will be forced out (either on fire or ready to fight).  Now there is a tactical reason to burn those hootches!
- Player friendly fire now affects AI teammates
- The excellent mission Deathwish by kfclover is now playable with SOG AI. 
- New "Teleport Far AI to Player" action added.  If any of your AI squad mates are 75 meters or more away, you can teleport them to your position.  This helps with stuck AI, and for bringing your team to your locaation after using Fast Travel.  (Suggested by Hazbo)
- Added cba option to respect mission designated radio support restrictions that require player to have a radio backpack or be an RTO.  (Requested by sevy8821 on yt)
Videos:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You know ive always wanted to get into that Antistasi mission as it seems like one of the better sandbox full Island type build missions -now with 89% more JohnnyBoy AI - ive got the perfect excuse to give it a go

• Like 1

Hi Johnny, congratulations on the latest update.

The mod keeps getting better and better. But - and that's whining at a high level - unfortunately not well usable for classic coop missions and MilSim-oriented gameplay.
Your mod is no longer just about playing with AI, you have installed so many fantastic immersion donors that it is a pity that they are going under.

I'm currently starting a new campaign to prepare for our boys in the fall and when I take a closer look I see such great things as the market, MACE, rustling grass, Punji traps with blood effects, jumping fish, fishing with grenades, floating objects in water, throwing knives and and and... And I'm thinking about trying to make individual scripts usable for coop, like I did with Napalm back then.

I know you said in SOG DC and below some videos that your time is very short but it would be a "shame" if all those perfect scripts escaped the many mission builders. I know it's a lot of work to prepare and I'm not sure how best to go about it. Either in a small collection or maybe in a demo mission with all scripts or maybe even within the mod SOG AI with CBA setting that pulls out the classic AI control part.

But if only a little boost of motivation is needed to make you think about doing something in the direction of "script collection" in the future, then I don't want to leave this untried. 😅

Either way again: Fantastic work and best for going on.

3 hours ago, SirBassi said:

But if only a little boost of motivation is needed to make you think about doing something in the direction of "script collection" in the future, then I don't want to leave this untried. 😅

Hi SirBassi.  Thanks much for the feedback.  I would love for all my fun scripts to be MP compatible as mods, but its unlikely I'll do it.  The extra work and testing required for MP is too much trouble for me.

I do think some of the individual scripts may already be 90% MP ready.   I know you have some MP scripting skills as you adapted the napalm script nicely.  So if there is any of these features you want to grab the code and make an MP mod out of, you have my permission.  Name the feature and I can help isolate the existing scripts in my crazy mountain of SOG AI code for you.

Regarding the Market, I love it, and think it would be super useful, and should be a mod.  The scripts are definitely useable now for putting into a SP mission, but nobody has bothered to use it, which is a shame.

• Like 1

Well, well, well ...

johnnyboy keeps delivering awesomeness. Who woulda thunk it? Crazy thoughts, right? 😜

I was very happy with SOG AI as it started. I am personally VERY happy with SOG AI as it stands 🙂

I'm sure I'm not the first to wonder if we might see SOG AI for the Spearhead 1944 CDLC??? (I know it means a 5hitload of work for you jb)

That would bring that rather interesting CDLC into SP wonderland.

In any case, thank you for your continuing, and increasingly mind-blowing, additions to the SP game!!!

Ultimate respect to you, good sir! You are keeping this game alive for so many of us.

Cheers,

maqim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, maqim said:

I'm sure I'm not the first to wonder if we might see SOG AI for the Spearhead 1944 CDLC??? (I know it means a 5hitload of work for you jb)

That would bring that rather interesting CDLC into SP wonderland.

Your wish is my command sir!

SOG AI Mod just updated to support Spearhead 1944!!! Hoo-ah!

Works for Campaign, Escape, and Combat Patrol. In campaign, it's best to choose leader of an infantry squad (Support, Tank Hunter, or Recon), because the other squads drive tanks and half-tracks, and SOG AI does not help with vehicles.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

JB's killing it with the updates.:rthumb:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Your wish is my command sir!

SOG AI Mod just updated to support Spearhead 1944!!! Hoo-ah!

Works for Campaign, Escape, and Combat Patrol. In campaign, it's best to choose leader of an infantry squad (Support, Tank Hunter, or Recon), because the other squads drive tanks and half-tracks, and SOG AI does not help with vehicles.

Holy frijoles, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤯🤯🤯

😎😎😎

😄😃😄

🤩🤩🤩

Dang, but you're good!

As ever, thank you for what you do, sir👍😎👍

P.S. Next stop - youtube 🤓

Edited by maqim
Add P.S.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

SOG AI just updated:
- Craters in Spearhead Normandy map now supported.
- More craters (the depression craters) now supported in Prairie Fire maps.
- Mostly fixed issue where fuel barrels would spontaneously explode in Normandy.

• Like 2

Hi johnnyboy,

Been enjoying SP missions again since I found your mod, it's a must have.

If you're fan of the good old Hunter Six mission, please consider adding support for it just like how you did it with the Apex campaign. Also, would you consider having option to turn off the medical stuff so we can mix and match with other medical mods?

Thanks again for the great work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TuffShitSki said:

If you're fan of the good old Hunter Six mission, please consider adding support for it just like how you did it with the Apex campaign. Also, would you consider having option to turn off the medical stuff so we can mix and match with other medical mods?

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying the mod.  I'll try and incorporate Hunter Six in next release (good suggestion!).  Regarding disabling my medical, that's more work as the code wasn't originally constructed with that in mind.  I have heard this request a few times though, so may eventually take it on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You probably started with SOG missions in mind. But your mod has grown so much and it's indispensable for controlling AI now IMO.

Didn't realise there's a sequel to Hunter Six by the same mission marker! If you have time please add that as well 🙂 Maybe add an menu entry to let players initialise SOG AI manually then spawn group only if needed? So all the missions that add AI in later stage will work?

• Like 1

SOG AI just updated:
- SOG AI now supports these excellent missions by Lato: Hunter Six and the sequel Hunter Six 2 (TuffShitSki)
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028818638/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

6 hours ago, TuffShitSki said:

Didn't realise there's a sequel to Hunter Six by the same mission marker! If you have time please add that as well 🙂 Maybe add an menu entry to let players initialise SOG AI manually then spawn group only if needed? So all the missions that add AI in later stage will work?

It was easy to add the Hunter Six missions to the "AI squad joins later" list, so here you go.  Your suggestion regarding a menu option for not spawning AI and allowing AI to join later is a good one, but more work, so will do that later some time.  Thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow didn't expect the quick update, thanks for the time! Will test it out over the weekend and report back if there are any issues.

• Like 1

Been playing Hunter Six over the weekend for few hours with no issues. Watching the AIs bounding under fire is amazing. Wasn't able to do any of that few years back when AIs always stuck in combat mode and got picked off.

- Switch team worked

- Load from save games worked

Didn't really play part 2 but did load it up and tested SOG AI and it seemed to work fine as well.

• Thanks 1

The SOG AI mod was just updated to support burning of the Spearhead Thatched roof Huts. AI in burning buildings will exit in panic (and may be on fire), so there is a tactical reason to burn these huts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks,

Can't play ArmA without SOG_AI anymore - thanks Johnny...

Just posting my Voice Attack profile that has been updated for SOG_AI. I no longer use the wheel menu. If new to VA - you can just copy the commands listed here into any of your own profiles - saving yourself a little time. I included my full profile just for reference and/or inspiration. To use VA you don't even need to use voice - if preferred - you can assign commands to any joystick button and/or keyboard shortcut. I'm not affiliated with VA other than being a very happy customer.

Voice Attack Profile:

https://mega.nz/file/dlpBHBIb#JzU0lE7OkwHW7RX0SJQQCNGQrPgWD9-vrb178_ahk0M

Capture.jpg

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2