That sounds awesome.  You truly are maximizing your SP experience with these combos.

Regarding broaching a hill, I'm mulling about a command to have team broach hill in line formation (or closer to one another in line formation) where they will stop just side of the hill. This requires me to some how sense terrain hill crests (gradient changes) near player, so potential command can be activate when player looks at that hill crest.  Since the hill crest may not be a straight line, each unit may have to move a bit forward or back to be in correct pre-crest position.

How useful does that sound to you?  I don't want to burn too much time on this idea unless I thinks its real useful.

Seems like it would be good for preparing an ambush, and also good for your squad prior to your "Scout With Me" scenario.

Hi JB,

I'm not sure how often I would use something like that - honestly - if I am attacking over a hill - I am probably using your awesome bounding attack. I could be missing the real benefit you intend with such a command. Just my 2 cents - please take it for what it's worth.

One thing I only recently noticed is your stance command is not definitive - meaning you need two clicks to go prone - one more to go copy my stance. One click to stand and another to copy my stance - and they just loop around. I know the wheel is an extremely limiting factor but it's also probably how most people enjoy your Mod. If there was a way to hit Prone - Knee - Stand - Copy My Stance - with single definitive key press - it would be better. Keeping track of what you're setting and how many times you press the wheel gets confusing. It would also be beneficial if you could assign stances by Squad, Team, or Unit. I did try using vanilla stance commands and they don't work well with SOG_AI - much like the move command you mentioned.

Again - just throwing my thoughts at the wall - please treat them as humble suggestions for which they are intended.

I hate making work for other people.

😉

Regards,
Scott

Great feedback.  The stance issue was limited options on command wheel.  This could be addressed by adding more options to T numeric menu though.  The stance wheel commands could also be changed to work on selected units, so that's a good idea.

• Like 2

SOG AI just updated:
- Added Move Parallel To object command. 
- Now supports DUWS missions. (Requested by Space Hulk Hogan) 
- Now supports Insurgency Vietnam missions. (Requested by Centurion)  
- AI may place Claymores, Tripmines, and other proximity mines when breaking contact (instead of just breaching charge)

@scottb613 I just realized I need to add a separate Move to Object command on the Numeric menu so the new feature is accessible to Voice Attack.  Should get it done in the next day or so.

• Like 4

Hi JB,

Thanks for the consideration…

I’m away in the the remote woods of “DownEast” Maine at the moment - I’ll check later in the week when I return home.

Looking forward to testing the new goodies.

Regards,

Scott

SOG AI updated today:
- Added the new "Move To Object" command to numeric menu to support Voice Attack key mapping.
- Wounded AI and his assigned medic will now remember last move command and move there after healing completed.  Previously, they were stopped and player had to order them to move again. (Reduces micro-management of AI).
- Fixed case where team was in stealth mode, but started talking loud after crossing a river.

@scottb613 New "Move To Object command" is now option M on the numeric menu.  Note that when using this option on the numeric menu with Voice Attack you will not see the arrows indicating positions the AI units will move to.  Without that visual confirmation, you may send them perpendicular to the object instead of parallel. This usually happens if you are looking at very end of object.  With a little practice that occurring should be reduced (look 1/2 meter in from end of log, wall, etc.).  Also, your screen center/cursor may not be on a valid move object.  If that is the case you will get an audio cue where player says "Move There" but the AI says "Negative" or "No can do", plus a system chat message saying move to object not found.

• Like 3

Hi JB,

I'm back with my PC - I'll give this a shot and update my profile.

I did notice the medic needing orders previously.

Thanks for the hard work...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Nice work JB.

SOG_AI just keeps on getting better and better.

Updated the VA profile for SOG_AI in my sig with the new features and other functions.

Capture.jpg

Regards,
Scott

• Like 2

Didn't have much time to play lately but saw your release video on YT. Couldn't help to drop by and congrats on the release and show support to your effort and wonderful mod. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SOG AI milestone:  Just cracked 10K subscribers!  Woohoo!  😁

SOG-AI-10k.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

SOG AI just updated:
- Improved AI responsiveness to Move and Leapfrog commands.
- Fixed bug where AI unit was occasionally deleted after healing another AI unit. (Oops!)
- Now compatible with Toksa's RNG AI mod.
- Minor performance tweaks.

This update includes crazy change where your AI units join grpNull during moves, and rejoin player after they arrive at destination.  To prevent units from disappearing from player squad bar while moving, dummy units with same names and equipment have been created that temporarily join player while real units are moving.  This activity of leaving group and rejoining may cause other issues, so I may end up rolling this change back.

• Like 5

Having an issue with Western Sahara Extraction SP.  Previously played this with no issue, but started a new game and SOG AI is not working.  SOG AI works fine to start:  spawn group which gets added to the default starting squad and SOG AI initializes.  Can dismiss or add squad members and run SOG AI commands as usual.  SOG AI seems to stop working if I use the Squad Regroup feature at the camp fire or when progressing from one mission to the next the game advances the time.  The squad responds to very few commands - some just the visual hand signals, but no actual action or movement.  I have confirmed this with no other mods running.  Great mod and I'm hoping can still work with Extraction.

Edit - looking at some of the Steam posts - seems similar to issues users noted with DRO.  I've been having no issues when playing Forgotten Few 2.  FYI, SOG AI seems to work fine on FF2 US/CH.

17 hours ago, Minder75 said:

Having an issue with Western Sahara Extraction SP.  Previously played this with no issue, but started a new game and SOG AI is not working.  SOG AI works fine to start:  spawn group which gets added to the default starting squad and SOG AI initializes.  Can dismiss or add squad members and run SOG AI commands as usual.  SOG AI seems to stop working if I use the Squad Regroup feature at the camp fire or when progressing from one mission to the next the game advances the time.  The squad responds to very few commands - some just the visual hand signals, but no actual action or movement.  I have confirmed this with no other mods running.  Great mod and I'm hoping can still work with Extraction.

Thanks for the report.   Sometimes if units not responding to wheel commands, if you do a vanilla regroup command (tilde 1 1) it might clear it up.  

By Squad Regroup feature, are your referring to my "Teleport Team to Player" Action, or is that an Extraction feature?  If it's an Extraction feature, can you just not use it and progress to next mission fine without it?  You can always use my Teleport action if team scattered, plus team always teleports with you if choose to Halo to next mission.

Are you playing Extraction in SP or MP on a LAN?

I know I tested it in Extraction, but only played first assigned task.   There's not enough time in the day to test every vanilla, DLC, campaign and popular workshop mission after each release, so I just test all the most popular ones for about 10 minutes each .  I'll investigate this when I get a chance.

6 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Thanks for the report.   Sometimes if units not responding to wheel commands, if you do a vanilla regroup command (tilde 1 1) it might clear it up.  

By Squad Regroup feature, are your referring to my "Teleport Team to Player" Action, or is that an Extraction feature?  If it's an Extraction feature, can you just not use it and progress to next mission fine without it?  You can always use my Teleport action if team scattered, plus team always teleports with you if choose to Halo to next mission.

Are you playing Extraction in SP or MP on a LAN?

I know I tested it in Extraction, but only played first assigned task.   There's not enough time in the day to test every vanilla, DLC, campaign and popular workshop mission after each release, so I just test all the most popular ones for about 10 minutes each .  I'll investigate this when I get a chance.

SP version of mission.  The usual vanilla regroup command doesn't seem to fix.  The squad members seem to be leaving the squad - the white hexagon marker for each unit will disappear after certain command.

The Squad Regroup is an Extraction specific feature - I don't think it's a specific AI command, but I think just a way of advancing the time in the mission (sit at the campfire, game time advances an hour or so).  But I've tested both ways and it seems that if you use the manual feature to advance time or the mission structure advances the time, it seems to introduce a hiccup in SOG AI.    

I've played SP Extraction extensively several months ago and it worked great.  Appreciate the response and anything you can do.  Going back to your change log notes on Nov 1 it seems like it may be related AI units leaving the group and rejoining.  Maybe something in the Extraction code that breaks the mod when it advances game time.     

Hi JB,

Been testing out SOG_AI over the last weekend.

Just one observation - I know it's based on how you changed the movement - I usually use the team markers and it was a bit of a surprise when your teammates vanish during movement. When operating with NVG's it can scare the bejesus out of you when your teammate approaches - unmarked - in the dark. Too funny.

The use of grenades in the towns on Tanoa becomes a bit of an issue - we seem to kill more friendlies with nades than enemy. I'm not sure if there's any way to improve this - as the nade use in the field is pretty helpful.

Thanks for your efforts.

Regards,

Scott

2 hours ago, Minder75 said:

I've played SP Extraction extensively several months ago and it worked great.  Appreciate the response and anything you can do.  Going back to your change log notes on Nov 1 it seems like it may be related AI units leaving the group and rejoining.  Maybe something in the Extraction code that breaks the mod when it advances game time.     

Thanks for the details.  You're probably right that the Extraction mission advancement breaks the new version of the mod.  There's probably a fix, I just have to find the time to study it.  

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Just one observation - I know it's based on how you changed the movement - I usually use the team markers and it was a bit of a surprise when your teammates vanish during movement. When operating with NVG's it can scare the bejesus out of you when your teammate approaches - unmarked - in the dark. Too funny.

The use of grenades in the towns on Tanoa becomes a bit of an issue - we seem to kill more friendlies with nades than enemy. I'm not sure if there's any way to improve this - as the nade use in the field is pretty helpful.

Thanks for the feedback.  I will likely create my own team markers feature that can be enabled via a CBA option for the first issue.  Not sure what to do about grenades.  Maybe I can sense building proximity and act accordingly.  Like you said, I like it in open terrain or jungle.  I'll put both these on my ever growing list.  Lucky for sog ai we're heading into winter (more indoor time).

• Like 2

Hey. I've been trying out a few mods to make AI squads easier to command, and this one currently stands out. I also wanted to retry the campaigns with this, but I've run into an issue. I notice that SOG AI disables itself for some missions where you're not commanding AI. However, as I've also experimented in the Editor, SOG AI enables itself even if you're not a team leader. This creates a conflict in missions where you're part of a team that performs scripted actions.

For example, The East Wind's "Common Enemy" is the earliest example of a mission in which you're not commanding a unit but SOG AI is still enabled. As a result, the AI stops performing its scripted actions and breaks the triggers that progress the mission. Supply Network is the first mission where you command a unit, but that happens later as in the beginning you're part of a different unit. Again, SOG AI breaks the scripted behavior, thinking you're the team leader. Could this be fixed? For now, it means I can't use SOG AI during these kinds of missions.

5 hours ago, NickEast said:

For example, The East Wind's "Common Enemy" is the earliest example of a mission in which you're not commanding a unit but SOG AI is still enabled. As a result, the AI stops performing its scripted actions and breaks the triggers that progress the mission. Supply Network is the first mission where you command a unit, but that happens later as in the beginning you're part of a different unit. Again, SOG AI breaks the scripted behavior, thinking you're the team leader. Could this be fixed? For now, it means I can't use SOG AI during these kinds of missions.

Hi Nick, thanks for reporting this.   I can make a change to SOG AI so that if at mission start player is in a group with an AI leader, then SOG AI exits and never initializes.

Until then, will the mission be playable if you use the Disable SOG AI action in the Action menu?

Not sure when I can get to fixing this, as I'm traveling for the holidays and have less ARMA dev time available in the near term.

It seems by the time I can disable SOG AI it has been initialized and broken the initial scripted behavior on mission start, so the AI just stands there. In some cases I noticed that the player character is now marked "team leader".

No worries about the timeline though. I'm in no hurry to finish the campaigns, or can find a temporary alternative. I might take a look at the scripts myself as I wanted to study scripting more anyway.

• Like 1

This mod looks amazing - I have watched as many clips posted on YouTube as I could find and have been very impressed with all areas of the work!

My question is:  Is there a way to access the traps etc as they look fantastic.  I don'y really play SP but our small community that play MP would love to include these traps randomly placed with the AO if possible.  Am I missing a simple piece of documentation regarding these traps and their usage?

Thanx

REAPER

On 11/27/2023 at 10:28 AM, reaper lok said:

Am I missing a simple piece of documentation regarding these traps and their usage?

Hey dude!  See these links for code to have just punji traps and punji mace trap.  These traps are also built into the SOG AI mod, which is not MP compliant.  Note the scripts below may need some work to make them MP compatible.

• Like 1

i have this message in editor to try the mod, no other mods just vanilla game. the rose menu doesn't work

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette