US Embassy Building and compound - WIP

The guy that is doing the GIJOE clone mod has a WHALE hovercraft that moves over land and water. He has coded it as a tank.

Just FYI

That way it could be a truly amphibious vehicle

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Katie Byrne said:

about 10 hours in so far - also it's not a fast patrol boat - its a new LCAC 😄

52 minutes ago, Katie Byrne said:

about 10 hours in so far - also it's not a fast patrol boat - its a new LCAC 😄

Really nice. You could easily get paid for this quality work outside of the Arma bubble, Katie 🙂

Wow! You are incredibly talented. This building is GORGEOUS, and I am sure you will achieve your goal of helping the community make more interesting missions and scenarios, and of course to tell more stories through such! It looks very good and the quality is astonishing. Reminds me a lot of PAYDAY 2's "Hoxton Breakout, Day 2" or "Breakin' Feds" map, inside the FBI area/building/offices. Very neat!!! Awesome work, thanks for taking the time to work on this!

On 5/5/2021 at 8:47 PM, Rhaonoa said:

Wow! You are incredibly talented. This building is GORGEOUS, and I am sure you will achieve your goal of helping the community make more interesting missions and scenarios, and of course to tell more stories through such! It looks very good and the quality is astonishing. Reminds me a lot of PAYDAY 2's "Hoxton Breakout, Day 2" or "Breakin' Feds" map, inside the FBI area/building/offices. Very neat!!! Awesome work, thanks for taking the time to work on this!

Thank you Rhaonoa 🙂 

Things were a little slow this month due to the Elite Dangeorous Odyssey Alpha but I have been getting more done on the surrounding compound

IM29.png

IM25.png

IM27.png

IM28.png

IM24.png

Still a lot of work to do on the outer walls and details like pavement to add to the bare roads 

also, i'm not 100 percent sold on the sandstone brick - might change it out for something more clean and modern looking - what do you guys think?

1 hour ago, Katie Byrne said:

also, i'm not 100 percent sold on the sandstone brick - might change it out for something more clean and modern looking - what do you guys think?

I'd go for different materials using hidden selections tech. It just depends on how did you UV map the whole thing, I guess.

36 minutes ago, NightIntruder said:

I'd go for different materials using hidden selections tech. It just depends on how did you UV map the whole thing, I guess.

Bear in mind hiddenSelections don't work on structures that are placed as part of a terrain - they can only use texture and material applied in the .p3d.

So that function would be limited to objects placed by mission editors only. Not terrain makers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

So that function would be limited to objects placed by mission editors only. Not terrain makers

Indeed, you're right, monk. However, my understanding is the compound's invented to be a standalone object for 3DEN use. For terrain builders, the ability to choose the wall material is useless as they exactly know what kind of environment they're gonna use the compound for (and then what material would fit best). In such an application, the prefered method would be to ask Katie for source material, anyway. But, hey mate, I know so little about terrain making that perhaps there are more cons against the approach I suggested.

On 5/8/2021 at 9:32 AM, Guest said:

Still a lot of work to do on the outer walls and details like pavement to add to the bare roads 

hi there any further updates to this. if its discontinued can i get you please to message me here at Steve McGarrett#9758 on discord as i would be interested in carrying it on many thanks!

On 2/4/2023 at 4:07 PM, WarhammerActual said:

status

It appears that their account here is deleted, so it's not looking good.

On 2/13/2023 at 9:18 AM, Harzach said:

It appears that their account here is deleted, so it's not looking good.

Sad news indeed ....