Sign in to follow this  
lukemax

How many addons are lying on peoples hard drives

You will probably find the some people (myself included) have a number of addons under construction, but because of commitments to mod teams, personal projects take a back seat. I strive to keep a balance between mod commitments and my own projects.

And textures probably take at least 60 to 70 percent of an addons construction time, so quite often the addon will be made, tested in OFP, but uncompleted because of the time it takes to do textures.

when i made a texture it just was so costly a time to apply it!

it was made on 1 computer sent to the other then i didnt work sent back remade ETC...........

Same weapons are lowpoly and some very hipoly. OFP STILL doesn't have any really high quality AK's,..... thats the reasen  smile.gif. But they works fast on my computer,... 933Mhz PIII, GF2MX, 512 MB Ram

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sigma-6 @ Feb. 05 2003,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, there seems to be a bayonet on the AKS-74... why?<span id='postcolor'>

because it has fittings for a bayonet?<span id='postcolor'>

Why put it on? You can't use it...!

@CrunchyFrog,.. Dont want you new animations ? I would to use the bayonet if i put it on the aks !

sry for my english crazy.gif

@Jamesia if you want to have vehicles,... go and make some. If you look on my pictures you will see a bouda its me. And it shows that im not only working on weapons. Put i make weapons for the russian site because i woult to make a mission, but that iss not possible. because the west site have so many weapons silenced sniper etc and the russian ? I produce that what i need for my missions in high quality. if you go in pilot view, the quality of the textures will not reduce. The polycount is the same as the orig modells and same weapons are a bit higher.

Im not slagging you off in any way for concentrating on weapon making, some of the weapos I have downloaded have been completely top quality. I just dont think that they add much to the game. Im quite happy with the M16s and AKs. Im sure everyone has different views on this subject. Getting the fine details of a weapon correct are most probably more difficult than making a vehicle.....

Drew you created that stuff?

Nice looking addons there specialy the KA-60 when release date?

Hey nothing wrong with weapons. Its really all I do.

and yeah I have a few things sitting around on my computer waiting to be finished.

Sten

Saiga12

M96 expeditionary rifle

And at present Im helping someone with their Ar180b and an old Ar18.

Traffic cones! Cheers noundo....that's the sort of stuff I would love to see more of. Parking garages...mmmmmmmm smile.gif

Stuff that really adds to the atmosphere of the game, not just give you a couple more ways of shooting someone, you know what I mean?

<no pic available,complain to my ISP,'cuz I don' wanna hear it>

That said, Billboard anyone? Complete with lights, Ladder and if I figure it out, "your message here"

est completion date <which I plan to miss> mar 2 2003

other projects

Ogre mkVII <fans of the old Steve Jackson game take note>

30% no date

"Brummbar" WWII self propelled gun 60% <some problems there with code, no date>

SU85 40% <went back and started over>

IG33 WWII 150mm Infantry gun 40% no date

Do NOT ask me when,

A) I don't friggin' know

B) I wouldn't tell you anyway

I've given a lot of my work away, mainly 'cuz I have too many projects, not enough free time and I like my wife and kids <yes, I am insane thank you for asking>

lots of ideas I have I'll probably never put out,simply because I've modded stuff for years, and it grieves me when folks get so accustomed to getting mods that they forget we aren't working for them,

I don't want fame or even recognition,I just don'twant to log on and see, "well so-and-so's looks like the real thing" (as if bleedin 'alf o' you sorry lot 'ave ever been in a position to "know") no, it probably doesn't look as good as so-and-so's

But then again, it does look better than yours, mine's not invisible.

Catch y'all later <way later>

Thanks for the kudos Leone.  I've got a Jersey wall almost ready also.  Not reall happy about how it sits on slopes though and can't figure out how to make it "conform" to the slope.

jerseywall.jpg

See how one end kinda floats?  And this isn't even a very steep slope!

@noundo:

Select all vertices of your wall (Ctrl-A) and press Shift-E for "vertex properties". There's a radio-control named "surface", select "keep height". Now select the basement vertices of your wall and set the surface-property to "on surface".

Now all vertices of your wall keep the vertical distance you modelled in O2 and the basement vertices will follow the ground.

@thread:

While experimenting with animations I created a garage with an animated door. There's also a lifting platform for cars, but it only works if the player stays inside the lifted car -otherwise the car ignores the platform. Finally there's a simple battlemech waiting for a proper animation (will be continued in summer perhaps).

Island "Greece3" is on my HDD, too, but work is still in progress. New pictures of it can be found here. biggrin.gif

Np noundo...hope that solves your problem. And Der Bastler...your Greece is looking fantasic...could well end up being one of the few "must have" addon islands biggrin.gif