Sign in to follow this  

Space shuttle columbia lost

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Feb. 01 2003,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wilco @ Feb. 01 2003,19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Feb. 01 2003,19:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Couple of people dead, so what? What is this big grief s..t.<span id='postcolor'>

Alright then, 6 of your family dies, so what....nobody cares about your losses.  That's how you say it.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. People die everyday and i don´t see a reason why this should be any different and special occasion. If you feel extra pain in this case maybe you sould put up dead astronauts foundation or something.<span id='postcolor'>

Stand and watch the memorial at KSC, and then tell me it's no big deal. I stood there and cried.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 01 2003,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Feb. 01 2003,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sheesh, there´s a thread right under this one that says

"40 dead in Zimbabwe train crash" but there isn´t even a second page of posts there. Who cares about Zimbabweans, right? sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The difference is that the astronauts were doing something very important for all man kind. They knew the dangers but did it anyway.

There is a big difference if you die for a good cause or for nothing.<span id='postcolor'>

I totally disagree... Those africans had not much use of the good deeds those astronauts did for mankind.

But I think many people had use of the things the dead train passangers did in their work everyday.

My prayers go out to their families.

PS: I just heard on fox news that the sonic boom lasted for 30 seconds and woke lots of people up....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PHY_Hawkeye @ Feb. 01 2003,19:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Stand and watch the memorial at KSC, and then tell me it's no big deal. I stood there and cried.<span id='postcolor'>

And what is that?

A Memorial to all those wjo lost their lives in the space programme.

Don't get me wrong, and incident where people die is a tradgety. But this one will have more repercussions than some others.

I would like to make one thing perfectly clear. Regardless of what is rational or proportional, this accident means a lot to many people. That is the only thing that matters.

I will not allow comments here that insults those that take this tragedy seriously. I kid you not: If I hear something remotely insulting or dismissive I will start handing out bans.

Please respect your fellow members and what they feel about this accident.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Feb. 01 2003,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My prayers go out to their families.

PS: I just heard on fox news that the sonic boom lasted for 30 seconds and woke lots of people up....<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly, now if you can get the video & audio together, don't lose it. smile.gif The audio seems to have disappeared like the dead people in WTC that were not shown.

Hopefully it is not another "do not shock the helpless people with real death" agreement. mad.gif

The NASA conference didn't include much content. There will be another more technincal one last from Dallas or Houston.

In Israel they just interviewed Ilan Ramon's father on TV. He's on his way to Washington to join his daughter in law and grandchildren.

Well that was short.

(By the way, do the speech writers ever get recognition? That has to be a tough job, for which not many people are aware of)

Pretty good speech.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Feb. 01 2003,21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, do the speech writers ever get recognition?<span id='postcolor'>

Only when they mess up. This would include Bush's first speech full or cliches on 911 morning.

Off-topic forum is here so that you can discuss things that are somewhat related to the game, but not about the game itself. The forum subtitle reads:

"about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army"

Even if this forum section is called Offtopic, it is still part of Operation Flashpoint discussion board - and any topics that are completely unrelated to OFP can be closed or deleted. We see no reason why we should dedicate our bandwidth and hosting space to such discussions.

If you want to talk about something else or about nothing at all, there is plenty of spaces on the web where you can do it (like public chat rooms, some newsgroup or IRC).

Edited by Suma on Oct. 03 2002,08:59

Where can I find a copy of this speech?

If denoir said a bush speech was good it's got to be good.

The speech was good but Bush broke up as he was going to and did say "may God continue blessing America". After, he kind of ran away, and realized he wasn't suppost to go and came back to the podium. Then the live feed was cut. smile.gif You can tell Bush really feels this hard.

I think that the important message in Bush's speech is that the space program will continue.

The space program is an endevour that is for the benifit for all man kind. It's goals are above our conflicts and difference. It is a very noble and important project and that is why what happend today a sad thing for all of us.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Feb. 01 2003,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Goeth, im guessing your not american, and dont share the same grief as we do. Hell, i probly wouldnt give a shit if something horrible happened in your country.<span id='postcolor'>

Well put my friend, I guess if he is from a different country he doesnt really feel the grief...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Feb. 01 2003,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Off-topic forum is here so that you can discuss things that are somewhat related to the game, but not about the game itself. The forum subtitle reads:

"about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army"

Even if this forum section is called Offtopic, it is still part of Operation Flashpoint discussion board - and any topics that are completely unrelated to OFP can be closed or deleted. We see no reason why we should dedicate our bandwidth and hosting space to such discussions.

If you want to talk about something else or about nothing at all, there is plenty of spaces on the web where you can do it (like public chat rooms, some newsgroup or IRC).<span id='postcolor'>

Board rule:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No discussion about how the forum is moderated. If you have a problem with a decision a moderator has made, send him a PM.

<span id='postcolor'>

+

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Breaking any of these may result in instant ban! <span id='postcolor'>

Don't push your luck. Your previous comments were pretty distasteful so tread lightly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For the families of the seven, we cannot bear, as you do, the full impact of this tragedy. But we feel the loss, and we're thinking about you so very much. Your loved ones were daring and brave, and they had that special grace, that special spirit that says, 'Give me a challenge and I'll meet it with joy.' They had a hunger to explore the universe and discover its truths. They wished to serve, and they did. They served all of us.

-- Ronald Reagan (17 years and 4 days ago)<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 01 2003,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that the important message in Bush's speech is that the space program will continue.

The space program is an endevour that is for the benifit for all man kind. It's goals are above our conflicts and difference. It is a very noble and important project and that is why what happend today a sad thing for all of us.<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif I second that.

Nevertheless, there will be lessons learned from this. At the least we should learn from their sacrifice.

I am still upset that I can't even look at a normal recording of hte event. mad.gif I thought this really mattered to all of us, so why can't we see and hear it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 01 2003,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are some amazingly cold and calous remarks on these last pages. Sad.<span id='postcolor'>

I have to agree. It's like showing up at a stranger's funeral and chiding the mourners about people dying everyday. It's just not cool.

Anyone mention that the Russians in the space station will have to get back with a Russian ship now, as it'll be ages before NASA can send up a US vehicle.

Good point Avon.

There are 2 Astronauts and a Cosmonaut on the I.S.S.

They will probibly have to use the Soyuze capsule to get back to earth. There is always one docked at the station, just in case.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 01 2003,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone mention that the Russians in the space station will have to get back with a Russian ship now, as it'll be ages before NASA can send up a US vehicle.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, well, you know Russians.... they'll figure something out. tounge.gif