Sign in to follow this  
Mister 5

Martin's 007 jet released!

Cool!!!! Anyone remeber the jet from die another day when they get inserted near the air field? I have to reinstall rar again? It makes downloads annoying!

Ahhh i can't get it to work with 1.91, it doesn't show up and i extracted to res and the regular can't get it to work!

WinRAR has much better compression than WinZip, which eases bandwidth on his server.

Pictures:

007 Jet: Prepared for takeoff...

007-1.jpg

...James Bond Style!

007-2.jpg

007 Jet: In Flight

007-3.jpg

biggrin.gif  Has anyone tried landing next to a gas station and saying in your best Roger Moore -accent: "Fill her up, please" ?  wink.gif  tounge.gif

Lol!! this gives a new meaning to the term "tree top flying.." You can fly so low.. you hit people tounge.gif and you have to pull up to NOT hit a sign tounge.gif I love it.. though its a little jumpy in flight.. and a Black Op version would be cool smile.gif

Just for a bit of extra info, the plane is called the Acrostar Mini-Jet.

Looks pretty damn good, can you fold the wings?

no you cant fold the wings and there are only 2 that exist. 1 in a musem from the bond flick and 1 that the original maker owns and flys

Last night I did a full speed tour of Everon while never going above 20 metres... usually staying under 5. That thing is just so nimble!

I really love this addon. However I wish he removed the music and radio chatter because all the ground units can hear the radio chatter and music which just sounds wierd if you're on the ground or if you have multiple aircraft flying around.

Also I wish Martin made a military recon version perhaps with only machine guns on it. That doesn't exist but it would be nice. Still as is it's very nice and I'm sure some people will be able to make some nice James Bond missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaztheducky @ Feb. 01 2003,21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no you cant fold the wings and there are only 2 that exist. 1 in a musem from the bond flick and 1 that the original maker owns and flys<span id='postcolor'>

Just as an FYI,

The aircraft is actually a jet version of the BD-5, designated the BD-5J. And there are more than two of them around! Most BD-5 aircraft however are pusher propeller designs. For more info on this cool little aircraft, take a look here!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 01 2003,22:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also I wish Martin made a military recon version perhaps with only machine guns on it. That doesn't exist but it would be nice. Still as is it's very nice and I'm sure some people will be able to make some nice James Bond missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

I received an email from Martin about the jet. Martin said he may do a US Airforce version with camouflage and MG. I am sure that if enough people want it he will make it. I have a news post on @WAR about this addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|crow| @ Feb. 03 2003,06:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 01 2003,22:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also I wish Martin made a military recon version perhaps with only machine guns on it.   That doesn't exist but it would be nice.  Still as is it's very nice and I'm sure some people will be able to make some nice James Bond missions.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

I received an email from Martin about the jet.  Martin said he may do a US Airforce version with camouflage and MG.  I am sure that if enough people want it he will make it.  I have a news post on @WAR about this addon.<span id='postcolor'>

Awesome! This plane makes an absolute superb reconassaince (sp?) aircraft and would make for a great close air support aircraft to provide a little bit of close air support...also if he could make it where the enemy PK gunners (infantry machine gunners) fired at the aircraft then that would be very nice!

Also tell him that it would be better to leave those cockpit sounds for mission triggers instead of while flying because all the ground units hear the radio chatter as the plane flys by which just sounds strange.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This plane has a excellent handling, and great for low flight in ofp biggrin.gif (i like the control panel too@@)

the only this bug i found is the gear is down when u set it flying

wink.gif

Very nice plane. One thing I like about it is that you can actually land it on the LSD:

1) Approach the LSD from the front:

bond1.jpg

2) Make a radical turn around it, with the engine off, quickly loosing velocity.

bond2.jpg

3) Flaps down and you will lose more or less all lift power, dropping down:

bond3.jpg

4) Drop almost vertically on the LSD:

bond4.jpg

5) Landed smile.gif The AI wingman wasn't so lucky.

bond5.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 03 2003,22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4) Drop almost vertically on the LSD:

bond4.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

where did you get that Mr. Spock face?

also, can you fly from LSD?

just gave it a fast test and very agile. a good adition ot OFP stunt if it is used.

denoir's version is availiable where? i can't find one with that cammo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Feb. 03 2003,22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just gave it a fast test and very agile. a good adition ot OFP stunt if it is used.

denoir's version is availiable where? i can't find one with that cammo.<span id='postcolor'>

He probably retextured it himself. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Feb. 03 2003,22:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Feb. 03 2003,22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just gave it a fast test and very agile. a good adition ot OFP stunt if it is used.

denoir's version is availiable where? i can't find one with that cammo.<span id='postcolor'>

He probably retextured it himself.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yepp, I was going to just remove the annoying radio chatter sound but I ended up retexturing the plane smile.gif

bond6.jpg

Another of Denoir's casual retexturing masterpieces. wow.gif

Care to share Denoir? smile.gif