Sign in to follow this  
(T)r@cer

Tales of war rangers released...

Guys I can't talk about the BAS's Team menbers one by one, but I can assure you that we as a Team have nothing against you guys. For myself I can also say that I have nothing against you guys. And I have a lot of your work in my game like for example the great M60 pack you guys made.

To be honest I think your Rangers will Team Up well with our Rangers in my game, so I can clearely state that BAS has nothing to do with all this discussion.

As for some of BAS's team menbers I can't talk for all of them as it seems that some guys have some unsolved problems with you.

So please. let's stop with this nonsense of BAS vs TOW and which one is better and so on.

Perssonaly as I said before I will use your work as I always did in my game, and I'm sure that a lot of BAS's menbers will to, after all our goal is to make our game better. No matter which MOD team releases which.

So please stop using the TOW name and the BAS name, if you guys have something perssonel to discuss, than please do it by email, this Forum and both our MODs have nothing to do with this, and are only sufering from some bad words both of you used.

I don't know who started but that doesn't matter to me, finnish it by email please, not here.

wink.gif

[edit] well said Skaven [/edit]

Thats said nice Skaven. smile.gif

Sure you guys make good addons too... i've used the littlebirds in several missions that I made. I have never ever said any bad things about your addons, but Evis does about our addons.

So I guess your right and Evis personally hates me and TOW or BAS has nothing to do with it. So Evis... if you "hate me" then contact me with email or on IRC, you know where to find me, and explain why your so pissed off. biggrin.gif

Ive already said i have nothing against you, i do have something against you insulting us, and im pretty sure those other two do too, now im going to stop, you can keep going if you want and try to imply its something personal, its not, but you can think what you want

Personally I think it's foolish to go back and forth trying to rip each other's addons and team members apart. The main thing that keeps me into ofp is the community especially the addon community. We shouldnt be fighting and competing with other addon teams to be the best because it aint gonna happen a. once your "best" get's released anybody can take it and rearrange it to be their "best" b. we should be helping each other to produce high quality addons as a whole.

Take DKM mod team for an example they've come up with alot of new stuff i.e the rotorwash addon and the commanche with all it's features including retractable landing gear but are they being stingy and saying they are the best and nobody can use their work? The answer is no.

They release quality addons and they share their resources if you had a problem im sure they'd help.

What im trying to say is we are working for a community that loves and wants our addons they dont want to see 30 diff ranger packs or 50 diff marine packs trying to out do each other.

my .02

rap

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ Jan. 31 2003,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you want *better* ones  wink.gif  download BAS' lolipop-looking rangers wich will be released soon... No offence, bas, but from the screens ive seen they look like their taken out of some candybox.. looks completely like sweetpops or something  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think it's just the lightning and low resolution in those pics that makes them look a bit cartoonish, but I'm sure they will look great in game (kinda same thing when looking Doom 3 pics, it doesn't look so great, but in full motion it's just awesome) wink.gif.

I "was"  just trying to point out what was needing attention in the TOW pack before it was hijacked and turned into a schoolground.

All this "I dont hate you guys, why do you hate us?" nonsense doesnt help much at all for bugfixing.

It just looks like ego talking at this point. confused.gif

EDIT:And since they were mentioned earlier, I do recall seeing some BAS sigs involved in a DKM thread that got torpedoed as well(Tunguska I think it was) when that was released and issues were being addressed.

Here's how that one ended http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=100

crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Jan. 31 2003,16:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EDIT:And since they were mentioned earlier, I do recall seeing some BAS sigs involved in a DKM thread that got torpedoed as well(Tunguska I think it was) when that was released and issues were being addressed.<span id='postcolor'>

eeehm it wasnt BAS... so you mean the WHOLE team goes to a threat and goes to piss on a addon? youre wrong we cant control our members like robots!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 31 2003,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">looks like Eviscerator is the master of flame wars  wink.gif

j/k<span id='postcolor'>

well, not only was it a long time ago, but what i was saying was misunderstood, and both times i havent started the flaming, the tunguska was a beta and i was offering my views on what could be improved for the final version...

As i said earlier, the flaming neednt have happened, none of the bas members were posting on this thread until jahves comment, and the TOW members went onto a BAS news thread and took an innocent (true) comment and started flame baiting, i shouldnt have replied and started arguing, but i was angry at them for degrading our addons and posting pointless comments.

The Rangers look like a great add-on....

but do really need another M4 pack for OFP? confused.gif

I must have a couple dozen different M4's in my add-on folder now, that came with, or was required for, different unit add-ons. It would be nice if add-on makers could seperate unit addons from weapon add-ons to allow people to choose whether they wanted either or both to use in missions/campaign.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (andy_aws @ Jan. 31 2003,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Rangers look like a great add-on....

but do really need another M4 pack for OFP? confused.gif

I must have a couple dozen different M4's in my add-on folder now, that came with, or was required for, different unit add-ons. It would be nice if add-on makers could seperate unit addons from weapon add-ons to allow people to choose whether they wanted either or both to use in missions/campaign.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, especially when the ACOG reticle is out of scale! It should look more like this

acogreticle.jpgta01reticle.gif

@Vixer

"I do recall seeing some BAS sigs involved" was what I said and I wasnt wrong now was I? That may be an older thread but I'm sure theres more around.

It's up to you whether or not you want make up the rest and put words in people's mouths. I never accused the WHOLE BAS team of anything...just a few members seem to repeatedly hijack threads for personal issues other than constructive critisism.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 31 2003,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 31 2003,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">looks like Eviscerator is the master of flame wars  wink.gif

j/k<span id='postcolor'>

well, not only was it a long time ago, but what i was saying was misunderstood, and both times i havent started the flaming, the tunguska was a beta and i was offering my views on what could be improved for the final version...

As i said earlier, the flaming neednt have happened, none of the bas members were posting on this thread until jahves comment, and the TOW members went onto a BAS news thread and took an innocent (true) comment and started flame baiting, i shouldnt have replied and started arguing, but i was angry at them for degrading our addons and posting pointless comments.<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe.. it seems Evis cant stop talking about this. smile.gif

To think that two mod teams that I respect could come to this  confused.gif

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gold'>Silence is golden</span></span>

No more.

It would be nice if all differences were put aside and an OFP-mod building pact was made in hopes to make the best mods ever.

For the good of the OFP community ;-D

We would be forever in your debt.

Hallelujah.

Darkinov -- Forum World Diplomat

Unfortunatly, I think I'm missing the textures for a few of the models. I think the Demoltions guy and couple others. It has that pure white look that you get from an untextured mesh on a model.

I tried reinstalling it, but that didnt work. Maybe I should try to download again?

You can try to install our marines pack aswell... there is a good chance it will work then. smile.gif

Y'all knock it off,

<come to think of it,it SOUNDS like the CFS2 1% community is in the house>

I like my mods bettern' all of yours anyway wink.gif

(disclaimer,do NOT take that statement as being factual,it was complete sarcasm, and not intended as gospel for some yoyo desperately seeking something to base a religion around, that is all)

Completly off topic (as in to do with the rangers rather than who's better)...

When i was playing witht he camo ranger and i rode a bike i had the camo half way across my eyes.

also when i was playing as a ranger officer in the oo7 jet i noticed a white polygon to my left just above my shoulder, it was there when i was parachuting out as well.

Im at work and i havnt got any pics but i can get some if you want.

Greetings, My name is Damocles, and I am a member of Ballistic Addon Studios. I am a Military Technical Advisor and Co Producer/Project Manager for the team. I thought I would introduce myself before I started so folks reading would know who I am.

In light of the recent storm of coments regarding BAS, and TOW, I am here to make a statement on behalf of BAS.

We here at Ballistic Addon Studios strive to make the best, most accurate, and most realistic addons that can be made within the limits of the game engine, and that we as a team can make.

We do this by hard work, research, skill, talent, and teamwork. We are not assembled to claim ourselves better than any other addon team in the Operation Flash Point community, nor do we consider ourselves superior to other members of the OFP community.

In fact in working toward this goal often times we request help from other addon makers outside of BAS to help us achieve the best possible and highest quality end result.

We give proper credit where it is due. We create and we release addons for the entire community to enjoy, and we work dilligently to ensure the products we release are as error free and high quality as possible.

We do not force anyone in the community to use our addons, nor do we release them with the claim that they are better than anyone elses addons. We feel that that determination is not up to us, but rather the OFP community to decide.

We are however proud of our work, and unless otherwise specified it is all original work, right down to the models and textures.

It is human nature to be protective and defensive of ones team and ones hard work, and in the future BAS members will refrain from engaging in inflamatory types of arguments related to other addon makers and their products vs ours. At BAS we pride ourselves in our professionalism as well as our skill in addon making.

We will let the OFP community decide whether or not our addons deserve praise, and whether they are better in any way to another addon teams product. If the community reports technical issues and functionality problems we will work to get the corrected.

On Behalf of BAS I apologize, and I can assure you that Tigershark and myself will do everything possible to prevent such an occurence in the future.

We here at Ballistic Addon Studios were saddened by the news of the tragic loss of Space Shuttle Columbia during re-entry February 1 2003 at approximately 0900 hours Eastern Standard Time.Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the crew of Columbia. The members of STS-107 are all heros,they will be missed and never forgotten.

bas_banner.jpg

biggrin.gif  LOL now this is the best topic in the whole forum! gotta love a good fight. .dont get me wrong im not sayin who is better (BAS), who is right(BAS) and who is wrong(TOW), but gotta love a good forum fight. i tried and only succeded once so i gave up that field

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ Jan. 31 2003,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you dont need the marines for the rangers to work or visa versa. We know the M4 sopmod textures are cheap. We know there are texture bugs. We know a lot. but this wont be sorted for some time yet.. Maybe sort the m4 sopmod by releasing a new one but the other things will not be done anything with yet. The only texture bug ive found is that when you shoot some of the men there are no blood textures. But as i said: this one is on the shelf for some time... If you want *better* ones  wink.gif  download BAS' lolipop-looking rangers wich will be released soon... No offence, bas, but from the screens ive seen they look like their taken out of some candybox.. looks completely like sweetpops or something  confused.gif

Jahve out<span id='postcolor'>

I dont know if you guys are blind or what but to me that looks like a direct attack on BAS' work BEFORE anyone from that team even posted here. As far as I can tell Evis was just defending BAS' work, although he might have gone a little overboard doing it.

But anyways this whole discussion is stupid so in an effort to get it back on topic: your Rangers are a very promising beta, but they need some work. I would also have to say that they look a little too similar to your very excellent Marines.

thats some fine work you did on the rangers, will there be any desert camo rangers?