Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Isolationism!

Ok, how about this.

The Western World should withdraw all military units from all over the world and move them back to their respective countries and defend their own territories only.

The Western World will not intervene anywhere at all.

The Western World will leave the Third World alone and let them do whatever they want to each other. If they try to mess with the Western World, the response will be war - not an invading one, one that will merely bomb them into stone age to make sure they won't attack again in the near future.

All aid to the Third World will cease immediately.

Rebuild the Iron Curtain, but around the Western World, do not accept any more asylum seekers from outside anymore.

After all, who cares what happens to Iraq or Israel or Afghanistan. They are far away. They don't want our help, if we try to help they threaten with lower oil production and terrorism.

So stuff them. Lets ignore them.

How about that? It seems to me as if they want just that. So let them have it!!

when mods go mad tounge.gif

hmm .... flawed idea ......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 30 2003,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After all, who cares what happens to Iraq or Israel<span id='postcolor'>

Sid-the-Sloth.gif

<span style='font-size:37pt;line-height:100%'>I'm a mammal who cares!</span>

sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 30 2003,19:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 30 2003,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After all, who cares what happens to Iraq or Israel<span id='postcolor'>

Sid-the-Sloth.gif

sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well...

If no one cared about Israel, then Israel could simply just commit genocide on the Palestinian population.

No more Hamas, Jihad, Arafat...

Just Jordan, Syria, Iraq and Egypt are very angry which results in an all out war. Israel would loose that war.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Jan. 30 2003,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just Jordan, Syria, Iraq and Egypt are very angry which results in an all out war. Israel would loose that war.<span id='postcolor'>

Israel can't lose a war. Not with 200 odd nukes stashed away. Hence I'm not too worried about Israel.

A country that is capable of producing nukes should be capable of looking after herself without a nanny.

I mean, come on Avon, you have the most powerful military in the region, why should you be afraid of such Western Isolationism?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 30 2003,20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean, come on Avon, you have the most powerful military in the region<span id='postcolor'>

I don't necessarily agree. Care to produce figures on the number of troops, aircraft, ships and armor from surrounding countires>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">, why should you be afraid of such Western Isolationism?<span id='postcolor'>

Without Coca Cola, I'm a gonner. crazy.gifsad.gif

All I said was that I care. That's all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Necromancer- @ Jan. 30 2003,12:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 30 2003,19:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 30 2003,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After all, who cares what happens to Iraq or Israel<span id='postcolor'>

Sid-the-Sloth.gif

sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well...

If no one cared about Israel, then Israel could simply just commit genocide on the Palestinian population.

No more Hamas, Jihad, Arafat...

Just Jordan, Syria, Iraq and Egypt are very angry which results in an all out war. Israel would loose that war.<span id='postcolor'>

Israel lose to Syria and Egypt..pffffff.... Was it not the Six Day War that Israel beat the s*** out them. I firmly believe that if Israel was attacked they would win, even against Iraq, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt, Hell Throw in Iran while you are at it.

Israel has held their own for thousands upon thousands of years, even when Hitler tried to exterminate them.

The West (US mainly) have been selling lots of hardware to countries like Eygpt. Israel had a fit when the US sold AGM-84's (Harpoons) to Eygpt recently.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 30 2003,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, who wants a war in the first place? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no one wants war, just a scenario. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 30 2003,19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After all, who cares what happens to Iraq or Israel<span id='postcolor'>

1) Isreal is a western country

2) Did you intend to run your car on Belgian chocolate or what?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 30 2003,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) Did you intend to run your car on Belgian chocolate or what?<span id='postcolor'>

Mmmmm....... chocolate.....

Can we also send back home the people who came to our western country from eastern countries back to their place of origin? Say we send back all those refugees and landed immigrants that entered our country in, say, the past 10 years.

Or would that be just too harsh?

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Jan. 30 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can we also send back home the people who came to our western country from eastern countries back to their place of origin?  Say we send back all those refugees and landed immigrants that entered our country in, say, the past 10 years.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Be careful, Die Alive.

This is bordering on racism, and that's not welcome around here. mad.gif

The simple fact is that we are in an era where isolationism just wont work. Back when it took weeks for a letter to cross an ocean, and there was virtually no intercontinental telephony, a nation could blissfully be as isolationist as they want. But nowadays, information and thoughts travel at the speed of light in so many media. Telephone, fax, television and the internet. It's just not possible to be isolationist, unless you are willing to quash your populations access to said media. Even China has problems that way, and it is one of the more totalitarian regimes when it comes to information control. And not speaking for anyone else, I think isolationism is foolish. There just needs to be a balance between being a good world citizen and being an international bully.

Isolationism is not the best of ideas for any country. Isolation of a country can bring questions and sometimes overly stupid answers. Also the fact that all countries somewhat depend on eachother for resources and materials, it is important that thye don't. That is why most nations are trying to get as much black gold as possible(oil).

Also the lack of these materials can break the economy and cause a drop. Also technology in that one country would no advance well since the isolation would mean they would be left out of things and that the needed materials in order to research would be gone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Jan. 30 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can we also send back home the people who came to our western country from eastern countries back to their place of origin?  Say we send back all those refugees and landed immigrants that entered our country in, say, the past 10 years.

Unfortunatly, that would also go against the democratic way of thinking without switching to another form of thinking. Even though limited, all people in Western countries have some sort of freedom. One of them is the Freedom of movement, which where a person wants to live.

Would it be too harsh?? How about too racist? Why should you punish people for just being members of a culture/nation.

Tread lightly Die Alive because you are balancing on a very thin line of what is acceptable to post.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 30 2003,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 30 2003,20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean, come on Avon, you have the most powerful military in the region<span id='postcolor'>

I don't necessarily agree. Care to produce figures on the number of troops, aircraft, ships and armor from surrounding countires.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In 1967 Israel's defense spending was less than half the combined defense expenditures of Egypt, Iraq, Jordan and Syria; today Israel's defense expenditure is 30 per cent larger than the combined defense spending of these four Arab states.

-- Stephen M. Walt in International Security (Winter 2001/02)<span id='postcolor'>

Considering what Israel did to those 4 combined armies in 1967 and that they now have peace agreements with 2 of them, I'd say they have little to fear.

Eh? Ex Ronin is saying we should just let the 3rd world fend for itself (i.e. LET THEM STARVE), put up an iron curtain and block out any more people (and deny the possibilities of families reuniting in the western country), and my comment is racist?

The whole idea of isolationism is racist. "No, you cant enter our country, you're from an eastern country" What would happen if the person wants to go back to the eastern country, would you let them leave?

Oh ya, deportations are not illegal, happens all the time here in Canada. If a refugee breaks the law (serious offence, like murder or other violent crimes), the perp will spend time here in jail and then, ba-bye, don't come back now...

I also have lots of farn friends, like my good buddy Balki Bartokomous from Mypos. tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 30 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Jan. 30 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can we also send back home the people who came to our western country from eastern countries back to their place of origin?  Say we send back all those refugees and landed immigrants that entered our country in, say, the past 10 years.

Would it be too harsh?? How about too racist? Why should you punish people for just being members of a culture/nation.

Tread lightly Die Alive because you are balancing on a very thin line of what is acceptable to post.<span id='postcolor'>

Er, didn't the original post mention banning asylum seekers? How is that so very different from what Die Alive posted? (yeah yeah, specific people and all, but the sentiment is the same).

One wonders if it were a non-moderator who started this topic that it would be closed with a message like this:

Please continue discussion here or here.

Closing  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 30 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Jan. 30 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can we also send back home the people who came to our western country from eastern countries back to their place of origin?  Say we send back all those refugees and landed immigrants that entered our country in, say, the past 10 years.<span id='postcolor'>

Would it be too harsh?? How about too racist? Why should you punish people for just being members of a culture/nation.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps I've missed something.  What reference (or inference) to any specific culture/nation or even race was made in DA's post? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 30 2003,19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So stuff them. Lets ignore them.<span id='postcolor'>

Who else are you lumping together with them besides Iraq, Israel and Afghanistan?

There is a big difference between closing your country's borders and deporting all immigrants.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh ya, deportations are not illegal, happens all the time here in Canada. If a refugee breaks the law (serious offence, like murder or other violent crimes), the perp will spend time here in jail and then, ba-bye, don't come back now...<span id='postcolor'>

What you suggested was a deportion of *all* immigrants, regardless if they have done anything wrong.

Anyway, this thread is going into a bad direction.

Closing