TeTeT

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0G - Golf Released !!!

On 2/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, pognivet said:

Is there a simple way for me to make some sort of config that lets you add your own .ogg tracks into the rotation for the radios? I miss all the music in the game from before you took it out. I'd like to add it back in for my own missions. I have all the files converted properly already.

Relatively simple, yes. If you cannot find the Unsung and Custom Sounds PDF in your download folder, grab it from http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/docs/The Unsung Custom Sounds and Music.pdf  . A few simple steps, you either add your sounds/music to the mission or a pbo of its own. Good luck.

Trying to spawn randomized Red vehicle (scope =2) , you got this error:

6:49:41 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.uns_simc_nva_1'.
 6:49:41 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
 6:49:41 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
 6:49:41 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon uns_simc_nva_1 with scope=private

same for

7:15:10 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.uns_U_Simc_vc_1_trop'.
 7:15:10 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
 7:15:10 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
 7:15:10 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon uns_U_Simc_vc_1_trop with scope=private

uns_simc_nva_1, uns_U_Simc_vc_1_trop, uns_U_Simc_vc_2_trop don't exist in cfgWeapons but no clue on what vehicles they are supposed to be mounted.

Here comes the Unsung 3.10 Golf update.

Snoops was busy restructuring the AA assets. Now the pook_ prefixed assets are hidden from view and replaced with uns_ prefixed AA. E.g. uns_KS12_NVA is the replacement for pook_KS12_NVA. Further the submunition count for the CBA were reduced to allow for more FPS when utilizing them.

{E-Z}Johnny.D updated Dak Pek, the map is getting better and better. The map and satmask map is still considered work in progress though.

More units were converted with S&S uniforms. On top of that {E-Z}Johnny.D provisioned three new shoulder patches.

Changelog, also on the download and https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/docs/unsung_3.10g_changelog.pdf

Spoiler

Unsung 3.10 Golf changelog

March 2021

Fixed:

Vehicles:

PU-12: Hiding radar unit, set scope = 1

POOK_SAM: Hiding SAM/AAA/EW units, set scope = 1 

Added uns_KS12(weapon) and uns_30Rnd_85mm_HE 

Added uns_KS19(weapon) and uns_30Rnd_100mm_HE

New Unsung units, derived from Pook, but without scripts:

"uns_KS12_NVA"

"uns_KS19_NVA"

"uns_ZSU23_NVA"

"uns_ZSU57_NVA"

"uns_P12_NVA"

"uns_PU12_NVA"

"uns_PRV11_NVA"

"uns_SON9_NVA"

"uns_SON50_NVA"

"uns_PUAZO_NVA"

Lower submunition count on all CBUs to lower server lag 

Units:

Remove US Army name tags on ARVN uniforms

Make USAF helo pilots have more believable uniforms (USMC before)

Update 1AC heli pilots to SNS uniforms

Use subdued patch for ARVN Ranger

Update 25th Inf Arty to SNS uniforms

Update PBR crew to SNS uniforms and new patches

Maps:  

Update Dak Pek

Reworked area between Dak Pek SF camp ( northwest-ish ) and Boi Khe

Added some new hamlets and so

Alamo's ridge reworked a little ( nicer rockwall with details )

Fixed some objects

Added "stream" that goes through AJL's valley towards Dak Brot

New mask/satmap ( still WIP, but getting better )

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

thanks for the release!

will there be torrent download?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 7:04 PM, gc8 said:

will there be torrent download?

Yes, almost forgot about it! Just need to zip the mod, upload it to the main torrent server and test it.

TeTeT

• Like 1

I noticed that when using the "uns_M2_60mm_mortar" and "uns_M1_81mm_mortar" mortars the inRangeOfArtillery command falsely returns true on position that is too close to the mortar to be fired upon.  Hope that gets fixed at some point. Thanks for this mod it's one of my favorites 🙂

12 hours ago, gc8 said:

I noticed that when using the "uns_M2_60mm_mortar" and "uns_M1_81mm_mortar" mortars the inRangeOfArtillery command falsely returns true on position that is too close to the mortar to be fired upon.  Hope that gets fixed at some point. Thanks for this mod it's one of my favorites 🙂

Thanks for the bug report and kind words! Artillery is a bit of a mystery to me, so not sure this will be fixed soon. You wouldn't have any hints on what to look at for this to be fixed?

10 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Thanks for the bug report and kind words! Artillery is a bit of a mystery to me, so not sure this will be fixed soon. You wouldn't have any hints on what to look at for this to be fixed?

sorry I don't but I'm sure other people in these forums know.

If I figure anything out I'll let you know

i really enjoy that map you put in, dak pek i think its called. a really good terrain for all sorts of fighting. i'd say it's probably the best map in the mod right now, but of course that's just my personal opinion.

i know its a pain in the ass, but you guys should really add in more large scale maps that have roads, rivers, back areas and most importantly airfields that work with ai pilots. maybe contract with some outside mapmakers to do some for you.

da krong used to be my favorite map in the mod, but its really restricted in terms of size and the ability of the ai to traverse it. they seem to dislike footbridges quite a lot.

its a shame you took out some great music tracks from the rto/transistor radios, but i get that you dont want to get letters from attorneys all of the time. you guys should code the radios so that mission makers or modders can add their own audio/music that gets thrown into the random mix, like how you made the tutorial on how to do addaction music for helicopters and vehicles.

i would also make the recommendation that you remove 30 round mags from the configs of later era troops and give them 20 rounders. i believe a vet from that war said on here he only saw 30 rounders once or twice during his service there and he only saw them post 1970. ive heard similar statements from some other vets.

anyway good luck with the future.

• Like 1

@TeTe T

Is there a way to script an AI unit to get into the rescue basket of the CH-53 after is has been lowered to the ground? 

8 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Is there a way to script an AI unit to get into the rescue basket of the CH-53 after is has been lowered to the ground? 

Yes, the basket object is stored in the uns_basket variable in the helo. You need to assign the AI passenger as cargo and then move into cargo. Not tested, but something like this should work:

private _helo = ...; 
private _unit = ...; 
private _basket = _helo getVariable ["uns_basket", ObjNull]; 
if (isNull _basket) exitWith { "No basket deployed" call bis_fnc_error; }; 
if (_basket distance _unit > 10) exitWith { "Move basket closer to unit" call bis_fnc_error; }; 

_unit assignAsCargo _basket; 
_unit moveInCargo _basket; 

_helo vehicleChat "Unit in basket, hoist!";

If you want to have a more complete example, there are two rescue missions for the standalone CH-46D which use the same system on my workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2030960722 f.e.).

Good luck,

TeTeT

• Thanks 1

@gc8 brought to my attention that quite a number of Unsung plane types self destruct when used with the vanilla CAS module and weapon type 1, missiles.

Background is that the CAS module launches all weapons of type missile against the target. This unfortunately includes the air to air missiles as well, which, even more unfortunately, track the launching plane for lack of other targets and hence explode it. As we've copied the original vanilla CAS module to Unsung years ago, I've patched it further:

• weapon type 4 is for missile to ground attacks now in uns_ModuleCAS
  • only weapons with ammo that is not air to air only (airLock = 2 setting in the ammo config) will be used

Once Unsung 3.11 Golf is released, the following snippet will launch a CAS strike with the F4J with AGM loadout that doesn't explode:

private _moduleGroup = createGroup sideLogic;   
private _unit = "uns_ModuleCAS" createUnit [   
 getPosATL player,   
 _moduleGroup,   
 "  
this setVariable ['vehicle','uns_F4J_AGM'];    
this setVariable ['type', 4];   
this setVariable ['BIS_fnc_initModules_disableAutoActivation', false, true];"   
];

Further we look into the fuseDistance parameter for the air to air missiles to prevent it from the Sidewinder and Sparrow to explode right after launch.

Cheers,

TeTeT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a question regarding the army uns_M113parts. is there a list/info somewhere that tells which badge belongs to the east side and which west?

thx

@gc8, have some doubts that such a list exists, sorry.

• Like 2

@TeTeT That's understandable but the modders who made those badges must have gotten the inspiration from somewhere in net? I will try to google those badges but any tips are welcome 🙂

(What I really need to figure is which ones are for east so I don't mix them up)

Edit: Found from google a nice list, looks like all the insignia are for west?

On 5/1/2021 at 10:47 AM, gc8 said:

@TeTeT That's understandable but the modders who made those badges must have gotten the inspiration from somewhere in net? I will try to google those badges but any tips are welcome 🙂

(What I really need to figure is which ones are for east so I don't mix them up)

Edit: Found from google a nice list, looks like all the insignia are for west?

I believe Eggbeast and HCPookie did the badges, not sure though. I would also think that all the m113 parts graphics are for the western side.

And:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SkylerSlack said:

any word on a *hotel* update? 😉

Not quite. We hope to release Unsung 3.11 Golf next week, then we will update the S&S supplied uniforms and equipment and eventually this might become Unsung 3.0 Hotel. But that's pretty much future talk and definitely no ETA.

For the record, on this forum it's considered bad style to ask for mod updates. They come when they are ready is the generally accepted wisdom on the subject 😄

• Like 2

Quick question for those who play unsung a lot, now if I remember correctly the Vietcong used to blow a whistle it's really mind-boggling me because when I played Arma 3 back in 2019, and I remember simply placing down a couple of unsung units in Zeus and they were speaking shouting, singing, and when engaged they would blow a whistle I remember feeling very immersed and I was only testing the units out in Zeus... played couple days ago using unsung mod no voices... in fact, they are speaking fersi? and yes I've also placed down the rug Desai module and they speak Vietnamese now but "a lot less" hardly in fact and they no longer blow a whistle.. I'm guessing with the bravo update it's been removed because everyone was complaining about it ruining the ambience yeah maybe for multiplayer but in single-player it's oh so stale, could anyone explain to me what's going on? and where I can download the previous versions.. I had a look on moddb but they archived the most recent versions from 2019 onwards and can't seem to find it, would be appreciated I am sure they used to blow whistles 🥴

@Irish93 , I was having the same remark to myself not long ago. I was on a Unsung binge a couple months back, just before the cDLC annoucement, and for a while playing I didn't hear the whistles anymore. But I played some more and I'm fairly certain I heard the PAVN whistles again, maybe not as much as they used to. Maybe the rates for whistles and voices sounds have been turned down over the last updates I dunno, that's for the Devs to say. Also if I'm not mistaken you shouldn't need to put the RugDSAI module to have the units speaks, unless you either want only specific units to speaks or if you want to disable it completely. Hope this will help you a bit, until one of the Devs can give you more accurates infos about this.

This is Unsung 3.11 Golf! Through the work of {E-Z}Johnny.D most of the uniforms in Unsung have now been updated to S&S uniforms. He also added a new unit, 1st Cav. Jamie provided the PAVN with a new pith helmet! Further some more unit patches have been introduced. Finally for the units, the problem with camo faces on regular infantry units has been fixed.

The combat support radio now supports the ability to call in Napalm strikes, a feature pretty high on the wishlist of Unsung players. 

More fixes for vehicles: the Mule with M60 MG can now be entered as gunner, the M35 trucks inventory is accessible from the outside and the CH-46 now has contemporary Vietnam equipment, rather than modern.

Enjoy the update and if you own the S.O.G. Prairie Fire creators DLC consider checking out the dev build of Unsung Redux on the steam workshop.

Mirrors:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

Armaholic: TBD

torrent: http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/@unsung-3.11.golf.torrent

Release Video:

Changelog:

Spoiler

Unsung 3.11 Golf changelog

May 2021

Added:

Scripts:

Added Napalm support option for combat radio

Plane will drop napalm, iron bomb and CBU if possible

New type 4 attacks for Unsung CAS, will use missiles

Air to air missiles are blocked though

Units:

New unit patches

New NVA pith helmet

Added 1st Air Cav unit

Fixed:

Vehicles:

Fix M-35 truck inventory access from outside vehicle

Fix minigun optics on Huey gunships

Fix getin action for Mule with M60 MG

Fix inventory of CH-46, no more modern equipment

Gunner is now vulnerable to small arms fire in M113 and Commando Patrol

Units:

Too many uniform and equipment updates to count…

Almost all units converted to S&S uniforms and equipment

Fix camo faces appearing on regular infantry units

• Like 10