Custom dialogs extend into missions.  For example, one of the civilian missions is "defuse the carbomb" type:

Simply get to the rigged vehicle:

Z30Mzvj.png

And your magic decoder tool will give you the disarm code...

IIfFD4S.png

.. For a short amount of time.  You then have one chance to enter the code in the correct order.  A countdown timer will be displayed at the top.  If you are an engineer, you'll have more time.  If you're an engineer who happened to bring a toolkit, you'll get max time.   

Code length ranges from 4 digits (easy peasy) to 8 (super pucker factor)

• Like 4

Most features are now complete.   The mission is now winnable when you control more towns than either of the other two sides.    Just need to do more testing and write a proper how-does-this-mission-work in the briefing.

• Like 4

This is looking pretty good. Can't wait to get a few mates on and have a go at it.

This looks badass!! Waiting patiently for a release :)

Or if you need more testers, I'm willing to join ;)

Edit: Is this still being worked on?

Testing has revealed that you can get the same mission you just did again.  Currently rethinking how to redo another rev on the mission system to ensure that mission are more varied.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, accuracythruvolume said:

Mission semi-randomizer in place.  Still have a few more odd and ends to test before deployment to the masses.   Soon TM.

It seems that this is your giant project - and it's already looking so good! Keep it up and take your time. I'm excited to try out  ;)

On 11/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, Godis_1 said:

It seems that this is your giant project - and it's already looking so good! Keep it up and take your time. I'm excited to try out  😉

Been working on this since summer.  Lots of mechanics rolled into this one.   I've added the new super tucano from rhs gref as a purchasable aircraft.  A rough briefing is in place.  I've halted adding even more missions until after first release.   

• Like 1

Wow, looking forward to this! Love such complex stuff with high replayability where you can sink your teeth in!

But can you please, please offer a version without dependency on RHS? Theres folks like me who are not keen on playing with RHS!

Thanks for considering!

Release candidate was heavily tested today.  One major exploit found and squashed.  One show-stopper remains:  Lost Legion are being cranky and not showing up to towns where players are causing trouble....

• Like 1

Good luck with sorting out the last of the bugs. Looking forward to giving this a go. 

Lost legion once again respond to calls for help from cities they control.   All seems in place, just have to do some more testing and then it will be pushed to steam.

• Like 2

@accuracythruvolume

Brother I'm so hyped I just made an account to say that I'll bee looking forward to playing this one.

Cannot wait hope you will surprise us for Christmas 🙂

Hope it lives up to your expectations!   This is made to be a long term, multi-session campaign style mission.  Some of the missions are hard.   If you think taking on a convoy of AMF vehicles is easy...prepare for some losses lol.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, accuracythruvolume said:

Hope it lives up to your expectations!   This is made to be a long term, multi-session campaign style mission.  Some of the missions are hard.   If you think taking on a convoy of AMF vehicles is easy...prepare for some losses lol.

At least for me this is exactly what I'm expecting ;)

I notice that you have include the custom deathscreen script ,

if you want you can have this update if you like to include this in the future :

Nice mission and thanks for sharing !
GF-Custom-Deathscreen-Script-version-2.0.zip

Expires in: 29 days 21:58:51   |   Size: 2.4 MB   | 13.12.19

Congrats!!

but holy dependencies Batman!

Looks well worth it -hope you can play thru as a SP (IN MP host of course)

• Like 1

@GEORGE FLOROS GR  Drat did I forget to mention that in my credits post on page one?  So many moving parts I lose track of what is in there....   Thanks for the update, will have a look!

@froggyluv  / @Godis_1  Yep it pulls content from a bunch of sources.   You can play the mission with just ace / ace compats, the map, RHS, and project opfor.   The weapon packs listed are extras that the mission supports (you can buy them from the shops).  Since it makes use of arsenal, if you don't have or don't want to use NIArms or SMA or example, then those weapons will simply not be in the shops.

The mission can be played in Local multiplayer.  Singleplayer mode will not work due to the scripting framework being used.   There are a couple of instances where friendly AI will be present but otherwise you'll be lone wolf-ing it if you are playing solo.   I've played many hours testing the mission solo and it can be done.

• Like 2

TFAR seems to be a requirement though.. And AMF is optional too?

Edit: It works without AMF. Ihave all other mods. Regarding beating this mission solo - If I got this right, you have almost no ressources at the beginning. AFter establishing the base, I cannot build anything to start with and have to go for the first mission with some very little starting equipment. I mean, as for balancing reason and thos who play alone, wouldn't it better to have at least some ressources to get some equipment, and maybe also some AI teammates?

Also I cannot even garage one vehicle with the starting rank, which would be very helpful otherwise.

However, the first mission wasn't hard, and I could get some stuff from bodies.

There are a few things that remain unclear to:

- How to gather ressources/materials exactly?

- Where can I see the intel I got from bodies?

- Is there a way to communcate with civilians or other people (no interaction via ACE, no action via menu) ?

Your first task after deciding on a base is to collect resources.  You'll want to get your facilities built ASAP.  There is a dynamic spawner in place that spawns containers of various types, mostly cardboard boxes.  These are spawned in buildings.   Go to any town to find them.  They have an action on them to loot them.   Gather some materials, head back to base and deposit them at the base flag.  You'll now have it to build stuff.  When you get a HQ built you can spawn logistics missions, which is the "go drive the hemett to a shipping container" mission.   Bring it back to base and unload it.  Unbox it then dump it on the flag to get a good amount of goodies.    This will be your first hour or two of the mission.  After that you can build all the facilities to make merc life easier. Use the HQ to do the "main" missions.

Intel is collected off of dead  units.  Collect enough and it will spawn special intel missions.  Right now that means a HVT will be located nearby that you have a short window to get to and kill him.  I'll have more intel based missions in the future.

I have posts on page one if gathering resources is still a bit murky.

• Like 1

Thanks for the intro breakdown ATV -would you consider adding even an arbitrary AI recruitment system for the single (haveNolife) guys amongst us?

Sounds more like you should consider joining our group of casual Arma players and get in on some of the multiplayer shenanigans.

I'm thinking of giving the players even more things to do, in the form of side missions and bounties.

Bounties will be offers of "bring me some of XXXX".  Say like 3 enfields.  Or a couple Lost legion uniforms.

Side missions will start with talking to a random civilian in a town.   I'll explore doing some kind of NPC dialog system in order to support this.  Side missions will be multi-part to separate them from the main missions.

Ok, there's nothing pointing to that first task to gather ressources, nor any information about crates that spawn. So I didn't look for those. However, the first task I got was to defend a town against an assault. And there was not a single crate in any of the houses there. But I might just have overlooked them. I'll try it again. As a small request it would be good if there were some more informations about such things in the mission :)

But to give you some overall feedback, too: The mission runs very great! It's smooth and has great performance! The amount of enemies seems to be well balanced and difficulty feels pretty good. Very well done!

Edit: Oh, and unfortunately no mission like "go drive the hemett to a shipping container" came up for me.