Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Is ofp 2 even a reality?

The last official word I have seen from OFP was 2 lines in an interview done on a german fan site. Since then I havent seen any announcements, or word on a sequal being developed. Perhaps I just missed it, is OFP2 a reality?

So it would seem that the final word is that there is no word sad.gif It looks as though it remains up in the air as to if OFP2 is something we will ever see. confused.gif

Personaly, I wouldn't want a sequal. Now before you jump around going "is he crazy how could he not, this is the best game ever?" and, well, it probably is the best game ever, that's why we don't need a sequall. If there was an OFP2, it would render all the thousands of wonderful mods and modding techneques that took so long to master obsolite. What we need is another expantion/upgrade. The way this game is made it approaches limitless possiblities. I say more expantion/upgrades so all the work that has come from the OFP comunity is not lost. It doesn't have to be a very big thing. maybe just an island and campaign download with upgraded scripting commands. So is say in a very corny fassion in support of further infinite OFP enhancement by BIS and modders: "To Infinity, and Beyond!" wink.gif

You know, from my perspective that crazy Sidewinder dude is dead on. IMHO the graphics engine is a peach, the models can be ultra detailed and the terrain isnt UT2003 but it never will be. What we need is a MASSIVE addon costing Å30 that will redefine OFPs coding possibilities. I,e personal firearms being used from within vehicles. A TRUE dynamic campaign, proper water that allows submarines and collision detection improvements.

>A TRUE dynamic campaign, proper water that allows submarines >and collision detection improvements.

Most of the improvements that I'm looking for will require a new/modified engine. Due to the time/cash needed for development, I'm guessing we'll only see this engine in a sequel.

Talk of current addons being compatible with 'future BIS products' (to speculate) probably means that work/planning (please..:) has already begun on a follow-up.

I think BIS would be crazy not to make another OFP. And yes for those engine enhancements it wouldnt be in a patch... It would cost lots of money wink.gif So hopefully they are working on one confused.gif

I would like to see join in progress. Not that i think that it is how every multiplayer game should be, but in som circumstances it could be a nice option to missionmakers. It would make one of my wet dreams come true: a 12, 24 or 48 hour OFP game, making fatigue being a real factor on the players, and allowing the players to get the full potential from the change of day/night in OFP. This is teoretically possible today, but every time someone had a crash, they would be out of the game for the last 10 hours (or something like that) - that's when i need join in progress.

I dont get it.. what would you do for 24 hours in a single opflash game? If you're going for realism (which i'm assuming you are) you mean theres no respawning... sooooo huh?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NightHawkGTS @ Jan. 03 2003,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont get it.. what would you do for 24 hours in a single opflash game? If you're going for realism (which i'm assuming you are) you mean theres no respawning... sooooo huh?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, let's take this to the other extreme.

If you want realism, OFP should have an option that once you're killed in any MP game, you can never play MP again! biggrin.gif

think of it this way respawn isnt the same person but a reinforcement tounge.gif, full realsim uld need all the boring stuff like waiting around hours on end doing nothing thats realism for ya. JIP would allow indefinate games where u play sumthing lik rts where u could win in a few hours or it would take a week, day and night could be modeled in real time, u wouldnt play for all that time but ppl would take yr place, and in coops it would be nice to have a spec view and have the abilty for a human to take over a ai member if its playable and aviable. U want realism well jip would allow game types alot more realistic feelin than now, not yr 30min war of hold the silly flag.

Besides, JIP has been discussed a 1000 times over here and no one argues that, if it ever becomes available, there would have to be a host option to enable or disable it. So the server host would decide.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 04 2003,00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if it ever becomes available, there would have to be a host option to enable or disable it. So the server host would decide.<span id='postcolor'>

I would hope so, if not, then.....you know.....stuff.....

Imagine a game on a open server and suddenly a horde of 13year old joins midgame... wow.gif

"FUCK, I can`t jump, where`s the button for jumping!?!"

"Hey, Asshole, you`re cheating, you killed me with ONE shot!!"

"I want to fly! I want to fly!! I WANT TO FLY!!!"

"Aah, anyone seen some adrenaline pills here??"

"The combos don`t work, that game suckz!"

Something like that suddenly in the middle of a game... I don`t know, it would make it hard for me to concentrate wink.gif

adrenaline pills......lol......these days with teh American government and its "secret" studies, there should be adrenaline pills laying around in OFP wink.gif

I disagree with Sidewinder, if/when OFP2 gets released it won't be for a few years. This will give all the MODs going around now plenty of time to finish their projects.

All the people in MOD teams will have gained quite a lot of experience thus will be able to make cool things for OFP2.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Jan. 03 2003,09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Imagine a game on a open server and suddenly a horde of 13year old joins midgame...  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's why there would be an option to disable JIP.

Enabling it with password protection would allow inter-squad matches with maximum gaming time, if that's what they want.

And enabling it without password protection will give those 13 year old the places to play at without bothering to look at the more serious servers.

Optionally, it will give hosts who love to boot pesky children something to do in their spare time. biggrin.gif

tounge.gif BTW, FP, hate your new avatar. tounge.gif

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 03 2003,10wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">tounge.gif BTW, FP, hate your new avatar. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Cute, isn`t it?  tounge.giftounge.gif

imagine a game u play with a hoard of 13 yr olds on one team, they cause problems and leave and u play the rest of the game 9v4 with 5 waiting, true story, i play other games il2 sturmovik JIP no problems RTCW JIP no problems in fact ive found less dik heads in RTCW than my local ofp server. They will be their JIP or not, y should JIP open the flood gates for that the game dose not appeal to them what do u call BF1942 game play. What ever benifits the option of JIP brings like far far longer maps and no need to reassign because u drop players and most of all the fact that my local server would get used u may be happy with where u play but for us in the sothern hemisphere we only have on choce and open to all its still empty 99% of the time. 13 yr ol trouble makers is ez to stop u can ban them simple as.

Cmon hell's there aren't that many idiots at GP; granted I've been away from OFP since the HSC began like 15 weeks ago, but still...

you people just don't get it. And, Red I'm supprised such a member of the OFP community as you would say that. Everyone remember getting Resistance? It was like getting a new game, but BIS made sure everything old still worked(even if there were a few bugs to begin with)! So, you might say that since they already made a prequall add-on/ upgrade(that wasn't free), and you want OFP2, than why not another sale of an add-on/upgrade? DUH!(excuse the adrenaline pill surching, idiotic euphamism) wink.gif . A seperate sequall would for an unbridgeable rift in the OFP comunity. I use that adjective because Resistance may have, but it was bridgeable and anyone that likes CWS but doesn't have RES is a morron wow.gif