Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Why have i only just heard about this now... wow man 

 

Does this also have persistent server saves? 

 

I want to donate 😄 please keep at it this looks super cool 
Yep i gave in lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 1:27 AM, Tyl3r99 said:

Why have i only just heard about this now... wow man 

 

Does this also have persistent server saves? 

 

I want to donate 😄 please keep at it this looks super cool 
Yep i gave in lol 

Thank you! It's always a work in progress. I have a few changes I will want to push...once I move into my new home and can setup my PC instead of this work laptop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I mount handles on RHS weapons and respawne if I die, then I get stuck in the startup screen.

Then I have to go out first.

 

sorry for my bad English

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 10:18 PM, genesis92x said:

Thank you! It's always a work in progress. I have a few changes I will want to push...once I move into my new home and can setup my PC instead of this work laptop.

 

 

  So-  you've been moved in a couple weeks.  You will still plan to polish this some?    (😂)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dvdbrewster said:

 

 

  So-  you've been moved in a couple weeks.  You will still plan to polish this some?    (😂)

Haha yes, definitely. Vcom AI update first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Haha yes, definitely. Vcom AI update first.

 

  Excellent!  Great to Hear.  BTW  I tried out the 3.30 vcom vers in loaded into mission dissension 1.2  That is so kick=xxx.  Animations are so funny...   thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Genesis and everyone.

 

I have been loving this mission for quite a few months now. It has been the mission me(and my friends) have unknowingly been wanting since we discovered arma.

However, I remember you said somewhere(maybe this thread/Youtube/elsewhere) that it would possible to port this mission to other maps fairly easily. And with the upcoming fanmade DLC, is it possible you could convert it to the upcoming east/west germany map when it releases?

 

Thanks alot for making this mission.

 

On 2/12/2019 at 6:13 PM, SG_Bernd said:

If I mount handles on RHS weapons and respawne if I die, then I get stuck in the startup screen.

Then I have to go out first.

 

sorry for my bad English

 

To answer this, it has been troubling me as well. From what I found, it is a common bug already reported and made aware to the RHS team. They have a fix for it and it will be in the next patch, whenever they decide to release a new patch. Any weapon with the grip or potato handle attachment causes this, so just dont use those on your weapons in this mission and you are okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AbK7 said:

Hey Genesis and everyone.

 

I have been loving this mission for quite a few months now. It has been the mission me(and my friends) have unknowingly been wanting since we discovered arma.

However, I remember you said somewhere(maybe this thread/Youtube/elsewhere) that it would possible to port this mission to other maps fairly easily. And with the upcoming fanmade DLC, is it possible you could convert it to the upcoming east/west germany map when it releases?

 

Thanks alot for making this mission.

 

 

To answer this, it has been troubling me as well. From what I found, it is a common bug already reported and made aware to the RHS team. They have a fix for it and it will be in the next patch, whenever they decide to release a new patch. Any weapon with the grip or potato handle attachment causes this, so just dont use those on your weapons in this mission and you are okay.

 

I can make a video on how to port the mission, and no problem 🙂

 

The new Vcom AI update is coming along nicely, I do plan on updating Dissension again once I update Vcom AI

And that's an interesting bug for RHS... I've also have had some stability issues with RHS for long games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 7:31 PM, genesis92x said:

 

I can make a video on how to port the mission, and no problem 🙂

 

That would be very helpful. I have very little knowledge of editing missions/maps outside of renaming them and basic textfile pbo editing hehe.😛

 

 

To maybe provide some feedback aswell. Im not sure if its bug on my end or the mission. But I have personally often had issues with the Dissension Revive system. I love the feature, however over time it seems to "bug" out ai soldiers the longer the game goes on.

What seems to happen is that(pure speculation), ai soldiers get killed/downed and maybe revived again. However, it seems sometimes they get stuck, unable to move, in what looks like the "just revived, gun on their back" animation. So naturally after a longer game session, I will be looking around the map finding many lone ai solders scattered around the map like this(any side, blue, red, green). Lying on their stomach, seemingly stuck in the revived animation unable to move. By disabling the revive system seems to remove most of those occurances. It works flawlessly on the player side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 11:53 AM, AbK7 said:

That would be very helpful. I have very little knowledge of editing missions/maps outside of renaming them and basic textfile pbo editing hehe.😛

 

 

To maybe provide some feedback aswell. Im not sure if its bug on my end or the mission. But I have personally often had issues with the Dissension Revive system. I love the feature, however over time it seems to "bug" out ai soldiers the longer the game goes on.

What seems to happen is that(pure speculation), ai soldiers get killed/downed and maybe revived again. However, it seems sometimes they get stuck, unable to move, in what looks like the "just revived, gun on their back" animation. So naturally after a longer game session, I will be looking around the map finding many lone ai solders scattered around the map like this(any side, blue, red, green). Lying on their stomach, seemingly stuck in the revived animation unable to move. By disabling the revive system seems to remove most of those occurances. It works flawlessly on the player side.

Thanks for the report! I will take a look into this 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi genesis92x, i have a doubt. I read in past post that some people talk about Dissension 1.5 but i only see for download the 1.2 version.  Is the 1.2 the official version? Where i can get the 1.5?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandman1980 said:

Hi genesis92x, i have a doubt. I read in past post that some people talk about Dissension 1.5 but i only see for download the 1.2 version.  Is the 1.2 the official version? Where i can get the 1.5?

 

Thanks

Currently on steam I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I must be an idiot, but I absolutely cannot get this mod to load on my dedicated server. It just straight up won't load the map, I have no idea why. I'm a fairly experienced server host, but it's always been vanilla, so it could be a simple misconfiguration issue. Does anyone have a video showing how to install it? I can't find any, and I don't want to waste anybody's time by asking 30 troubleshooting questions haha. We don't really plan on using any other mods with it, if that matters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 11:57 PM, Raragodzilla said:

Sorry, I must be an idiot, but I absolutely cannot get this mod to load on my dedicated server. It just straight up won't load the map, I have no idea why. I'm a fairly experienced server host, but it's always been vanilla, so it could be a simple misconfiguration issue. Does anyone have a video showing how to install it? I can't find any, and I don't want to waste anybody's time by asking 30 troubleshooting questions haha. We don't really plan on using any other mods with it, if that matters

It should be as simple as putting it into the right missions folder and loading it :/ are you getting an error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi genesis92x

 

I've been away from ArmA3 for quite a while and started playing recently literally a couple of days as well as updating my warfare, warlord edits. Anyway i fired up dissension on my home server and on respawn the main concrete bunker was on top of a wall and other structures constructed on the roads.

 

I remember Kastenbier crcti would remove walls, trees and other obstructions with a cool and hilarious chainsaw sound. Any chance a similar kind of script/scripts which could remove such obstructions without a chainsaw sound obviously and a script to check for roads when building structures for example? 😉

 

Loving dissension otherwise genesis92x.

 

Regards,

 

LG 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hype train!!! 

 

 

Make sure you follow the development of the new dissension re-write from ground up everyone 👋👌

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 3:27 PM, Tyl3r99 said:

Hype train!!! 

 

 

Make sure you follow the development of the new dissension re-write from ground up everyone 👋👌

 

A rewrite?  Dang.  Can he give any details?  And is he taking suggestions?  I know from the previous version ai spawn bottlenecks was an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jandrews said:

 

A rewrite?  Dang.  Can he give any details?  And is he taking suggestions?  I know from the previous version ai spawn bottlenecks was an issue.

Yeah long story short hes re designing the entire thing from the ground up. 

 

Also featuring a new ai virtual caching system. So when their cached they can still move and have virtual battles so to speak. You can find most of the info on his YouTube streams. I'll post you a link of the Part 1 (out of 5 parts so far) when he streams it. 

 

 Hope this helps buddy 😬

 

Ps for suggestions you can either enter his discord or.. ive made a master suggestion post on his github 

 

https://github.com/genesis92x/Dissension/issues/3

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×