Sign in to follow this  
Vikingo

Russian btr70

Hi all!  Just read at ofp.gamezone.cz this :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great Russian addonmaker SEA DEMON released next (very nice in details) version of his "light armoured" addon: Russian BTR70. Many, many nice details are by this version<span id='postcolor'>

I download it and I like a lot this version (I think is Beta3)

Didn't see any other topic for this recent version so I open this one. Hope SEA DEMON will read our thoughts...

I like the addition of the periscopes inside cockpit and also the way the armored windows open/close (GREAT)

Hope the "optics" option key will be enabled in future versions (so you can use it like in tanks, I think is just a line inside the config.cpp). The only thing I "don't like" of this version are the ammo boxes on the side of the BTR... The fuel in the back are a nice touch but please think about the ammo boxes for the next version. Just my humble opinion. The model is great and the new details added are very nice.

Also can be good if you can change positions inside the unit. I mean when you are driver you can't go to gunner or back position. If you are in back you can go to driver and gunner.

Please keep this nice work.  Thanks!

The addon can be downloaded from here (main page)

1btr70_celek_s.jpg  2btr70_detail_s.jpg

Very nice indedd...but there is 1 weird thing: 1 of the weapons you get an option of taking from the vehicle (alnog with Strella, grenades etc. ) is "kick" confused.gif

Yeah, what´s that kick thing?

In the driver cockpit the windows look weird, and the muzzle flash has been darkened so that it looks very strange...plus those ammo boxes, they´re ok I guess, but are they supposed to be in such an exposed position? And the crew are Spets Natz with bandanas...riight.

Overall, a bit worse than the last beta. confused.gif

A definate imrovement to last version! But I'd rather not have such extensive amount of hardware as default cargo. Of course you can clear them with 'clearmagazinecargo this' command but still.

14.5mm sights are good addition but a bit mushy, looks like a it is drawn by hand. I'd also suggest you'd have something else as the crew than spetznaz, default crew or regular infantrymen would be so much better!

Anyway good work everall smile.gif

Gollum, to be honest last beta was utter crap this is way much better....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Dec. 13 2002,17:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, what´s that kick thing?

In the driver cockpit the windows look weird, and the muzzle flash has been darkened so that it looks very strange...plus those ammo boxes, they´re ok I guess, but are they supposed to be in such an exposed position? And the crew are Spets Natz with bandanas...riight.

Overall, a bit worse than the last beta. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hummm maybe I missed the last beta. I had a version where you could not see out the front when the windows were closed. Also it did not turn very well to the left and right. So I would say just that alone make it better then the old one.

There's a LOD missing from about 200-250m distance.

Edit: Also, the muzzle flash from the MG's is now blue, whilst in the older versions it was a yellowy orange and looked superb. I've noticed this on that new Browning pistol as well. Quite strange. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Dec. 13 2002,21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's a LOD missing from about 200-250m distance.

Edit: Also, the muzzle flash from the MG's is now blue, whilst in the older versions it was a yellowy orange and looked superb. I've noticed this on that new Browning pistol as well. Quite strange. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I noticed that missing LOD...that looks very bad considering that the previous beta didn't have that problem. On my computer the missing LOD starts to show at only around 50 meters...the whole thing then turns white. sad.gif

Other then that however I think it's fairly nice. Now if only they fixed the inside of the turret and made some kind of sites instead inside isntead of just some holes in the front.

I know you can hit V for the sites but I mean just the normal inside view. It still looks a bit rough, but since it's still a beta I guess I can't complain too much. Hopefully they'll get these issues fixed.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Bug report/improvement wanted from last beta post by me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This addon is going in the right direction, i really like it.

Here are some issues to look at.

- Scale (already mentioned).

- When "sailing" it floats a bit high.

Now its like this (this is in contact with bottom)

Should be like this

- Cockpit need work here's a display on how it should be.

- When closing window you should have the angle mirror as driving view, with use of the view button ("v" is default). Now you cant see anything.

- Gunner chair needs texture

- Turret. At this moment you have the turret as a turret with open holes that you can look out from. Should be something like this where you have some kind of optics on the right side (when looking at it from the front like on the picture). In the middle the 14.5mm KPVT MG (not mounted on picture) and on the left the 7.62mm PKT MG (not mounted on picture).

- Optics ("v" default) on gunner should be made a bit more clear. Its a little blurry at some places.

- Maybe add a commander next to the driver.

- Driver seems to be in conflict with something, he shakes a lot.

- Maybe move the sparewheel up on one of the holder's on the left or right or remove it so the water-jet exhaust is shown/clear. Not a must. Picture

- Exit/Entry doors not visible on either left or right side. Both inside and outside. Its places between the 2nd and 3rd wheel.

Picture

Well that should be it. Looking forward to the finished model.

<span id='postcolor'>

UPDATE

Scale

Scale is still way off. Its even a little bit lower than the BMP. As and example try place it between a BMP and the BRDM.

Sailing

Still a bit high, but better. Also seems that AI wont Sail/drive.

Cockpit/closing windows

Still needs more work. Good to see those angled mirrors but pls move them up a little so they arent in front of the window and add the view through them with the default "v" view like on the other vehicles that have them.

New pictures of cockpit

Gunner chair textures/Driver shakes

Fixed

Turret/Optics

Outside view port are correct now.

Inside should still have some kind off aiming device instead of the holes looking out. Tried searching for a picture but couldnt find any, but something like the BMP would be ok.

Also the aiming reticle is still blurry

And as a last thing maybe add some more detail to the barrels.

Commander

Would still like to see a commander

Sparewheel

Fixed  xmas.gif

Doors

Textured on the outside but not on the inside.

Other things.

-Muzzle flash as mentioned

-Some strange faces/planes or what they are called in the back when looking around.

-Missing outside textures from distance as mentioned

well thats it

I think it has that muzzle flash thing because it is, in OFP, a car. Remember Quakergamer's HMMVW MG pack? That had the same bug. Or DKM's Patria also had that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Dec. 14 2002,01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it has that muzzle flash thing because it is, in OFP, a car.<span id='postcolor'>

What muzzle flash thing do you mean? If it's about the blue flash then it's definitely been introduced in this latest release as the older betas didn't have this problem.

looks pretty sweet AKM74. Its about time somebody makes some more winter vehicles. xmas.gif

That winter version looks great. Please keep working on the standard one though to sort out the things that dkraver mentioned. xmas.gif

The winter version looks cool, I especially like how you have the soldiers sitting on top (is that a custom animation?).

But like Munger said you should finish the standard version first, it still needs some work.

Btw here is a link that might help. It is about the interior of the BRDM (couldnt find one on BTR's), but it should be very similar. And afaik the BTR-70 and BRDM have identical turrets.

Russian BRDM-2 Reconnaissance Vehicle

I will forward your comment to “sea demonâ€. The guy who did 90% work on this add-on. I only did exterior (long time ago).

I would just like to add that i am really impressed by this addon.

thanx dudes,

TopCover

Good work with this new version...the textures look quite a bit better, and the interior is much better smile.gif

Like some other people have said, the sight still needs a bit of work - it's not clear enough. The sound for the 14.5mm MG is damn good, but the PK sounds just a bit too heavy for 7.62mm.

In any case, a very good addon  xmas.gif

ooh, and the snow BTR looks very nice indeed!

Wow, that snow BTR looks amazing. The best part is those men sitting on the top (if only they could shoot...)

Keep on perfecting this addon, it is something that should have been in OFP since the beta demo! xmas.gif

Hi all !

xmas.gif   Modified Beta-3 is Ready to Download  xmas.gif

1btr70_celek_s.jpg

I start this topic the other day and I'm happy to see that many people enjoy this great addon by SEA DEMON like I do.

Now I want to let you know that I made a modification to the beta 3 of the addon (the one commented in this topic) -of course authorized by Sea Demon- and is ready to download and test ...

These are the changes introduced (more info inside the included readme)

** Model changes (O2):

-I move the front persicopes a little to the left and a little down for add the option of have  "optics" while you have the front armored windows closed. Now you can hit the "v" key and have optics like in other tanks of the game!  I have to move the periscopes to make better the optics view (in the original beta3 the periscopes hide a lot of the view)  Now I think they are in better position and have the option of optics clear a lot the view to drive BUT I like a lot the way the pericopes look inside cockpit and enjoy driving using them so please SEA DEMON don't change them in future versions.

-I move the SIDE periscopes of the cockpit UP from their original position to have them at the same line of the front ones and have much better view of the horizon line (to the left and the right sides).  

-I take out the "ammo boxes" from the side of the model because I didn't like them to much there hehe but I left the "fuel cans" on the side back.

-I fix "LOD 14.xxx" and now textures are right and you will don't have the "grey" textures but when you zoom out the model.

** Config.cpp Changes : (all changes introduced have a reference: "Vikingo Change" for easy search if you want to decode and check the config.cpp)

-I change optics. I add the drive optics and I change the gunner one with the original one of the Shilka of the game. I think it look more clear than the original one of the BTR70 beta 3. Like the Russian marks on it but the center was a little blurry.

-I take out the "kick" option bug

-I add two new sounds for when you get in/out the BTR70

Some pics are included in the ZIP file more check better the changes... Please check the full readme for more info and credits.

You can download the "modified beta 3" right here and please if you can add a mirror server for the file. Thanks!

Hope some of these modifications can be added in future official versions by SEA DEMON.

Hope you will like the changes and please post your comments about them tounge.gif

Vikingo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vikingo @ Dec. 18 2002,04:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi all !

xmas.gif   Modified Beta-3 is Ready to Download  xmas.gif

1btr70_celek_s.jpg

I start this topic the other day and I'm happy to see that many people enjoy this great addon by SEA DEMON like I do.

Now I want to let you know that I made a modification to the beta 3 of the addon (the one commented in this topic) -of course authorized by Sea Demon- and is ready to download and test ...

These are the changes introduced (more info inside the included readme)

** Model changes (O2):

-I move the front persicopes a little to the left and a little down for add the option of have  "optics" while you have the front armored windows closed. Now you can hit the "v" key and have optics like in other tanks of the game!  I have to move the periscopes to make better the optics view (in the original beta3 the periscopes hide a lot of the view)  Now I think they are in better position and have the option of optics clear a lot the view to drive BUT I like a lot the way the pericopes look inside cockpit and enjoy driving using them so please SEA DEMON don't change them in future versions.

-I move the SIDE periscopes of the cockpit UP from their original position to have them at the same line of the front ones and have much better view of the horizon line (to the left and the right sides).  

-I take out the "ammo boxes" from the side of the model because I didn't like them to much there hehe but I left the "fuel cans" on the side back.

-I fix "LOD 14.xxx" and now textures are right and you will don't have the "grey" textures but when you zoom out the model.

** Config.cpp Changes : (all changes introduced have a reference: "Vikingo Change" for easy search if you want to decode and check the config.cpp)

-I change optics. I add the drive optics and I change the gunner one with the original one of the Shilka of the game. I think it look more clear than the original one of the BTR70 beta 3. Like the Russian marks on it but the center was a little blurry.

-I take out the "kick" option bug

-I add two new sounds for when you get in/out the BTR70

Some pics are included in the ZIP file more check better the changes... Please check the full readme for more info and credits.

You can download the "modified beta 3" right here and please if you can add a mirror server for the file. Thanks!

Hope some of these modifications can be added in future official versions by SEA DEMON.

Hope you will like the changes and please post your comments about them tounge.gif

Vikingo<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for helping Sea Demon out Vinkingo! You made all the changes that I also wanted to see. Thanks!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

che vikingo, esto es para el resistance, no?, nunca un pensemos en los pobres que estan muertos con el cambio del verde y no pueden pasar de la 1.46, saludos