HAL REINFORCEMENTS [NR6]

Current features: 

-Spawn of reinforcements at a defined spawn point per side once the defined side has reached a certain threshold of casualties;

-User defined radius and position of spawn point;

-Safe position function used to avoid accidents during spawns;

-Diversity in spawning forces (varies from armored platoons to infantry teams);

-User defined threshold for spawn;

-User defined number of groups spawned by reinforcement wave;

-User defined total available number of groups for reinforcements;

-Randomized spawns from pools for diverse reinforcements;

-Message from Leader when reinforcements have arrived with grid position.

Current limitations:

- Only suitable for scenarios where LeaderHQ and LeaderHQB are BLUFOR while LeaderHQC and LeaderHQD are OPFOR with compatibility with Big Boss (2 leaders per side). Note that it can be used without HAL as well if you just want an enemy spawn at a threshold and can also be used with only 1 leader per side (LeaderHQ BLUFOR vs LeaderHQC OPFOR);

-Can only be used with "Control All" and "Synchronized Only" control modes for leaders;

-If you do not have all the leaders placed (ABCD) you will get an error on the debug, ignore it. Trying to find a workaround but it does not affect the script itself;

-If you are using only one leader per side, you must use LeaderHQ vs LeaderHQC as other functions might not work;

-Currently only certain factions from mods and from the game are available;

-I have not added support for INDEPENDENT (GREEN) side yet so only use in BLUFOR VS OPFOR scenarios for now;

I will most probably make an official release of it as a separate mod as it will get more visibility than a simple forum comment but I'd like to know what you guys think of it.

It would be run placing this on the init.sqf or any entity's init:

[Side (No quotes, west or east), Strength (In number of groups per spawn from 1 to 10), Spawning Point (In [x,y,z] format or using (getpos x) where x is whatever object you want to use as entry point), Spawning Radius (In meters, recommended 100 to 700 depending on Strength), Available Forces (In numbers of groups), Faction (With quotes, see names in instruction), Threshold (From 0 to 1)] execVM "ReinforcementsNR6.sqf";

I've tested it and it's been working as expected so far.

EDIT: Nevermind the limitations. Rewrote the script and much more will be functional in the first official release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, glad to see hetman still being worked on.

One thing I was always missing from Hetman is the control over attack planes and helicopters. It would be nice if HAL used them in even the most basic manner by ordering them to loiter somewhere away and then call them in to strike targets or just on general Search and Destroy where thy can just fly around and be a nuisance.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the delays. I'm currently overwhelmed with work in my studies and have been in this situation for a few weeks. I will try to release a new version of HAL and the reinforcements script latest this weekend.

When you get the time if you have a sample mission laying around id like to give it a whirl

I made dozens that use different mods such as CUP, RHS, OPTRE, SWOP, MEOP and Project OPFOR. I'll post a bunch so you guys can see how I usually set up large scale battlefield scenarios. Keep in mind that I often use ZBE Cache in my missions to make it playable as 600+ AI is rough on the Arma 3 engine. I've also created an optimized version of ZBE for HAL to work with the cargo system dynamically (for personal use) and I have to contact the author of ZBE before releasing it to you guys. It really improves the game so I'm hoping that works out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, another update on the reinforcements script! Most of the limitations of the script have been worked around and optimized with the exception of the INDEPENDENT support which I will add on a later update. I'm almost off school for the summer and I will have more time to work on these scripts when I'm not at work. Sorry for the lack of updates, I've had a lot going on of late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2018 at 7:03 AM, taro8 said:

Hey, glad to see hetman still being worked on.

One thing I was always missing from Hetman is the control over attack planes and helicopters. It would be nice if HAL used them in even the most basic manner by ordering them to loiter somewhere away and then call them in to strike targets or just on general Search and Destroy where thy can just fly around and be a nuisance.

Actually, as far as I've observed, HAL does use them in a similar manner. If you give them an attack helicopter to control, the AI Leader will send it to attack known enemy forces and this can be adjusted using the config variables. Similar behavior can be seen with jets. There's also CAP missions that are issued during defensive phases.

• Thanks 1

Hey was wondering if this makes any special use of troops like Spec Ops/Snipers? I have a mini mod that gives them special abilities ie increased aim/faster animations etc and would be cool to see them dynamically carrying out their own operations in a intelligent overlord sort of way. I also use radio voices/text for both their speech and normal troops reactions to them

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 11:11 PM, froggyluv said:

Hey was wondering if this makes any special use of troops like Spec Ops/Snipers? I have a mini mod that gives them special abilities ie increased aim/faster animations etc and would be cool to see them dynamically carrying out their own operations in a intelligent overlord sort of way. I also use radio voices/text for both their speech and normal troops reactions to them

HAL does use Spec Ops and Sniper groups for missions though their objectives vary. Spec Ops are usually used for special missions and spend most of their time waiting at base until their commander marks a target fit for them. Sniper groups, on the other hand, are sent usually against other infantry groups in conjunction with other infantry or armored groups. They have more of a support role in both cases.

• Like 1

Reinforcements script has been released at last!

I will add samples of missions I have made possibly tomorrow if my schedule allows it. Might also include a small update to HAL which includes minor optimization and some fixes in terms of task names.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

NEW VERSION UPDATE:

Today I have updated Hal to V1.23.3. In addition, I have added a sample and template pack for mission building and have released NR6 Reinforcements and NR6 ZBE_Cache (both also included in the sample pack for convenience).

Links to new releases included in main post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2018 at 2:47 PM, NinjaRider600 said:

Note: Most of these samples use CUP and RHS. If you want a clear demo of how I usually setup missions, use the Stratis sample and the template included in the pack.

Not seeing a Stratis sample in this pack...the other missions all have various dependencies outside of RHS/CUP like ACE, ASR and some other ones. I dont mind the RHS/Cup but some of the others are obscure

9 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Not seeing a Stratis sample in this pack...the other missions all have various dependencies outside of RHS/CUP like ACE, ASR and some other ones. I dont mind the RHS/Cup but some of the others are obscure

I'll strip other dependencies out of the missions then and repost it. And yes :facepalm: I forgot to include the stratis one. I'm reposting it now. Sorry for that.

Sample pack reuploaded with no addon dependencies in mission files and stratis included. Note that if you load a mission which uses CUP for example but from which I have removed dependencies and that you do not have CUP installed, the mission will load but the concerned units won't appear. Same logic applies to most addons except the "obscure" ones you were talking about as they are side addons that have no direct impact in the mission.

• Like 2

When i use zbe-cache with HAL i experience, that the hal commander doesn't send the proper reinforcements, it feels like it doesn't calculate the right number of enemy forces when the units are cached. 

Does zbe-cache work with your version?

15 minutes ago, sixt said:

When i use zbe-cache with HAL i experience, that the hal commander doesn't send the proper reinforcements, it feels like it doesn't calculate the right number of enemy forces when the units are cached. 

Does zbe-cache work with your version?

The cached units, even in the original ZBE, are still present in the game so as far as scripting, the number of attack groups to be sent should be right. When you say reinforcements you mean issued attack missions? Because then yes, it should calculate it right as the units also unache themselves as soon as they are in combat or they spot hostiles. A possible problem could be with V1.23s WIP variables. In that case I'd advise trying to replicate the bug with 1.22.4. Also try my version of ZBE_cache because if its a problem with vehicles not moving and following orders then this will fix it.

i will try it see if it works :-)

And thank you for your work on this

No problem. I know discussion on the main HAL thread for 1.23 did bring up issues with capture and recon missions being sent in wrong numbers but I have never witnessed the problem with attack missions using ZBE. Something you could also try would be to set manually the number of squads per type to be sent against an enemy squad using the config variables of HAL. Either way, I'm interested to see what is the cause.

1 hour ago, kremator said:

+1 with the vanilla mission please @NinjaRider600.  Current mission group has OPTRE, CUP and ACE :(  

1st post update has vanilla Stratis mission in it

• Like 3

Here are a couple of extra templates for a simple HETMAN mission with a few extras added. The templates are the same apart from one includes the ZBE Cache system. They should both be free of dependencies.

In the basic mission you can observe the battle and watch how HETMAN uses the information you supply by sending troops and vehicles and by calling in artillery and attack helicopters. If you want a challenge go and take out the enemy leader, he's armed with a pistol and wearing a black beret. If you can find their artillery HETMAN will probably order a strike against it.

Features:

War Stories 0 - 8 support menu

Watch the war like a movie, turn the group markers on or off or disable fatigue effects

ZEUS

All preplaced units added. Team switch to the construction worker and see the orders the commanders are issuing. Or add some more units to your chosen side. Units of a type not present at the start of the mission may behave strangely.

Ive also made some RHQ changes so now all stock artillery works.

Usage:

Go to your documents folder\arma\missions and unpack the files. Open in the editor and press play to start. Edit the mission as you wish.

Thanks to Rydygier for creating HETMAN and allowing me to port the War Stories features and to NinjaRider600 for keeping this awesome mod alive.

Mack

Regular:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N8zMulbArmZY-zCEFXDC81Wct3-es_fo/view?usp=sharing

ZBE Cache:

Cache distance set to 1500m. I recommend setting your view distance to the same.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15EMrLkj2V7vazTgoF0smINft3Uow6hYE/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Mack.
view distance comment and spelling corrections
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've actually considered making it as an add-on that uses modules but realized it was counter productive for a few reasons. Firstly, Hal has dozens and dozens of varying config variables that sometimes can get complex and including all those in modules would be tedious and probably more complicated to use. Secondly, by making Hal an add-on, it makes it a dependency for the mission and all players wanting to join in would need to have it installed as well. So considering these cons I personally didn't find porting it into modules worth it.