Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

no one has said its died, its very much alive and kicking, its just the site hasnt been updated which , as i said 1st time, isnt good

well...

that's great you all are alive...

now, if you need info about harries and other stuff like falkland footage videos and pdfs, just pm me, i will always be glad to help everyone, offcourse if i can...

to whom of the Falklands Mod i should send the link, for downloading the informative stuff what i have? smile_o.gif

P.S. uploading in www.yousendit.com...

Falklands Mod people promised a Mod release "on mid-2005..."

It's already August 2005 and still no Falklands Mod.

Guest major gandhi

When you consider the fact that the whole team is working on this really big project onlly in their freetime, that they sacrificed numerous valuable hours to work on this mod while not getting paid at all and having to handle their real jobs and real life as well, it's applaudable how far the Mod has come so far!!!

So you can't expect a Mod that is run by people who are doing it as a "hobby" to keep release dates or accomplish everything what they've said. Even Game companies often can't do that.

So be happy with what you get when it's released.

Quote[/b] ]When you consider the fact that the whole team is working on this really big project onlly in their freetime, that they sacrificed numerous valuable hours to work on this mod while not getting paid at all and having to handle their real jobs and real life as well, it's applaudable how far the Mod has come so far!!!

So you can't expect a Mod that is run by people who are doing it as a "hobby" to keep release dates or accomplish everything what they've said. Even Game companies often can't do that.

So be happy with what you get when it's released.

the fact people are anxious about the mod is a tribute to how good it is wink_o.gif

so be quiet

Yeh, please dont start the "When will it be released, can't wait" "THEIR DOING IT IN THE FREE TIME, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ASK THAT" argument please confused_o.gif (Look at, well, any big mod thread that hasn't been released yet, best example being the Inv44 thread).. Or any argument towards that comment icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm sure their still working on it, and it's best to assume that untill they say otherwise smile_o.gif

Anyway, an update as to what still has to be done would be nice, and would stop people asking for release dates tounge2.gif

So.. Falklands mod team? Read above.... tounge2.gif

- Ben

and i just asked whoom to give info what i have...

please, cut that out, mod will be released when team will want that... in mean time, i'm prepared to wait and help...

CBFASI

link was sent to you by the PM, check it when you can... wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

I wonder how many times "that same question" can be asked in different ways...

Unfortunatley for many of the FLK team, myself included. Life has just gotten to be a problem. it just keeps interferring with our time. Who knew?

The project is still very much alive and a lot of work has and still is going on. Some of it is optimising of units, because we all know how forgiving this community is of bugs. The rest is making new and accurate addons that fit into the story line.

I know the majority will be happy to wait and see, but its the minority that prove rather to impatient. Give it a few days and i know you'll get some more eye candy.

Looks good guys, first time i posted here but i had my eye on this project for a while. Hey is these rumours im hearing true about you guys having destructble buildings? or just people being wishful minded?

Well one of the Falklands mod memebers said very deffintly in a thread that they were including a cut-down version of the DIB Buildings-project in the falklands (I mentioned something about the DIB project possibly being dead due to it turning into a VBS1 module)

It was on OFPEC.com's forum I'm sure

But, I could well be wrong tounge2.gif

- Ben

Guest RKSL-Rock
Well one of the Falklands mod memebers said very deffintly in a thread that they were including a cut-down version of the DIB Buildings-project in the falklands (I mentioned something about the DIB project possibly being dead due to it turning into a VBS1 module)

It was on OFPEC.com's forum I'm sure

But, I could well be wrong tounge2.gif

- Ben

It was me that siad that DIB wasnt being used in FLK. Infact i was both right and wrong. A cut down version is planned for mission critical buildings but not all buildings

DIB itself is Col Klink's own project. You'd have to talk to him about its status.

Stop.

You are not going to turn this thread into a "waah waaah where's my promised toys?!" thread. You, and people like you have done this to practically every mod maker, ECP and I44 to name only 2. I'm sick of seing this complete BS pop up in any thread of a project taking more than 2 weeks.

So what if it is not ready yet? Really, what can you do about it? I am seeing some kind of threat in what you say, but can't work out exactly how you intend to get a mod which is not finished yet but is being worked on to get their quicker by saying that. Like we've been sitting on the completed mod for the last 7 months and you just reminded us that it should be released?

You were not promised a release in mid-2005, that was always stated as a hopeful release date. In the 4 years this project has been going life has become extremely difficult to still participate in the mod for some members, it is difficult to keep anything together for such a long time, but then I wouldn't expect you to know that as you've probably never been part of anything for more than a day before quitting.

You have simply no grounds to question the team's comittment. Question mine all you want, but I'll not stand for this crap against a bunch of guys who are doing this stuff almost totally for YOU.

Fatcroc you really don't want to be making statments like that to the people you want addons from, it doesn't and never has worked that way.

Sometimes the community is worse than the press, trying to create stories of scandall and drama. Not here you don't, and to stop you, here are the only facts anyone needs to concern themselves with.

1. FLK mod is progressing at the same speed it has been since launch.

2. EVERY member of the team wants to see it released.

3. We cannot and never have promised concrete release dates. We have only said when we thought it might be out. That didn't come to reality, get over it.

4. We will not stop working on it till it is released, if you want to kill the mod, keep going with this crap.

Move on to the next mod to harrass, it's not this one.

Calm down a bit jag mate. I know how annoying it is, but you have to ignore people who say it. That's why most mod threads get into arguments, because people take up the gauntlet and start arguing over "when's it done", "when it's ready" stuff.

To everyone else.

No one knows when the mod will be ready and/or released. So, please don't ask as you will only subject yourself to numerous insults and flames. Also, by asking, you will stop the team working for a short, but valuable bit of time with which they can complete the mod.

And more on topic, When the release of Armed Assault arrives, what will the mod be doing, as in staying with the original game/resistance, moving into armed assault, or what?

Guest RKSL-Rock
...And more on topic, When the release of Armed Assault arrives, what will the mod be doing, as in staying with the original game/resistance, moving into armed assault, or what?

I really dont know. To be honest I cant imagine many people will "stay" in resistance for very long once ArA comes out.

...And more on topic, When the release of Armed Assault arrives, what will the mod be doing, as in staying with the original game/resistance, moving into armed assault, or what?

I really dont know.  To be honest I cant imagine many people will "stay" in resistance for very long once ArA comes out.

Those of us that haven't gotten round to upgrading our PC will crazy_o.gif

I've been following this Mod's progress since I first found out about the OFP community in the beginning of 2002, and I'm still confident that it's well worth the wait.

In the mean time there's always MLV mods beta release to fiddle about with, not to mention those FLK beta relases of the Sea Harrier and Mirage. wink_o.gif

CBFASI

link was sent to you by the PM, check it when you can... wink_o.gif

Received, soem very good info, although it turns out others have the same info, but the team didnt know it as a whole.

BIG thanks.

As some of you have noticed its appearing quite quiet. Most of what is being done is non-visual at the moment and that one of the bigger reasons, the other reason is here in the UK its SUMMER and a number of us have been on holiday including me.

15412.jpg

The OFPCenter is proudly to announced a interview with the Operation in Falklands Mod.

But we need your Questions about the Mod.

Tell us what you want to know about the Mod.

get more informations:

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>here</span>

RUMOURS

Many rumours are currently going around about the status of this mod and its staff.

Heres the facts....

(anyone knowing me will know that I wont tell you otherwise, its not worth the hassle)

Ash is on extended leave and will be returning, he has NOT given up the mod, just needs to focus on some other matters.

I am covering in his absence and the team is still working away.

Yes its been very quiet from us, mainly down to it being the summer here in the UK and a number of us have taken a few breaks.  We have been working away although a little slower than everyone else seems to expect.

Many of the things we are now working on are those items which we kept avoiding due to things such as a lack of decent referance material, believe me its hard work.

I have intentions of doing a news update before the end of Sunday (UK time) so please be patiant and also please stop feeding the sad rumours that are false.

CB..

(also anyone knowing me knows I cant spell)

As some know I'm part of FLK

I started a few years ago and a week after I started FLK, I came into my first job which was arable contracting. Which meant long hours and virtually no spare time. Coupled with boozing weekends and all that other stuff young people do, there was very little time for the mod.

I then went to North America (I'm from New Zealand) for 6 months on a harvesting cew. Came back to my same job, no time etc.

I'm now in the UK, where most of the mod people are from and do not have a computer here thats mine to install the modelling software.

What I'm trying to say is it's just an example of how one members time is very restricted to what he can do. I very much love the mod. But my personal life does come first. This is what some people don't realise. We work when we want to work. If you don't like it, take it elsewhere because we don't want to hear it.

As far as rumours go, well rumours are just that.

Nick

Falklands Modeller

[...]But my personal life does come first.[...]

As far as rumours go, well rumours are just that.

You say it!

and i believe in the Mod.

You have made great addons [seeing in the Lynx or the Mirage Addon (and the others of course)] and you will make great Addons! wink_o.gif

Raptor smile_o.gif

Various views of Falkland Mounts overlooking Port Stanley

FkPost01T.jpg

Stanley At Dawn, with Airport view and shots of terrain to the north

FkPost02T.jpg

Buildings progress in Stanley, including 'building blocks'

FkPost03T.jpg

GDF-002 in action, Day & Night

FkPost04T.jpg

Updated Merchant Transports

FkPost05T.jpg

WIP C130 Hercules C1 (Brand new model)