DÄZ

[Release] =DAZ= GUI POWER PLANT

Hello, this is my first published script, it allows you to turn off the lights via the ACE interaction. I created this script for one of our missions, with the idea of a puzzle game.

- Access by passwords (modifiable in the init) 
- Hacking passwords
- Power Plant Puzzle (GUI) menu 
- Works on every map (including unofficial ones) 
- Works in SP and MP 
- Works on dedicated

Download Ace Version:

Sample mission available on Steam Workshop

Sample mission available on Google Drive

Sample mission available on armaholic  Rename :DAZ_Power_Plant_BCM_V1.1.Altis to DAZ_Power_Plant_BCM_V1_1.Altis

Download Vanilla Version:

Sample mission available on Google Drive

Sample mission available on armaholic Rename : DAZ_Hack_Power_Plant_Vanilla_BCM_V1.1.Altis to DAZ_Hack_Power_Plant_Vanilla_BCM_V1_1.Altis

Download (PAA file) :  (by zagor64bz)

"access to pc authorized or denied" in English --> HERE

CHANGE-LOGS:

V1.1

• Optimization of the script to turn off the lights. Thanks code34

V1

• Initial release

Enjoy!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Nice job.

To be honest though, I like the orange light even more than that puzzle. :supercool:

• Like 1

Not sure if I'm simply being stupid, but I can can't seem to find any included documentation that explains the implementation of the script into a mission.

I just attempted to do it in a mission that I'm working on.

1. I defined the password but it still gives a different upon hacking. (Solved)

2. All language used in-game via the script is not in English (Which is a bummer) (Went through the script, can be changed in: fn_hack_courant_Action.sqf)

3. It does not seem to shut off any lamps or anything such as that. (Shuts down most of them, does not shut off all on Namalsk, I defined a marker already used for alive in fn_lights_off.sqf)

Would be nice you can provide documentation for the script.

On 01/11/2017 at 9:06 AM, Ellman said:

Not sure if I'm simply being stupid, but I can can't seem to find any included documentation that explains the implementation of the script into a mission.

I just attempted to do it in a mission that I'm working on.

hi,

you just need to copy the folder "DAZ_BCM_POWER_PLANT" to the root of your mission folder and use the example of init.sqf and description.ext and paste the lines on your own, and name the object (PC): pc_lumiere_off.

2. All language used in-game via the script is not in English (Which is a bummer) (Went through the script, can be changed in: fn_hack_courant_Action.sqf)

Yes, edit "fn_hack_courant_Action.sqf" in your native language.

3. It does not seem to shut off any lamps or anything such as that. (Shuts down most of them, does not shut off all on Namalsk, I defined a marker already used for alive in fn_lights_off.sqf)

Add the Namalsk className in "fn_lights_off.sqf".

_types = ["Lamps_Base_F", "PowerLines_base_F", "A3_Air_F_Heli_Light_01", "A3_Structures_F_Civ_Lamps", "A3_Structures_F_Items_Electronics", "Land_LampHarbour_F", "Land_LampHalogen_F", "Land_i_Shed_Ind_F", "Land_LampStreet_small_F","Land_PowerPoleWooden_L_F"];

In the console I use the command:

player addAction ["<t color='#0000FF'>Name", {
			_target = cursorTarget;
			_string = typeOf _target;
			hint str _string;
			copyToClipboard str _string;
		},  "", 10, false, false];

peace.

is this script work with altis life 5.0??? if so can't u explain how to install?

- Works on every map (including unofficial ones) 
- Works in SP and MP 
- Works on dedicated

I would guess yes - it would.

Download the sample mission and have a look? Link is in the first post.

• Thanks 2

add vanilla version

• Like 1

Excellent work man!

Is it possible to remove the Hack part? I want to set a specific password for the player which can be found on a separate location/task/intel on body.

EDIT: nevermind...got it working..and I feel dumb now...

For anyone interested how, it was super easy:

-on fn_mdp_elec.sqf 

comment out from line 30 on

//removeAllActions _objet_Hack;

//sleep 0.1;
		//_objet_Hack addAction ["<t color='#FF0000'>Hack the PC</t>", {[pc_lumiere_off] spawn DAZ_BCM_fnc_hack_courant_action}];

Set your password in the "init.sqf" of your mission and you're done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

with pleasure :hehe:

hi

nice work. you should put it on github that we can send pull request to fix some issue.

_types = ["Lamps_Base_F", "PowerLines_base_F", "A3_Air_F_Heli_Light_01", "A3_Structures_F_Civ_Lamps", "A3_Structures_F_Items_Electronics", "Land_LampHarbour_F", "Land_LampHalogen_F", "Land_i_Shed_Ind_F", "Land_LampStreet_small_F","Land_PowerPoleWooden_L_F"];
_onoff = _this select 0;

for [{_i=0},{_i < (count _types)},{_i=_i+1}] do
{
	_lamps = getMarkerPos "lightMarkerTest" nearObjects [_types select _i, 1500];
	sleep 1;
	{_x setDamage _onoff} forEach _lamps;
};

you should not use C Syntax, cause it has an heavy performance cost. Simply use foreach _types, or count _types is better or at least a simple for syntax.

Anyway at this place, no loop is required , you can use nearestObjects [position, types, radius, 2Dmode] instead

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, code34 said:

hi

nice work. you should put it on github that we can send pull request to fix some issue.

_onoff = _this select 0;

for [{_i=0},{_i < (count _types)},{_i=_i+1}] do
{
	_lamps = getMarkerPos "lightMarkerTest" nearObjects [_types select _i, 1500];
	sleep 1;
};

you should not use C Syntax, cause it has an heavy performance cost. Simply use foreach _types, or count _types is better or at least a simple for syntax.

Anyway at this place, no loop is required , you can use nearestObjects [position, types, radius, 2Dmode] instead

hi,

Thank you for your advice, I only have the basics in script, do you have an example to give me

something like that :)

_lamps = nearestObjects [(getMarkerPos "lightMarkerTest"), _types, 1500];
sleep 1;

you can also normaly use this command on lamps to turn them off , if you dont want to destroy all the infrastructure :D

{_x switchLight "off";} forEach _lamps;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, code34 said:

thank you very much for the example, I will try it and update it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update:

Optimization of the script to turn off the lights. Thanks code34

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

For anyone in need of the "access to pc authorized or denied" in English, I retextured the 2 PAA file.I hope you don't mind DAZ....

hack_access_ok

hack_Access_Refu

no problem

• Like 2

Really nice script DAZ  !! - thanks

• Like 1

@DÄZ - maybe too much  asked - We would like to include your powerplant scrip in WWII environment but a PC doesnt fit as you will realize. Will it be a big deal to make some changes and change the PC as a controll panel for example  - please to hear - thanks

2 hours ago, Spoor said:

@DÄZ - maybe too much  asked - We would like to include your powerplant scrip in WWII environment but a PC doesnt fit as you will realize. Will it be a big deal to make some changes and change the PC as a controll panel for example  - please to hear - thanks

hi, free of imagination to use it or whatever you want. Would you like to use it in Ace or Vanillia? for your use you can // the lines .paa (setObjectTexture) in the fnc folder and use an addaction on controll panel or other object with

this addAction ["power plant", {createDialog "DAZ_Power_Plan";}];

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@DÄZ - thanks yr message I'm using Ace - will check your suggestion as above - thanks