Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Guard dog (static)

Someone has fianlly made a guard dog for OFP.

Admittedly, it is static, and doesn't do anything, but it's good secenery, and with some scripting could be used to simulate an active guard dog.

Grab it @ OpFlashpoint.org - here.

112520023284379.jpg

Hi All,

Yeah i just tryed it out,it's ok for the look of a dog and is nice when you add dog sounds using a trigger!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

"Starts singing..."who let the dogs out"Woof Woof Woof Woof Woof" biggrin.gif

nice work...would be extra kewl if you could add some sort of annimation for the dog barking...perhaps something like the dog barking and rearing up as if to try and pull away from a chain or leash...also, the ability to destroy the animal would be good as well. Most certainly a good start! Nice work!

Tip of the day:

Put 4 Wheels under the legs of the dog, and at least it starts to roll, instead of only being static.

However... It's a cute dog!... What's it's name??  biggrin.gif

hehe.. imagine a couple guard dogs chasing you back up into the woods on an infiltration mission tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Nov. 25 2002,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hehe.. imagine a couple guard dogs chasing you back up into the woods on an infiltration mission tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Can someone write a CLIMB UP TREE action command script? tounge.gif

What happens if you plant a satch under the dog and blow it? How far does the dog fly?

(Sorry, didn't DL or played with it yet)

-=Die Alive=-

Wow great! This will make missions better, and when you get around to add animation (I know biped animation or whatever they call it is a nightmare, though), imagine hiding and running from those guard dogs! *shiver*

LMAO @ "Throw decoy steak" !! biggrin.gif

Edit: Tried to blow it up (shame on me, whatever):

(warning! big files for 56k´ers - about 180kb each)

First look at dog

Blowing up 3 Satchels under dog

Taraa, SUPERDOG!!

biggrin.gif

Hidden:

LOL your avatar is the cat from that damn popup ad. I saved it too smile.gif

Everyone else:

the dog seems to be a static object like a building... if it was a pallet or somethign it would go up in the air.

I have a dog, anyone want to model a golden retriever?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Nov. 25 2002,20:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What happens if you plant a satch under the dog and blow it? How far does the dog fly?

(Sorry, didn't DL or played with it yet)

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing...I tried it, completely indestructable.

Hey! What's going on here?? wow.gif

I'm member in 2 "save the animal" organisations!

I couldn't believe what you are doing with that cute dogs!

Stop bombing or shooting that harmless little static dogs, ok?!

They're harmless!!

Alternatively one could at least make sum kind of static armour pack for those innocent kind of animals! Sumthing like a kevlar component for their body and probably a helmet!?  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GeneralMortars @ Nov. 26 2002,14:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Alternatively one could at least make sum kind of static armour pack for those innocent kind of animals! Sumthing like a kevlar component for their body and probably a helmet!?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

barnarmy.JPG

Watch out, Spetzcats! wow.gif

Try putting the dog around a corner with trigger so that when you close in and run around the corner, it starts barking at you. If you didn´t know it was there, you will jump sky-high, promise! biggrin.gif

And oh, if you make a mission using that dog, make it so that whenever you get close to it and it starts barking, the enemies will know it has spotted something.

Good boy Cujo, good boy..   wow.gif

Hidden have you tried the new version?? all im saying no need for triggers wink.gif

All I can say is: Woof woof! biggrin.gif

Nice addition! It will be fun using that dog in night missions.. *rrRrr... rrRRRRrr...* you: wtf..? (getting scared), then when you get close to it: *Roarr!!* biggrin.gif

Why didn´t you use This sample instead? Surely people would run away as fast as they could! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ Nov. 26 2002,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hi guys i thought that dog would add summit to ofp eventhough its only static, i put its armour high due to the fact it would crumple and smoke when destroyed, btw the latest version has some attitude

http://www.kevbaz.com/BAZ_GUARGDOG.zip

1.75 <

http://www.kevbaz.com/Baz_Guarddogofp.zip<span id='postcolor'>

Can we get one that barks real loud? the growl is very low and won't alert other players.

also, I get an error that "Dawgsound is not found" when it run it with Dynamic Range (but fine with regular sounds). any ideas?

now somebody should make a static deer. since its static just make it so that the deer would be looking left as if he's looking something, like the bright lights of a incoming 5 ton truck biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 29 2002,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about a horse based on the motorcyle class?<span id='postcolor'>

Or a pig or cow and have rodeos tounge.gif