Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Die another day

Has anyone seen the 20th Bond film yet? Looking forward to it, probably see it tommaro.

I saw it... No Q sad.gif But It was pretty good, not a Goldfinger or a Moonraker though.... Its about as good as Golden eye was...

i hope its better than The World is not Enough. man that one was crap.

being a bond movie expect no realism and such. Anyhow I loved it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> James Bond (Pierce Brosnan) still gets around. In the 20th installment of the world's longest-running movie franchise, he pops up in North Korea (where he's tortured and grows a shaggy beard), Hong Kong, London (where M disowns him), Cuba and Iceland (where he foils yet another villain's plan for world domination). What he can't foil is time itself. In Lee Tamahori's flat, distreeingly witless "Die Another Day," every-body's favorite secret agent has finally met his match: the 21st century. In the age of "The Matrix" the stunts and explosions fail to get the heart pumping. the sexual innuendo barely passes high school. The bad guys have lost their camp grandeur. And even Halle Berry in a bikini can't rescue the Bond Girl from terminal anachronism. To put it bluntly-the thrill is gone.Nobody did it better.But that was then.<span id='postcolor'>

a rather bitter review, any truth to this?

Why do they still make james bond movies ? They are the most boring and lame type of action movies i have ever seen.It's really mostly BS with stupid stunts to get people to like it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Nov. 23 2002,09:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do they still make james bond movies ? They are the most boring and lame type of action movies i have ever seen.It's really mostly BS with stupid stunts to get people to like it.<span id='postcolor'>

u ask why? I work in a movie theatre here in canada and 2nit I was lucky not to work as 6 auditorium (500 ppl capable) showing 007 sold out. Thats why they do more, $$$ smile.gif.

The movie wasnt too bad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Nov. 23 2002,10:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Nov. 23 2002,09:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do they still make james bond movies ? They are the most boring and lame type of action movies i have ever seen.It's really mostly BS with stupid stunts to get people to like it.<span id='postcolor'>

u ask why? I work in a movie theatre here in canada and 2nit I was lucky not to work as 6 auditorium (500 ppl capable) showing 007 sold out. Thats why they do more, $$$ smile.gif.

The movie wasnt too bad.<span id='postcolor'>

I know it's probably not bad,Heck i got a free ticket to the movie.But i don't like it.Thinking about under cutting AMC outside the theater.But anyways,it's just countless explosions,special effect stunts,an crappy story.

It has become to Hollywood in style.

I prefer the old Bond..... games of poker with criminal super genius's, a good mix of humour, slinking and stealth, a bit of action, and Bond forcing himself on women (Who love it in the end)

Ah, for the good old days...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rwryne @ Nov. 23 2002,04:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I saw it...  No Q sad.gif   But It was pretty good, not a Goldfinger or a Moonraker though....  Its about as good as Golden eye was...<span id='postcolor'>

John Cleese plays Q. The orignal actor has died sad.gif

Q actor died in a car crash in UK few years ago. He was 86 I believe.

How come they still made good bonds in the 80s, I think it's not the actor issue maybe Bond movies try to look too trendy and focus on action. Music was also better earlier with John Barry's excellent score.

Maybe they should get back to the roots or something.

Actually that new guy doesnt play Q, he plays Qs like uhh whats that damn word...sucessor? So there is no q, a whole new character

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rwryne @ Nov. 23 2002,14:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually that new guy doesnt play Q, he plays Qs like uhh whats that damn word...sucessor?  So there is no q, a whole new character<span id='postcolor'>

his name is R. biggrin.gif

i don't like those "new" bonds. brosnan's best bond was golden eye. my favourite is still goldfinger.

maybe it's just because they make every bond movie just in the same way as the last. Guns, girls, and gadgets. biggrin.gif they don't risk major changes because they're afraid to lose the fans.

my favorite James Bond is either Goldfinger, Dr No, or The man with the golden gun

Although the bird that plays the MI6 mole is a complete fox. The end fight scene is the best example. Why couldn't she have done it nude?

Sigh..

Bond movies went really downhill when Pierre Brosnan came. Goldeneye was stupid IMHO, why make Russia the enemy after the cold war? And spying isn't about killing evil villians, its about espionage on different governments, intelligence, and thing like that. That's why Bond movies were great until the 90's, when there was no one to pick on. Even though the earlier ones did have an evil villian, they made it believable because the villians were always supported by a government, or had a realistic plot. I mean why the hell does the guy in the new movie do some DNA morphing or something liek that. That is just plain UNREALISTIC!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 23 2002,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Goldeneye was stupid IMHO, why make Russia the enemy after the cold war?<span id='postcolor'>

Russia wasn't the enemy, the russian general guy who stole the space laser was smile.gif

my favourite scene in golden eye is when bond wrecks the city of St. Petersburg with that T80. biggrin.gif

actually i even enjoyed the first level  of the game for N64. smile.gif

it included a lot of sniping and it was quite easy because the game had something like "autoaim" for the PPK pistol.  tounge.gif

the "severnaya" level was really huge, it reminds me of OFP with those vast snowy spaces, small camps and towers where you could perfectly snipe from. the athmosphere was awesome! wow.gif

golden eye had defenatly more in common with the old movies than any other movie with brosnan.

I saw the guy that played Q in Cardiff in Waterstones in the hayes when he was doing a talk there, the next day he died.

Also two weeks after i was in New York talking to my relatives about how terrorism was the new world threat (i'm clever ;-) ) and persuading them Russia wasn't trying to invade as we spoke this whole planes into towers thing happened.

I'm just a jinx!

The new bond movie was advertised as having a stronger plot and better developed characters but it didn't deliver much more than the usual bond.

The helicopter thing got me really worked up, my friend had to tell me to stop shaking my head in disbelief at his piloting skills. Those little MD helis are tough but there is no way he could start up his engines in a level position, the rotor blades would rip off as soon as they started to turn. I don't know why they bother putting in unrealistic stunts like that because we all know he's going to survive anyway! Doing that helicopter thing is possible in real life but you would need to put it into a forward pitch and autorotate it. But i'm going to shut up about aerodynamics stuff.

Agreed with badgerboy on MI6 girl, nice.

I haven't seen the new one yet, but I look forward to it. I like Pierce Brosnan as Bond, he fits in well with the newer style bond plots...you know the more politically correct Bond: nice special effects and hot but smarter, stronger and more independent chicks. It's all good and entertaining.

Nothing beats the old classics though, the Ian Flemming originals. That was the real James Bond.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I really think Brosnan is the best Bond, he's just been massively let down by the films. Goldeneye was exceptional, exactly what you want from a Bond film, but the next two (especially that pile of congealing anal discharge: Tomorrow Never Dies) were abysmal. Haven't seen the latest one yet, could be good but looks a little xXx.

Dalton was a v good Bond though, wish he'd beeen used more. He was quite cold and therefore a little more believable. Moore always came accross a date rapist, PPK in one hand, bottle of Rohypnol in the other...

connery was the best bond. the original! wink.gif

moore was the ironical bond. i've had many laughs watching his movies. smile.gif

don't know about lazenby. one movie isn't enough to characterize him. confused.gif

dalton was quite good in the action man role. biggrin.gif

brosnan is the same as dalton in my oppinion. but his movies are made for the 90ies. more action and more sex. i wouldn't know which actor could replace him if he quits. surely none of those other muscle packed action stars. tounge.gif

sean, moore and brosnan are da best moore's films made me laff george lazemby was crap and did not suite da role

Moore sucked. He should have stuck to The Saint.

He was campy in a bad way... and I think he dragged down the whole franchise.

Dalton was the closest Bond to how Fleming wrote Bond.

Brosnan isnt bad. He's got that charming side down.

Connery ... is ... Bond !!!