Sign in to follow this  
Doolittle

Thank you, thank you, Suma, for the createVehicle update!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

1.90  - Added: functions isEngineOn, engineOn

1.90  - Fixed: createVehicle may be used to create shells and other non-ai vehicles.

1.86  - Added: function sideLogic

<span id='postcolor'>

With all of the #debug stuff in, does this mean BIS is expecting feedback so that they can "improve" stuff?  Release another version I mean?  NOTE: releasing a patch 2.0 will not constitute as being OFP2! tounge.gif

Whole thing...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN 1.90

==================================

1.90  - Fixed: MP: Flying ammo crates or jumping vehicles caused by inconsistent terrain roughness determination.

1.90  - Fixed: MP: Cheating opportunity fixed: setPos can be no longer used to change position of objects that are part of landscape.

1.90  - Fixed: Improved text drawing in atypic resolutions like 1600x900.

1.90  - Fixed: Keyboard rudder control enabled while taxiing.

1.90  - New: Servers checks if world file (.wrp) used by client matches server version.

1.90  - New: MP: Added server.cfg array checkfiles[] - list of files that should be checked for each player connecting. Example: checkfiles[]={"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo","dta\data3d.pbo"}

1.90  - New: MP: Added #debug checkfile command. Server admins can use this command to check if any file used by clients matches server version.

1.90  - Added: functions isEngineOn, engineOn

1.90  - Fixed: Message "Player ... is loosing connection" isn't write for server now

1.90  - Improved: Adjustable 2D viewport - improved support for Surround Gaming.

1.90  - Improved: Better airplane AI dogfighting.

1.90  - Fixed: Airplanes try to avoid mid-air collisions.

1.90  - Fixed: Tank and car exhausts did not work (introduced in 1.85)

1.90  - Fixed: createVehicle may be used to create shells and other non-ai vehicles.

1.89  - Fixed: XML download for Linux (can use no-protocol URI and proxy-server).

1.89  - Added: Item "proxy" added to Flashpoint.cfg to enforce proxy server used to download xml squad page etc.

1.89  - Fixed: It was impossible to climb some very steep stairways.

1.89  - Fixed: Helicopers appeared white on radar after Load/Retry.

1.89  - Fixed: onMapSingleClick handler is now saved when saving game

1.89  - Fixed: createUnit init string was not transferred in MP games

1.89  - Fixed: Joining to DirectPlay sessions through ingame browser often failed

1.89  - Improved: Slow plane takeoff improved, added more adjustable config parameters.

1.89  - Fixed: Chat sound more quiet.

1.89  - New: Adjustable plane wheel steering (wheelSteeringSensitivity). Should make big plane taxiing possible.

1.89  - Fixed: Resource cheating now shows "Modified config" message.

1.88  - Added: Dedicated server command #debug (userInfo) (Requires 1.87 client)

1.87  - New: Server can determine max. size of any single custom file acceptable on the server.

To do this add line MaxCustomFileSize=size_in_bytes into Flashpoint.cfg file.

Users with custom face or custom sound larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect.

1.87  - Fixed: Too many dead bodies were kept on server in 1.85.

1.87  - Added: Dedicated server command #debug (console, totalSent, userSent) (Requires 1.87 client, client output sent to OS using OuputDebugString)

1.86  - Fixed: Parachutes no longer smoke when destroyed.

1.86  - Added: function sideLogic

1.86  - Fixed: On dedicated server with mission rotating, after #login and #missions no missions appears

<span id='postcolor'>

Doolittle

Sidelogic? confused.gif

How comes this is so big? Same size as the previous one and has half the features.

Still, nice patch guys. tounge.gif

Gameer

yeah, half the features and a quarter the time.

Yeah, createvehicle, now we can do artillery shells right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Doolittle @ Nov. 21 2002,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thank you, thank you, Suma, for the createVehicle update!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

1.90 - Added: functions isEngineOn, engineOn

1.90 - Fixed: createVehicle may be used to create shells and other non-ai vehicles.

1.86 - Added: function sideLogic

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I'm very glad they got around to that. Multiplayer artillery should be 10x easier to do now. Great. biggrin.gif

isEngineOn and engineOn also has many good uses...

1.87 - Fixed: Too many dead bodies were kept on server in 1.85.

<span id='postcolor'>

WHOHOOOOOOO! Are these guys awesome OR WHAT!!!

So like GAMEER_77, what's sideLogic?  I dunno if they will release a new comref since there would only be like 4 new entries.

Doolittle

I only can guess, but as GameLogics are created empty maybe this command allows to assign a side to game logic.

Was anyone ever able to figure out what sideLogic was??  (Wow I can't believe I asked that question above almost a year ago!)

Doolittle

Lol, time sure flies wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I don't know, but it seems not to take any parameters and always returns "LOGIC"...

crazy_o.gif Odd

Gameer

It is a side type, all gamelogics are placed on the sidelogic side, you can have 64 groups to that side also. smile_o.gif

sidelogic returns "LOGIC" just the same as resistance returns "GUER"

You have:

east, west, resistance, civilian, and sidelogic

Ah, makes sense now I think about it rock.giftounge_o.gif

I guess the most obvious solution is right...

Gameer

Now tell my what 'friendly' does. tounge_o.gif Someone must know, it seems so simple.

Woah, so I can join AI to gameLogic groups?! Who are they enemies to?

Doolittle

hmm - player countFriendly array

returned me all friendly units, known by me

Scenario: 3 resistance guys + 7 west guys

triggera

anybody present (all those guys from above inside the

trigger area)

hint format ["%1",player countFriendly list triggera]

returned me a value of 10

:note - the unit who has to count the friendlies,

adds himself to the result too

(if it's that what you meant bn880)

P.S:

I tried to get the side result of one single gamelogic and

another gl grouped to a west guy - no way: the game

has frozen up everytime, i tried to start it with a grouped

gamelogic to another side.

~S~ CD

So they released functions more than a year ago....and just today...no more than five minutes ago, I wrote this line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"_p = call format [""%1"", _x]; if (side _p == west) then {_p setPos ([_p, westmpf, _s] call _relpos)}" forEach playerList

I had NO idea you could do crazy stuff like that.  Talk about hard to understand when you go back & re-read your code. tounge_o.gif

Doolittle

What is call and format used here for? To add some obscurity?

Following code would do the same, I think:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"_p = _x; if (side _p == west) then {_p setPos ([_p, westmpf, _s] call _relpos)}" forEach playerList

Or, even simpler:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{if (side _x == west) then {_x setPos ([_x, westmpf, _s] call _relpos)}} forEach playerList

smile_o.gif

My playerList is just strings....["w1", "w2"...] which is the name of the clients.  This way I can keep track of their "object" even if they are dying & respawning (they retain their name).

So in the above line I am moving all players who are west to the position at _s relative to their distance from the westmpf vehicle...

It's for a secret project I'm working on. (Conquer the Base)

Doolittle

OK - what about following code, then? <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_p = call _x; if (side _p == west) then {_p setPos ([_p, westmpf, _s] call _relpos)}} forEach playerList

Format ["%1", _x] seems really not necessary, as it is merely copying the string.

Gamelogic side is no good for anything other than logics.

I believe it has something to do with the class entries (or at least the classes themselves).

my guess is that it has something to do with the fact logics dont take damage and dont have a shape.

There was another thread on it.... somewhere.....

All-in-all logics on logic side only...

Although I did find that logics can carry weapons it seems. crazy_o.gif

hmm - player countFriendly array

returned me all friendly units, known by me

Scenario: 3 resistance guys + 7 west guys

triggera

anybody present (all those guys from above inside the

trigger area)

hint format ["%1",player countFriendly list triggera]

returned me a value of 10

:note - the unit who has to count the friendlies,

adds himself to the result too

(if it's that what you meant bn880)

Nope that's not what I meant, there is a "friendly" keyword in OFP, I am unsure as to what it does. However it does not matter so much.

Quote[/b] ]friendly

Compatibility:

Version 1.78 required.

Type of returned value:

Side

Description:

Friendly side (friendly to all units).

Friendly side to all units, hehhe, so what? smile_o.gif

EDIT: And I believe I have had units on gamelogic side, they seemed to function. Anyway, not important as you should not be using that for AI unless it is a temporary hack. (hmm, actually perhaps I recall wrong, they did not listen to orders..)

I believe.. and I emphasize how much I am guessing on this.. but

Friendly and Enemy are used as comparisons for sides.

for example the countEnemy and countFriendly commands probably use those internally to return the respective units.

I can't test right now, but you might want to try this:

Unit1 = East soldier

Unit2 = West soldier

Unit3 = Res soldier (set Res to friendly with everyone)

make each unit run this script:

e.g. [unit1] exec checkFriendly.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">private ["_unit","_allunits"]

_allunits = [Unit1,Unit2,Unit3]

_unit = _this select 0

{_unit sidechat format["%1 is friendly? : %2",_x,(side _x == friendly)]} foreach _allunits

exit

and see what happens...

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: And I believe I have had units on gamelogic side, they seemed to function.  Anyway, not important as you should not be using that for AI unless it is a temporary hack. (hmm, actually perhaps I recall wrong, they did not listen to orders..)

Perhaps for a moment... you're lucky it didn't crash on you. It froze my machine every dang time!  tounge_o.gif

DUDE!!

I just found out you can do this too:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player sideChat format ["%1", if (side _p == west) then {west} else {east}]

I was waiting for something like that!!  Something like

sprintf ("%s", side _p == west ? "west" : "east")

Woo hoo!

Doolittle