GreenTorn

Before i download this game.....

As i see from the steam charts...I see this:

http://steamcharts.com/app/530700

Now 1600 players at peak every 24 hours is not great (i know the game is very new). Is it because of the servers, or not enough advertisement of the game, or simply not full optimized or the steam ratings pretty bad....

idk which one it is, but to anyone who owns the game can you please tell me in somewhat detail of the experience you have got from the game?

I think the biggest problem, and my reason for quitting the game (After getting lvl 25) , is the communication failure from the Devs part, ive played for a month straight, and havent heard anything official from any devs, ive only been shut down / Warned / deleted by forum Mods, who got NO controll over the game, but for some reason dont want devs to see our Worries, and the sole fact they arent banning Cheaters / Glitchers atm, i would say dont start the game, untill they get that stuff sorted ! 

1 hour ago, GhettoGrill said:

...havent heard anything official from any devs...

Hi, I just quickly went through our main communication channels and there is over 10 reaction from Devs on forums only today and a few dozens replays in the last week. On our Feedback Tracker is over 38% of all the activity in the activity feed from Devs, most of the topics/issues in there get response from a Dev. I do see this as an official communication from our side and I wouldn't definitely said, that there is a lack of communication from our side. On the other hand, I understand that you can have different expectations. So, would you be please willing to elaborate more on what you expect from us regarding communication with players? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GhettoGrill said:

I think the biggest problem, and my reason for quitting the game (After getting lvl 25) , is the communication failure from the Devs part, ive played for a month straight, and havent heard anything official from any devs, ive only been shut down / Warned / deleted by forum Mods, who got NO controll over the game, but for some reason dont want devs to see our Worries, and the sole fact they arent banning Cheaters / Glitchers atm, i would say dont start the game, untill they get that stuff sorted ! 

Honestly Ghetto, I answer your every single topic. Please don't lie.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GreenTorn said:

Now 1600 players at peak every 24 hours is not great (i know the game is very new). Is it because of the servers, or not enough advertisement of the game, or simply not full optimized or the steam ratings pretty bad....

idk which one it is, but to anyone who owns the game can you please tell me in somewhat detail of the experience you have got from the game?

Hey GreenThorn, try joining our discord server, there is an active, honest community to be befriended there :) https://discord.gg/dbmtasn

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DarkDruid said:

Hi, I just quickly went through our main communication channels and there is over 10 reaction from Devs on forums only today and a few dozens replays in the last week. On our Feedback Tracker is over 38% of all the activity in the activity feed from Devs, most of the topics/issues in there get response from a Dev. I do see this as an official communication from our side and I wouldn't definitely said, that there is a lack of communication from our side. On the other hand, I understand that you can have different expectations. So, would you be please willing to elaborate more on what you expect from us regarding communication with players? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I follow your Twitch / Facebook / Twitter , and i havent seen any of the current game issues debated there ! And ive made SEVERAL threads on this forum asking for help, but only get forum mod replys ! 

Would just love to see Toxic People / Glitch abusers punished, instead of being laughed at every time we report them ! 

9 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Honestly Ghetto, I answer your every single topic. Please don't lie.

You were the one telling me that there was a difference between forum mod and Developer ! I was pointing that difference out here, and asking for Devs activity, not forum mods !

1 minute ago, GhettoGrill said:

I follow your Twitch / Facebook / Twitter , and i havent seen any of the current game issues debated there ! And ive made SEVERAL threads on this forum asking for help, but only get forum mod replys ! 

You were the one telling me that there was a difference between forum mod and Developer ! I was pointing that difference out here, and asking for Devs activity, not forum mods !

I am a developer.

Edited by ITokyYourCookie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

I am a developer.

Might be mixing up people then ! But i dont see why you cant remove people from your game then, when there is video / Photo evidence of them glitch abusing / being beyond toxic and directly hostile !

Might be mixing up people then ! But i dont see why you cant remove people from your game then, when there is video / Photo evidence of them glitch abusing / being beyond toxic and directly hostile !

Because the feature is in development as I mentioned multiple times.

Edited by ITokyYourCookie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Because the feature is in development as I mentioned multiple times.

Not having that option is a game is just beyond me, and is really ruining the experience, i like alot of the aspects of the game, but letting these people run rampamt will kill this game 

Not having that option is a game is just beyond me, and is really ruining the experience, i like alot of the aspects of the game, but letting these people run rampamt will kill this game 

Enough Ghetto, this is out of topic. This topic was to provide GreenThorn information not to discuss this. So let's go back to that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GhettoGrill said:

Might be mixing up people then ! 

I think you may referring to me :f:

3 minutes ago, GhettoGrill said:

I can appreciate that, but this is not the thread to do it. Lets get back on topic. 

Sorry ! :) 

TOPIC : its a great game, and alot of nice people on it ! But at the current state, and the toxic people knowing they arent being punished, id suggest playing without voice chat, and ignore the chat completely ! 

So I'm going to say I only saw the first post of this topic ( this one )

8 hours ago, GreenTorn said:

Hello Green :)

Before I start talking, take in mind im a Fan of ArmA. So my way of how I see the game can sometimes be wrong.

I have right know 111 hours and I'm level 20 ( level max for now is 25 ).

I played this game when it was in "prototype" phase. and when the game get officialy released.

This game was very game basic at his frist day. Now we can create class and we have a skill tree. ( much more stuff have also seen the light ). If you like the feeling you have by playing ArmA ( the movement, the way your character react ) I guess you are going to like it. It's not like a CS:GO or a Rainbow six game. You feel slow, loud and heavy. For now we can't play in any "ranked games" of something like that. You play casual if you are familiar with cs:go. So you could be playing against noobs or against a very good player. This is only a matter of time before this feature see one day the light. But you should keep this in mind. The engine of ArmA and Argo is pretty much good. However as you said. A lot of people have issues with their Framerates. Why ? You can play with 60 FPS in ultra but you need all your setup from the same generation. That's my case. All my others PC was able to handle ArmA with 30 FPS in the WORST case. ( Not using Ultra settings btw ). So I can't tell you if you are going to play with 60 fps in ultra or in low settings.

The game is not going to "die" or anything like that. It's only because we have nothing for now to catch the end game player to stay. And some other issues. But they are going to be fixed soon I hope. Watch videos of the game. And ask yourself should I try a free game or not ?

• Like 1

Green .... Download the game its worth it if you enjoy arma and like a fast action game ..... 

i play most days and have played since the prototype and still enjoy it ...... yes there are hackers / glitchers etc the same as any game but the devs are working on this !! 

• Like 1

Woah!

Thanks for the responses, did not expect this many. (Have been afk sorry I couldn't reply to you guys)

As I see from most of the posts, Hackers seem to exist. Is there BattlEye installed to Argo? It seems to be installed in the Arma series. Sorry i could be mistaking, just want to make sure.

I have played Argo when it was in "prototype" phase and back then, Servers were limited to where I come from (Australia), and downloading this game again since its official release on Steam, would i be expecting any more servers dedicated to my region or closer like Asia?

By the way, I have joined the Discord server for Argo :)

there are now servers all over the world a member of my clan is from New Zealand and still plays with us on the EU servers some nights with no issues 

2 minutes ago, -DL- Shane-uk said:

there are now servers all over the world a member of my clan is from New Zealand and still plays with us on the EU servers some nights with no issues 

Hmmmmm... ok fair enough. 

There are clans in this game, I didn't even know that. This makes things interesting :)

Maybe if this game become successful, it may become an MLG sport and have top clans fighting in the tournament for cash prizes.

5 hours ago, GreenTorn said:

Woah!

Thanks for the responses, did not expect this many. (Have been afk sorry I couldn't reply to you guys)

As I see from most of the posts, Hackers seem to exist. Is there BattlEye installed to Argo? It seems to be installed in the Arma series. Sorry i could be mistaking, just want to make sure.

I have played Argo when it was in "prototype" phase and back then, Servers were limited to where I come from (Australia), and downloading this game again since its official release on Steam, would i be expecting any more servers dedicated to my region or closer like Asia?

By the way, I have joined the Discord server for Argo :)

Hi, yes Battleye is installed in Argo :)

Hi Green,

Please ignore Ghetto he is just too focused on witch-hunting hackers (are what he thinks are hackers) and whining in general. In 170h playing this game I have seen maybe 3 hackers. You can simply ignore them by connecting to a different server.

This game is the only tactical shooter out there with maybe rainbow six siege and it is a breath of fresh air. It is hard though so expect to die a lot and learning how the different modes work and the maps strategies takes time but it forces you to think and adapt which is why we love it.

It still has a few annoying bugs and people with high ping tend to glitch but nothing you cannot get over.

The experience at level one can be frustrating since starter gun is crap but you can get really good guns after only 3-4 matches that I still use at lvl 20. (Protip: get SPAR16 asap)

Unlocking guns is very fast compared to other free to play. You can reach level 12 very quickly (I did it over a weekend) which unlocks some of the best guns and then the progression slows down. Props to the devs on balancing that level progression.

There are different modes to cater to different playstyles where link is more fast paced and tests your reflexes while clash is slower and more tactical (no respawn in clash makes you more cautious). Other game modes such as battle Royale are available on community servers.

If you like tactical fps this game is for you. If not, I would definitely recommend you give it a try anyway since it's free and very fun!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pixelburster said:

Hi Green,

Please ignore Ghetto he is just too focused on witch-hunting hackers (are what he thinks are hackers) and whining in general. In 170h playing this game I have seen maybe 3 hackers. You can simply ignore them by connecting to a different server.

This game is the only tactical shooter out there with maybe rainbow six siege and it is a breath of fresh air. It is hard though so expect to die a lot and learning how the different modes work and the maps strategies takes time but it forces you to think and adapt which is why we love it.

It still has a few annoying bugs and people with high ping tend to glitch but nothing you cannot get over.

The experience at level one can be frustrating since starter gun is crap but you can get really good guns after only 3-4 matches that I still use at lvl 20. (Protip: get SPAR16 asap)

Unlocking guns is very fast compared to other free to play. You can reach level 12 very quickly (I did it over a weekend) which unlocks some of the best guns and then the progression slows down. Props to the devs on balancing that level progression.

There are different modes to cater to different playstyles where link is more fast paced and tests your reflexes while clash is slower and more tactical (no respawn in clash makes you more cautious). Other game modes such as battle Royale are available on community servers.

If you like tactical fps this game is for you. If not, I would definitely recommend you give it a try anyway since it's free and very fun!

Very informative! Thanks a lot for your point of view in playing Argo. 

I see there is also Battle Royale gamemode on Argo community servers. Im a real fan of BR games :)

it would be cool if Argo expands on BR gamemode and be the first F2P-First person battle royale game. That would surely hit the high charts on Steam.