Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Most frustrating gaming moments...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 14 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heretic II...that's all I need to say.

Did anyone ever finish this goddamn game, or even get to the final bad guy? Or do I just suck...<span id='postcolor'>

Pro'ly both... biggrin.gif

There is a grate so you go under the floor in that last laser room,i cursed a lot there when i was playing nolf.(underrated game imho)

Any level in Driver 2.  *shudders*

And Sudden Strike is turning out to be hard as hell now too. I'm used to playing games like Starcraft and Red Alert 2 and not losing a single unit in the entire level, then I play Sudden Strike and I'm practically required to send units to their death just so I can see some light anti-tank gun thats been picking at them for ten minutes mad.gif

One word: Mafia.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game. But it's really difficult at times.

Hitman's mission St. Pettersburg strakeout. You have to shoot that bastard 30 times (if not more) with sniper rifle. He can kill you with one bullet afcourse. mad.gif

I can't stand games like that. They're sacrificing realism and gameplay just to make it hard to beat the "boss". ugh

If I wanted that I'd play megaman.

Be like OFP, use realism to make it hard, not the other way around.

I don't know if it was really frustrating, just really weird-Myst the old weird game, you were supposed to like find some book or something for someone who died or somethin like that. THat game was really weird.

The one I'm having right now on @Q#$^#$#%!!@# Civ3 PTW. I'm playing the TETurkhan Test of Time mod that was included on the disc. It's awesome, and if you have Civ3 then head over to Support thread on Civfanatics and grab it. You don't have to have PTW.

ANYWAYS, I've been locked into a battle for Paris for the last 6 hours!!! I have 37 archers, spearmen, and swordsman camped outside the walls, but I just can't crack it. I must extend my German empire further, but bedeviled France has like 80 guys shoved into Paris as a last ditch defense. Luckily everyone else in Europe is basically ignoring me, or I'd be toast. If I can somehow manage to take lite casualties (not likely) then I could about face the troops and head into Poland securing the coast all the way to Helsinki biggrin.gif

"Hitman's mission St. Pettersburg strakeout. You have to shoot that bastard 30 times (if not more) with sniper rifle. He can kill you with one bullet afcourse."

Or, you could just sneak up on him and strangle him with fiberwire...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Nov. 16 2002,11:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Hitman's mission St. Pettersburg strakeout. You have to shoot that bastard 30 times (if not more) with sniper rifle. He can kill you with one bullet afcourse."

Or, you could just sneak up on him and strangle him with fiberwire...<span id='postcolor'>

Is that from Hitman2 where you return to St Petersburg? It's just that if it is, the bullets provided for the sniper rifle are blanks. smile.gif

WTF are you talking about, in HM2 "St. Petersburg Stakeout", if Im correct, is the first St. Petersburg mission. In that it took me one shot to kill the General, not 30!?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 17 2002,00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WTF are you talking about, in HM2 "St. Petersburg Stakeout", if Im correct, is the first St. Petersburg mission. In that it took me one shot to kill the General, not 30!?<span id='postcolor'>

I believe he is talking about the 3rd to last mission which is also set in St. Petersburg.

This may sound silly but Unreal, the first sp game. There is one mission with some kind of castle and there are a bunch of those 4 arm guys crusified. In fact this mission looks very simmilar to the castle in the opening game. Anywho, I tried every cheat code including no clip and still nothing. I just have absolutly no idea what to do. Any Ideas?

Apart from the cd-key with ofp (0=O, 1-l, 5=S..) maybe Riven. It was so strange and confusing. In turn a great great game. Having a team of ppl (friends/siblings) taking pages of notes and comparing them to uncover the mystery was very strange indeed. I don't really count those arcade games as i feel they didn't really push the brain as such.

"Is that from Hitman2 where you return to St Petersburg? It's just that if it is, the bullets provided for the sniper rifle are blanks."

A sad spoiler, but oh so true. : )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Nov. 18 2002,09:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A sad spoiler, but oh so true. : )<span id='postcolor'>

Whoops, yeah sorry. Should've warned people first. tounge.gif

Um, what's wrong with you guys saying stuff about hitman 2, the last level i played was the last level in Japan, so i did all the st petersburg missions and they aren't that hard at all...

Hmmm. most frustrating time was my addiction of QuickSave (F6) when I played Ghost Recon.  I must have hit that key everytime I shot a bad guy.

Something which ultimately led to a headache, as I so often quicksaved it 0.25 seconds before I got shot from the back.  

So the next hour I spent quickloading and trying to turn around and shoot the enemy in less than 0.25 seconds.

You can't imagine the fury.

That's why I'm glad Flashpoint only offers one save, makes the game much more exciting.

- Hitman 2 crashing every 30-50 minutes just when you didn t save

- Playing Fifa 2003 on a friends Gamecube, those controllers are rubbish !

- Renting GTA3 on PS/2, unlocking all islands, had fun and bought it afterwards, only to find out that you can only use a savegame that s made with the specific cd and having to start over.

- Being killed by a guy you surely had but his ping is half that of yours.

- Doing the perfect CTF run only to be overrun by a bmp 10 feet of your flag.

It was about 2 weeks ago, Playing the final mission of the OFP:R campaign.

I haven't saved the game, because i was too anxious of blowing up the objectives.

I've placed the satchels and just right after i took enough distance for not blowing myself up, the damn power got cut off. mad.gif

SO I said there in my room for 2 hours with no electricity.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 15 2002,00:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Nov. 15 2002,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After Montineac (*spelling). Kept failing over and over till I got so frusterated that I quit the game for a few weeks and came back and beat it on my first try. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I finished that mission surprizingly easily on my first go at the campaign....must have been dumb luck because I later replayed it and it had me stuck for hours tounge.gif. One of the most frustrating missions for me was probably the one where you have to find the scud near the end of the campaign as part of the spec-ops team. I was stuck on it for a long while, and then one of the Cobras spotted it and destroyed it . To this day I don't know where the damn scud is smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont know whether we talk about the same mission, is it the one where you have to blow up the Scuds which is surrounded by 2million tanks and soldiers? Well, I dont know how anyone could have done that one without finding a gap in the AI. How I did it? Well I noticed that when you take a car and drive around the forrest and right through their camp (if you survive that) then you just have to park your car behind the scud and everyone will stop shooting at you (in case they dont just shoot anyone trying to get around it, no big deal). Then you have almost endless time to place a bomb  and dissapear.

I used a simillar trick in OFP Resistance. I took a car and drove right into a hangar (drove over an entire squad) and made all my team disembark. Then you make your team lie flat on the ground and anyone who tries to get into the hangar will be shot imediately.

Civilisation III You find a nice piece of land. You start building city after city and think you are a great great developer and then you make contact with other civilisations that are 10 times more advanced than you are. Then you got 2 options: start all over again or watch them deserting you empire city after city, unit after unit! confused.gif

I remember doingg one of last spec op missions where u have to sneak into guba territory and steal the plans.

I used 2 bugs to complete the mission first of all iff u strafe and run against the fences down the hill u can JUMP right over them biggrin.gif second one was where i just ran through the windows then ran back out through another window biggrin.gif