acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

@belbo you simply have to inherit the ACE_Actions and ACE_MainActions from the parent class.

@NightIntruder simply checking "ace_weather_useACEWeather" (boolean) variable should tell you what you need.

@belbo you simply have to inherit the ACE_Actions and ACE_MainActions from the parent class.

How would I do that? Mind you, I'm trying to add the refuel actions to a UGV, not to some sort of fuel truck.

class CfgVehicles {
	class B_UGV_01_F;
	class B_UGV_resupply_F: B_UGV_01_F
	{
		macro_refuel_actions
		displayName = "UGV Stomper (Resupply)";
		ace_refuel_fuelCapacity = 2000;
	};
};

Ah, thank you very much! That helps a lot.

I tried it like this:

class Land;
	class LandVehicles: Land {
		class ACE_Actions {
			class ACE_MainActions {};
		};		
	};
	class Car: LandVehicles {
		class Car_F {
			class ACE_Actions: ACE_Actions {
				class ACE_MainActions: ACE_MainActions {};
			};
		};
	};
	class Car_F: Car {};
	class UGV_01_base_F: Car_F {};

class B_UGV_01_F: UGV_01_base_F {};
	class O_UGV_01_F: UGV_01_base_F {};
	class I_UGV_01_F: UGV_01_base_F {};

Now I get the actions, but an error as well about missing properties from vehicles... I'm not all that well with this inheritance mumbo-jumbo. -.-

The whole stuff is here, if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_Mods/blob/master/adv_aceCargo/config.cpp

You have to add the correct home configs of those UAVs to requiredAddons in your CfgPatches.

• Like 1

You have to add the correct home configs of those UAVs to requiredAddons in your CfgPatches.

Tried it... but no change unfortunately.

@NightIntruder simply checking "ace_weather_useACEWeather" (boolean) variable should tell you what you need.

I have done it like this in player init field:

this addAction ["ACE Check", {_player = _this select 0; _acechecking = _player getVariable "ace_weather_useACEWeather"; hint str(_acechecking)}];

Result: Error Undefined variable in expression: _acechecking.

ACE3 was running. To be safe the Weather module was placed in editor as well. Most probably, I didn't get a grasp of what you said to me or we misunderstood each other. I need temperature and wind parameters taken from ACE3 if player use ACE3 as a mod. I guess those are global variables, right?

@NightIntruder it is not an object variable, it's a global variable.

@NightIntruder it is not an object variable, it's a global variable.

Sadly, it says nothing to me. I searched for "global variable" but found no examples how to properly get it. Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Instead of

_player getVariable "ace_weather_useACEWeather"

you write:

ace_weather_useACEWeather

I have no idea if that variable name is correct though.

Let's try again, OK? :) I already know how to check if ACE, or being more specifically, ACE Weather is running on a local PC.

I work on script for which I need following data provided by ACE's Weather: ambient temperature at height, wind speed and direction, player barometric altitude (unless the altitude provided by ACE is exactly the same one as the game provides using getPosASL).

I need to call for those data from my own script frequently and store them in the script for further use. I need my own script because it contains alternative weather system for players not using ACE. Checking "ace_weather_useACEWeather" seems to be not what I am looking for. I tried to use the approach found in ACE Kestrel's "fnc_collectData.sqf" but with no luck.

Could someone from ACE DevTeam explain me how to do that in details, please? Perhaps, for you it's wasting of 10 minutes, for me it's 2 days of senseless deep mining as you already can see.

ace_weather_useACEWeather is a global variable and can be different on every machine (non public global variable).

You can only check this variable on the local machine.

ace_weather_useACEWeather is a global variable and can be different on every machine (non public global variable).

You can only check this variable on the local machine.

Do you mean, that ACE temperature or ACE wind can be of different values among players on the same server?

OK, but I thought that weather data is synchronized among players, isn't it? Thus the base data for calculations made on every local machine should be the same. If there's no randomization within functions and scripts, all calculations (ie. TemperatureAtHeight) should give the same result on every machine, giving the fact that all players are located at the same altitude (height), right? Am I wrong?

Anyway, I just saw that the approach found in Kestrel might be what I was looking for and started giving some results together with errors tho. Just need to fix the errors and deep more into the function collectData. And, yeaa, need to find out if weather data is synchronized in MP or it isn't...

I have no idea. And I don't understand what you are trying to do. It makes no sense to me.

Having clients without ACE connected to a server running ACE and vice versa is not supported

Yeah, clearly misunderstanding here. I do have my own weather system that changes helicopter behavior, based on temperature and wind parameters. This is for those players not using ACE3. However, whenever players use ACE3 (which has its own weather system) I would like to use temperature and wind parameters provided by ACE3, in order to not mixing both weather systems as it can lead to total mess. Obviously, to make it happen, ACE3 must be running on all clients and on a server. That's it.

I just wanted to know how to get temperature and wind values provided by ACE3 and use those values in my own weather system (scripts). One approach to the problem was found by me in ACE Kestrel device that also use ACE weather system, showing wind and other weather parameters on its screen. The problem is solved as for now, so thanks for help.

I now understand. It's for a mission which can optionally support ACE. Sorry for being so dense. Glad your issue is solved.

Hi friends, I figure I would ask and inquire here.

Does anyone know what addon overrides the vanilla weather system? I ask because when playing missions that have rain - say for example, the last Time Trial for the Helicopters DLC for something from vanilla - there is supposed to be rain, but when ACE is active, the rain only lasts for about one second, and instantly vanishes.

I assume it's ACE_Weather, but what would removing that pbo do to the game outside of giving me vanilla weather options? Does it only remove the ability to check the wind and the way it blows with Shift + K?

I find pleny of videos but no writeups on sniper operations (not looking for the tactical stuff).  Anyone know of anything good to read on application of all the sniper tools and scope adjustments ?

Hi, you can read a very complete .PDF documentations by QuickDagger included in his mod :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639464956

You can check also the tutorial by vekongmaster in the standalone Advanced Ballistic topic :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171256-advanced-ballistics-wip/

Hope that help, good shot. :)

My medical system is not working, is it only me or someone else having the issue ????

Current ACE doesn't work on APEX sneak peak branch (which was to be expected)

Wait for an update.

• Like 1

Current ACE doesn't work on APEX sneak peak branch (which was to be expected)

Wait for an update.

I've been using it with no issues on Apex branch and DEV branch.Which parts don't work?Only thing I don't use is medical.

• Like 1

medical : o)

And a bunch of other small things I can't remember.

• Like 2

medical : o)

And a bunch of other small things I can't remember.

Well that makes sense then ;)