acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Chaps, any chance you can add an ACE module so Admins/mission makers can control how the entrenching tool is used ? At the moment it's getting abused with massive fortifications springing up all over the map in a matter of minutes... I like the functionality, but it should take more than 5 seconds to place this kind of cover and at the moment it's a little gamey imo...

Would be great to have an Ace module that allows me to set "build time" 5, 10, 15, 20, minutes or Disabled etc.....

• Like 6

It doesn't, they removed their fix for old animation. Since A3 has a new one, this fix is not needed anymore.

• Like 1

If I wish to play a scenario downloaded from the workshop is advanced ballistics enabled?

Should I change the value to yes?

Advanced Ballistics 	Boolean 	Enables Advanced Ballistics. 	No

What does this exactly mean, and do I need to enable the upper code for it to be in effect?

Enabled For Snipers 	Boolean 	Enables Advanced Ballistics for non local snipers (when using high power optics). 	Yes

what would it take to make something like a npc on a table and give the table a menu to select wounds you would like to practice on and have a option for random so you would have to diagnose the problem and fix it so you would not have to injure another person to learn first aid I do not know if you have something in the game like that if you do can you tell me how to get to it I would like a sever set up to learn from people who know what  they are doing  and then go off line to practice and become a better medic

Is there any way I can make an object act like a refueling object, meaning that I can refuel vehicle at some other object?

If I wish to play a scenario downloaded from the workshop is advanced ballistics enabled?

Should I change the value to yes?

Advanced Ballistics 	Boolean 	Enables Advanced Ballistics. 	No

What does this exactly mean, and do I need to enable the upper code for it to be in effect?

Enabled For Snipers 	Boolean 	Enables Advanced Ballistics for non local snipers (when using high power optics). 	Yes

As well if the scenario is not an ACE 3 scenario, but you load the ACE 3 mod, and setup your own settings in the conf file, will those things apply when you play the scenario?

Quick question...  I've been searching for a bit and I can't find anything that answers this:

With AGM you could add things to the interaction menu using AGM_Interaction_fnc_addInteractionSelf. My question is can you do this in ACE3?

FRIES is bugged on the Wildcat helicopter. The bars are not attached to the model but float in the air, about one meter away from the chopper.

I need to know about FRIES. Just placing the module on the map doesn't enable it for Vanilla Choppers. Synching it OK. But if mission is built with the vehicles

classed only in the SQM file (not on map) you cannot synch to it.   It would be nice if enabling was effective for synch to Players.  And I see in FRIES .pbo

it appears to have a  "0"  where it indicates enables -  so requires the module?    Whats the Deal?   Who has cti mission with all of this?

Oh, yeah that's a good question. Same goes for missions with Zeus spawned or helis that respawn. Would be awesome if it could be enabled for all helicopters that has the capability somehow without the need for both a pre-placed module and a pre-placed helicopter. Or perhaps make the module Zeus-placeable.

When it comes to fastroping, we had a small short practice run on a third party map yesterday and with a very high probability the two first ppl fastroping (first person per rope) would end up stuck in the ground still clinging to the rope and while the persons are stuck no one else gets the fastrope interaction option. The players are stuck in the ground until the pilot cuts the ropes (tried letting ppl be stuck for 2+ minutes), and when the rope is cut the player shoots up on top of the ground and business continues as normal.

Out of ten fast roping attempts (that means 2x10 ppl fast roping) I think one person didn't get stuck but that same person got stuck the next time he tried and all attempts afterwards.

Granted, we run quite the mod pack so it's very probable that it might be a mod compatibility issue and we are going to test it on the same map later this week but with just ACE3 and CBA loaded and see what happens .... just wanted to check if someone else ran into this issue?

Is ragdoll modification removed from ACE? Because now it looks like stock Arma 2 animation ie sucks.

The ragdolls are still there for killed units, nothing changed there except they now use corrected BI values which were in ACE previously. If you mean animation for unconscious units - still nothing changed and also nothing can be done about it since you cannot force ragdoll on a unit.

I need to know about FRIES. Just placing the module on the map doesn't enable it for Vanilla Choppers. Synching it OK. But if mission is built with the vehicles

classed only in the SQM file (not on map) you cannot synch to it.   It would be nice if enabling was effective for synch to Players.  And I see in FRIES .pbo

it appears to have a  "0"  where it indicates enables -  so requires the module?    Whats the Deal?   Who has cti mission with all of this?

Oh, yeah that's a good question. Same goes for missions with Zeus spawned or helis that respawn. Would be awesome if it could be enabled for all helicopters that has the capability somehow without the need for both a pre-placed module and a pre-placed helicopter. Or perhaps make the module Zeus-placeable.

When it comes to fastroping, we had a small short practice run on a third party map yesterday and with a very high probability the two first ppl fastroping (first person per rope) would end up stuck in the ground still clinging to the rope and while the persons are stuck no one else gets the fastrope interaction option. The players are stuck in the ground until the pilot cuts the ropes (tried letting ppl be stuck for 2+ minutes), and when the rope is cut the player shoots up on top of the ground and business continues as normal.

Out of ten fast roping attempts (that means 2x10 ppl fast roping) I think one person didn't get stuck but that same person got stuck the next time he tried and all attempts afterwards.

Granted, we run quite the mod pack so it's very probable that it might be a mod compatibility issue and we are going to test it on the same map later this week but with just ACE3 and CBA loaded and see what happens .... just wanted to check if someone else ran into this issue?

So how is it supposed to work?  Open every mission and place the module.. even for Vanilla Choppers enable?  B)

You can equip helicopters with a FRIES with the following piece of code:

[_vehicle] call ace_fastroping_fnc_equipFRIES

With _vehicle being your helicopter. This function should be called serverside and is not public API (yet), so it might change at a later stage.

@dvdbrewster:
If you mean the ace_fastroping_enabled value in the config, 0 means you cannot fastrope from that helicopter, 1 means you can, and 2 means it requires a FRIES. All of this is documented in the ACE3 wiki.

@Bamse & @svarun:
I've heard of these issues and I am looking into them. I'm not sure what's causing it yet.

@jinker:
You should take a look at the following functions:

• ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction
  • ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass
  • ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject

Thanks for the fast answer. We'll continue testing just to be sure that's not caused by another mod. Thanks for the FRIES snippet, it will come to good use :)

Yep, my unit has experienced the same issue. We did about 10-15 attempts with 4 people, and one of the 4 would always get stuck at the end of the rope, forcing the pilot to cut the ropes. It was never consistent though, sometimes it was the first person to go down the ropes, sometimes the third.

Is there any way I can make an object act like a refueling object, meaning that I can refuel vehicle at some other object?

Just gonna bump this! ^^"

hello i would like to ask if you could integrate a teleport  system.  my idea is if possible having a map {altis} on a board and interaction with it to pick a location to teleport to.  is that possible? 

You can equip helicopters with a FRIES with the following piece of code:

[_vehicle] call ace_fastroping_fnc_equipFRIES

With _vehicle being your helicopter. This function should be called serverside and is not public API (yet), so it might change at a later stage.

@dvdbrewster:

If you mean the ace_fastroping_enabled value in the config, 0 means you cannot fastrope from that helicopter, 1 means you can, and 2 means it requires a FRIES. All of this is documented in the ACE3 wiki.

@Bamse & @svarun:

I've heard of these issues and I am looking into them. I'm not sure what's causing it yet.

@jinker:

You should take a look at the following functions:

• ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction
  • ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToClass
  • ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject

Got It thanks

I have a huge problem, when I try to place an explosive or when I carry a player I can't use the left mouse button to place the explosive or drop the player. Instead of doing the action... I just shoot my weapon! What could that be?
It seems that I'm the only one in my group having this problem (other can use these features with no problem)

I hope you guys have an idea!

Just gonna bump this! ^^"

Not sure if I get what you mean but in 3d editor if you type "station" there are 2 petrol pump objects that have ace fuel interactions. I usually just add it beside an object that looks like it holds fuel and job done. I'm sure if you really wanted you could use the attachTo command to attach it to the object :)

Oh and the petrol pump object has unlimited fuel supply.

Is ace fast rope availability on modded helicopters controllable through config code during game play?

EDIT:

I was trying to use ace_fastroping_enabled = 0/1 but suspect the correct way is to create a custom FRIES.

I am curious. Has anyone else had an issue with players spawning in as the ace modules before? 

I seem to have narrowed it down to when they lose connection and rejoin and/or when they get disconnected by the server due to mod issues.

They also sometimes spawn as a seagull instead too...