vme_cycle6

From China Virtual Military Engineers: VME PLA mod for ArmA3

Ready for a Future Update - the Z-18 heavy transport helicopter:

Z18.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/13/2017 at 9:16 AM, ski2060 said:

I am glad to hear that someone is working on an ACE compat mod. If you guys get it working would you please share it on Steam?  I will probably be running VME PLA on my unit's experimental server to test it out and see how viable it is.
We too use ACE and RHS, and would love to see some comparable performance between the different opponents.

And great work on things Pookie and VME crew!

Yes @ski2060 when we get it completed we will load it onto Steam for you guys to mess with. We aren't going to touch the tanks though for the reasons that Pook mentioned just a couple of posts back.

• Like 1

SF Recon EQ with 3x FFV cargo slots, commander front gunner, and main GL gunner.  I may make a 2nd one w/ a .50 cal

recon_EQ.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/15/2017 at 4:21 PM, Nichols said:

Yes @ski2060 when we get it completed we will load it onto Steam for you guys to mess with. We aren't going to touch the tanks though for the reasons that Pook mentioned just a couple of posts back.

Good news!

Cycle6 emailed me a reply - he says that opening the configs for the purposes of making compatibility changes for the ALIVE and ACE addons is fine! 

SO.

I assume these changes are not going to "break" the original configs such that you require ACE, ALIVE, etc.  Based on this assumption, if the changes needed for these adjustments can be added into the default configs, I can add those to the main branch to avoid "extra" config files to track down.  Which would make it easier for all!

• Like 1

More improvements being pushed to the repository for testing and eventual release. 

Of interest - the Type 85 HMG is light enough to be carried by one man.  Pack it, transport it, and use it w/o the need for a support gunner.

FIX: Static MG bag configuration
IMPROVED: EQ-2050 wheel axis location
IMPROVED: EQ-2050 light emitters
IMPROVED: EQ-2050 UAV controller config
NEW: EQ-2050 HQ now has periscope turret
NEW: Type 85 HMG static and bag
NEW: EQ-2050 Recon GL model w/commander side gun

new_HQ.jpg   Type85.jpg   EQ2050lights.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Good news!

Cycle6 emailed me a reply - he says that opening the configs for the purposes of making compatibility changes for the ALIVE and ACE addons is fine! 

SO.

I assume these changes are not going to "break" the original configs such that you require ACE, ALIVE, etc.  Based on this assumption, if the changes needed for these adjustments can be added into the default configs, I can add those to the main branch to avoid "extra" config files to track down.  Which would make it easier for all!

Good to hear that @hcpookie we didn't think it would be an issue but are glad that they gave it an OK.

Indeed!  They're pretty cool about things.

Last new vehicle for the weekend - BJ2022 Patrol vehicle.

2022patrol.jpg

• Like 2

Big fix!  I just discovered the syntax error that was causing the "Picture XYZ not found" errors when attempting to view the uniforms and whenever one would go into the gear menu with those affected uniforms.  I'm going to let Cycle 6 know about this along with the updates I made this weekend.  Death to popup errors!  Surprised no one mentioned this one already...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2017 at 11:07 AM, hcpookie said:

Good news!

SO.

Nice....I thought it was just part of the features of the mod...I didn't think it was a real problem.

That's why so many errors go unreported.  Those will likely break MP servers since you must click "OK" to them.  So any "shenanigans" like that please report them even if they appear stupid... the more eyes on it the better chances it will be fixed ;)

Regardless... in the spirit of Halloween... I have heard a rumor that there *might* be a TREAT in your bags soon  :)   How long is "soon"?  Soon.  :D

• Thanks 1

Yeah the only time I saw the missing pictures was in ORBAT creator while updating in ALiVE to create the group.

@hcpookie Just found these as well

Has a back square where the light should be on the front of the vehicle

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180940734

These last two have black blocks around the stars and the numbers on the hulls of the vehicles.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180941738

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180943016

I would like to suggest that FFV-positions be added to the Z-9.Lase capability and even an old fashion searchlight for actions when no NVG is available. Some paintjobs like in Gray/Green and black like some foreign costumers would make my day.Some Sneb rocket pods if a model could be found.

If we can get fast roping ,and a cabin MG,I think it could replace Mh-6.

Played with this helo a few days ago.Very effective ,coupled with a pair of attack choppers. Thanks for a great helicopter.And a great mod.

Also ; Roof-mounted Gyro-stabilized gunturrets/Sights would be a great feature.

Thank you.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:21 PM, Nichols said:

@hcpookie Just found these as well

Has a back square where the light should be on the front of the vehicle

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180940734

These last two have black blocks around the stars and the numbers on the hulls of the vehicles.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180941738

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180943016

Interesting.  I don't see those at all.  I'm running a 1070 w/ improved graphics settings - nothing on ultra high - not seeing those either in buldozer or in game.

All of those are transparency textures.  Black transparencies like that are usually due to RVMAT problems.  But they work here... possible that your d/l may not be 100%, or something with your graphics settings?  No idea why that happens.  I see in that one pic that even the distance lod's have that black on the -03.  Curious.  I don't have that Beketov map - can you repro this on other maps?

Final question - I see that's part of your custom units.  Try that w/ the default units - same thing?

@hcpookie will do that for sure. I didn't have this in my unit pack until the other day when I subscribed to the VME Dev mod on the workshop. 

Update:

So I went and unsubscribed from the VME Dev mod on Steam Workshop and the weird texture bug on the -03 went away. All other issues with the RVMAT problems went away as well. Didn't realize that I had run the mission with that subscribed as well.

Also when running the VME Dev mod you will be getting 4 different QJY-88 weapons in the editor as well: VME_PLA_QJY88, VME_PLA_QJY88_rveh,VME_PLA_QJY88_vehCMDR, VME_PLA_QJY88_vehLEFT

Glad to hear it works OK now :)   I have re-packed what I have to confirm the "latest" is working correctly, so there may be some files that have yet to be updated on the official build.

Didn't realize they had already pushed those different weps... those are for the soon to be released EQ-2050 Recon models and the soon to be updated Mi-171 door gunners.

• Like 1

Yeah we found a few bugs in our testing today...going to drop you a PM with the pictures to see if you can confirm. But I need to test them with just CBA, VME, ACE before I say much more.

Do you plan on including your Flankers in the future?

Quick question. I can see the PLA planes and Helicopters in the editor but can't access them in Zeus. Is this something that will be coming later on? I can even access the VME SAM addons but the things I'm assuming is out of the VME PLA DEV pack I can't seem to get to less they're already put down in the editor.

Disregard this, I see much of the things that I can't access in Zeus are things still heavily being worked on. Apologies.

Mabye there is a little bug in the df15_c.pbo. I have a lot of messages in the game, if i use it with CUP. Especially if I place Cars like a Ural in the Editor. Can you fix it?

Could you share these error messages?  I play with CUP all the time and I haven't seen any error messages yet?

I've come across a launch error when attempting to load the mod. This error shows when using either steam version, as well as local download via armaholic.

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/VME_PLA_Mi17/AnimationSources/HitGlass1/: Cannot find base class 'HitGlass1'

I made sure any dependencies were loaded and that the pack was downloaded a second time to check if there was an error. All resulted in the same error message.