Sign in to follow this  
Murzo

Eax?

I get that problem from time to time but I just ignore it now, I will probably get a new system soon once I payed off my plasma screen TV.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Nov. 04 2002,15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I get that problem from time to time but I just ignore it now, I will probably get a new system soon once I payed off my plasma screen TV.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

And what will you do when your new system crackles also? tounge.gif

He'll just buy yet another one. After all, a person who can afford a plasma TV is high with the upper class.

I have the latest Creative audigy drivers. No crackling, no static noise... I just deleted almost all DirectX 8.1 files and installed DirectX again. Everything works fine since then.

If that crackles also I will go mad.

RED

Its all in your minds. You're all crazy wow.gif

Never had the problem...

I have an AMD 950, Geforce 2 MX 64MB, 384 MB RAM, Soundblaster Live! 1024 with the latest drivers (I think. Those damn lazy people from Creative never release new driver-food) and Windows XP Professional. For my audio output I use a GameVoice (Phuck the subwoofer and its 596 sattelites

I have Opeartion Flashpoint (Version whatever-Resistance-upgraded-it-to) and Resistance 1.85

I do recall one time a really LOUD static scared me half to dead... But it only happened once, and now I that I have 1.85 it never happened since.

Consider yourself lucky... I wish no-one to have the same problem like we do.

I had crackling, etc.. finally slapped in a diff soundcard, only NOW, at least twice per game, my stereo reverses!

Every time I'm playing MP now, I have to keep flipping around my headphones...

some weird stuff going on in the sound department:-)

I think the FFAR rockets have reversed left/right sound. Not sure, can anyone confirm this ? Can't even say it's on all FFAR-equipped helicopters but on the UH-60 I hear the rocket launch sound in the left speaker while the rocket launches from the right wing of the chopper.

I have a question about EAX. How is it suppose to sound with EAX enabled. I have a SB Live player 5.1 and when I use EAX I get echo on every sound effect all the time and that sounds pretty strange. For example when you run around in the desert(desert island) it sounds like you run around in an empty room or a cave , it doesn’t feel right. Its also annoying to have echo when solders speak to each other.

Is it suppose to be like that? confused.gif

You seem to have not disabled some of the Reverb and Chorus in your AudioHQ. Just set both to 0 and the echos should be gone.

Unfortunately that was not the problem. I have all effects off in AudioHQ but I still have echo when people talk or when I move around. Too bad because I like the effects EAX has on explosion sounds far away for example but it is not worth it if ill have these echo’s everywhere that make it sound like I’m in a cave. There is even echo on the breathing… really annoying.   mad.gif

Edit: Just did a search on the forum and saw that others had the same problem with echo’s so I guess that’s how its suppose to sound… well, no EAX for me then. sad.gif

That`s probably because of Creative`s crappy drivers mad.gif

The Creative hardware is fine! I own an Audigy gamer and the 3D Blaster 4200, but the driver support is bad!

Creative's hardware is nice, but has always been hampered by some of the worst driver support in the industry.

I had tons of problems when I had a dual-CPU motherboard in my system, and Creative apparently still hasn't learned how to deal with multiple processors -- either physical or logical, as in the HyperThreading-enabled P4 processors:

From http://www.warp2search.net/article.php?sid=8536

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hardware: Creative Audigy Series Has HyperThreading Issues

=>Posted by: Rancho*.

=>Tuesday, November 19 @ 14:15:21 CET

According to tests performed at Ace's Hardware by editor Sander Sassen there are severe stuttering problems with the Audigy series when HyperThreading is enabled using Windows XP Pro SP1. I got the exact same specification of a system except that 3.06Ghz CPU so I cannot confirm the problems experienced.

Rumour is that Creative is going to address this issue in a driver update. However it bothers me that they did not do this in the last update since Creative's driver politics is rather conservative (like 1 update a year if ever.)

<span id='postcolor'>

I get the same crackling sound with XP and SB live 5.1

Hoz