Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Proper release of the littlebirds

Hey Tiger you guys rock but first finnish all the US stuff than begin on russian staf it is not a good idea when you start now on russian staf that will slow your progress on all the US addons and than it will be longer to wait sad.gif What you have now on the BAS site on project's finnish that first than russian stuff m8 wink.gif

extraction thats the plan, the things we are working on at the minute will be finished before a russian pack, we are just researching at the minute, and probably model making will start soon-ish

That's good to hear Evis when are you planning to finnish the US stuff so that the russian stuff is coming and please make a mi28 first when you guys begin on it confused.gif

im not sure how long the american projects will take, at the minute two are either entering or about to enter beta(MH-47E and MH-60L) and two are about to start texturing (UH-1N and AH-1W), if we get more texturers then maybe we can start on the russian pack sooner, theres no point me giving ETA's as theyll be complete guesses, the MI-28N is something i want to make, but its not a priority, the KA-60 is, as russia need a small-medium transport to fill in H-1/H-60 roles for the east and also one that doesnt look like its been beat with the ugly stick for a few years smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Nov. 13 2002,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm... camcreating is a bit difficult.  I've yet to see a tutorial for how to camcreate an additional vehicle AND then name it and give it waypoints on top of that.<span id='postcolor'>

Miles, heres a little way to do that. Shown to me recently by a mate, pynaple (a lil off topic but incontext).

Just make a unit, give him the desired waypoints, then put in his init:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

grp1=group this; deletevehicle this

<span id='postcolor'>

Then he will not be on the map when mission starts, an empty group was created.

Then using a distance based trigger or anything, in the script you want the unit spawned put:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

helo1 = "bas_mh6" createvehicle getpos posuwanthim

"OfficerWB" createUnit [posuwanthim,grp1,"g1=this; this moveindriver helo1"]

<span id='postcolor'>

(posuwant him is anything like a game logic or another units name)

(g1 is new name of spawned unit)

So basically an empty group is created, then spawn any named units into that group, and they can be used as normal after they are spawned and will follow the set waypoint as if they were always there.

Pynaple did crazy things with that stuff, like entire airbases that appear/dissapear depending on player distance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Nov. 13 2002,22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Nov. 13 2002,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm... camcreating is a bit difficult.  I've yet to see a tutorial for how to camcreate an additional vehicle AND then name it and give it waypoints on top of that.<span id='postcolor'>

Miles, heres a little way to do that. Shown to me recently by a mate, pynaple (a lil off topic but incontext).

Just make a unit, give him the desired waypoints, then put in his init:

grp1=group this; deletevehicle this

<span id='postcolor'>

Then he will not be on the map when mission starts, an empty group was created.

Then using a distance based trigger or anything, in the script you want the unit spawned put:

helo1 = "bas_mh6" createvehicle getpos posuwanthim

"OfficerWB" createUnit [posuwanthim,grp1,"g1=this; this moveindriver helo1"]

<span id='postcolor'>

(posuwant him is anything like a game logic or another units name)

(g1 is new name of spawned unit)

So basically an empty group is created, then spawn any named units into that group, and they can be used as normal after they are spawned and will follow the set waypoint as if they were always there.

Pynaple did crazy things with that stuff, like entire airbases that appear/dissapear depending on player distance.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow! That's great stuff... good for "ghost missions" also! LOL! You should type that up and submit it to the OFP Editing Center as a tutorial. That's definitely very useful! Especially for creating ambushes and keeping frame rates down to a minimum while still being able to use large amounts of units. That's always been a problem for me.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nothing more to say, it's just a damned pretty screenie.

GCS0009.jpg

I noticed something strange with the SOAR pilot. If you use binoculars with the pilot, they do not show up correctly. You're able to use them, but the animation for retrieving them is messed up. And from a third person view, it looks like he is holding NV goggles instead of binocs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 18 2002,09:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean like this?  confused.gif

http://deadsoldier.evilmadman.com/binoc.jpg

cheers<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! Actually, to be fair, those big binocs look like they are possibly dual purpose day/night binoculars and those lens covers may simply be day filters similar to what many night scopes have so you don't fry your eyeballs.

Wraith

ROTFLMAO Deadsoldier......that was great....and then Evisc's comment topped it off.

I think afterwards he asked why he couldn't hear the other person talking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Nov. 18 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 18 2002,09wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean like this?  confused.gif

LOL!  Actually, to be fair, those big binocs look like they are possibly dual purpose day/night binoculars and those lens covers may simply be day filters similar to what many night scopes have so you don't fry your eyeballs.

Wraith<span id='postcolor'>

...but the pic seems to be taken in daylight (you can tell by the sun!wink.gif... tounge.gif

...personally, I feel sorry for Bush... ...he can't help it...

...blame his dad or whatever... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mujahedeen @ Nov. 19 2002,05:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Nov. 18 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 18 2002,09wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean like this?  <!--emo&confused.gif

LOL!  Actually, to be fair, those big binocs look like they are possibly dual purpose day/night binoculars and those lens covers may simply be day filters similar to what many night scopes have so you don't fry your eyeballs.

...but the pic seems to be taken in daylight (you can tell by the sun!wink.gif...  tounge.gif

...personally, I feel sorry for Bush...   ...he can't help it...

...blame his dad or whatever...   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes of coarse its day time. That is why you have filters... so you can use them during the day. However I'm not familiar with the binoculars he's using so I'm not for sure if those are dual day/night binocs or if they are just regular high power binoculars. Maybe he did just forget to take off the lens caps. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Nov. 19 2002,00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mujahedeen @ Nov. 19 2002,05:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Nov. 18 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 18 2002,09wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean like this?  <!--emo&confused.gif

...but the pic seems to be taken in daylight (you can tell by the sun!wink.gif...  tounge.gif

...personally, I feel sorry for Bush...   ...he can't help it...

...blame his dad or whatever...   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes of coarse its day time.  That is why you have filters... so you can use them during the day.   However I'm not familiar with the binoculars he's using so I'm not for sure if those are dual day/night binocs or if they are just regular high power binoculars.   Maybe he did just forget to take off the lens caps.  smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

There was a similar photo of Clinton doing the exact same thing. I think perhaps you are right.

If you actually saw all the photos, you'd see the 2 officers also looking through the binoculars the same way with those filters on.

Funny how something taken out of context can make the difference between looking like an idiot, and looking like you know what you're doing.

tounge.gif

Hey BAS how is the project going on the upcoming addons(MH-60L, HH-60G and the MH-47E)how far are you when can we expect it???

Tiger told 2 months ago in october we release alot of addons well it is almost december and only littlebirds mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Nov. 23 2002,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey BAS how is the project going on the upcoming addons(MH-60L, HH-60G and the MH-47E)how far are you when can we expect it???

Tiger told 2 months ago in october we release alot of addons well it is almost december and only littlebirds mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

From what i can recall the MH 60 is about 2-3 weeks away (could be wrong but im pretty sure about 2 weeks) and the others havent been said.

the MH47E where im working on is not far away from release, im only waiting for the new minigun model with textures, after that its only fixing the proxys and making readme, exe install etc smile.gif

Did I say I love the Littlebirds? Not sure.. anyway:

I LOVE THE LITTLEBIRDS!! biggrin.gif Great work!

I saw some strange glitches when in backseat, but am not bothered by it anyway.