duda123

Advanced AI Command

with this mod can I control spawn units?

Yes, this mod will let you control any groups on your side, even if the groups/units are spawned after the game starts.

hey duda123, 

a really great little mod that is a lot of fun to use. I have had it installed for a while but did not make any use of it until couple of days ago....and then it really started to shine. Especially that u can give the orders via the ingame map without having to rely on a commander tablet, really great. Do plan on further enhancing its features? If so, i hope i may make the following suggestions. I am especially interrested in helicopters transport of men and material.

1.) Helos stop at every waypoint instead of flying smoothly along an approximate flightpath towards the final waypoint. Why is that? 

2.) Could you add more flight/hovering heights? I was hoping to drop off divers and svds/boats over the sea, so something loke 10 and 5 meters would be helpful.

3.) Add the 'land and unload all other groups' at the end of all previously set waypoints. So you could actually plan an entire route with specific landing and drop-off points along the waypoints. At the moment, the land order deletes all waypoints and the drop off order drops them off at the earliest place possible, not at the end of the planned route. If possible, the addition of  a time delay or execute button would make possible to plan the routes for multiple vehicles beforehand and have them do it simultaneously.

4.) Somehow let us order multiple vehicles/groups at the same time, with the same set of waypoints. Doing that via the groupsize setting brings a good deal of hazzle with it.

5.) So i was trying to drop off divers over the sea. The unload order actually makes the helo fly back to terra and unload the troops there. I don't know whether this is so because the helo can't be set to fly lower than 20m. Could you add a distinct drop off order to the list so that divers are pushed out over open water? Right now, my workaround works with the advanced rappelling mod. The rappel all ai order is added to all the other orders in the map drop-down list and so i can force into the sea  :P

Additionally, a drop-off button for everything slingloaded via the vanilla implementation or the advanced slingloading mod would be a dream come true. I know, this is a pretty comprehensive list of features and i hvae not the slightest idea whether this could be implemented with your mod. These are just the things i feel would make it a superb commander mod for vehicles troop and material transport.

Hope you find that feedback useful and a lot of thanks for your hard efforts.

• Like 1

Dropoff will be a Very useful feature,setting this mod apart from almost every other mod out there!  To create a list of Wp that we can use to send a lot of AI to a Wp with a Go Code would be great.

That will make this a +1000 for most people that isn`t used to Arma and a great way to introduce them to mods that will enlage Combined Arms with easy interface.

Thanks for this mod!  It`s Great and easy to use! :D  :)

Dropoff will be a Very useful feature,setting this mod apart from almost every other mod out there!  To create a list of Wp that we can use to send a lot of AI to a Wp with a Go Code would be great.

That will make this a +1000 for most people that isn`t used to Arma and a great way to introduce them to mods that will enlage Combined Arms with easy interface.

Thanks for this mod!  It`s Great and easy to use! :D  :)

What are you imagining when you say dropoff? Load a bunch of groups into a heli, draw waypoints, set one of them as a "drop off" waypoint? Heli then flies path, unloads troops, and then moves on to next WP?

hey duda123, 

a really great little mod that is a lot of fun to use. I have had it installed for a while but did not make any use of it until couple of days ago....and then it really started to shine. Especially that u can give the orders via the ingame map without having to rely on a commander tablet, really great. Do plan on further enhancing its features? If so, i hope i may make the following suggestions. I am especially interrested in helicopters transport of men and material.

1.) Helos stop at every waypoint instead of flying smoothly along an approximate flightpath towards the final waypoint. Why is that? 

2.) Could you add more flight/hovering heights? I was hoping to drop off divers and svds/boats over the sea, so something loke 10 and 5 meters would be helpful.

3.) Add the 'land and unload all other groups' at the end of all previously set waypoints. So you could actually plan an entire route with specific landing and drop-off points along the waypoints. At the moment, the land order deletes all waypoints and the drop off order drops them off at the earliest place possible, not at the end of the planned route. If possible, the addition of  a time delay or execute button would make possible to plan the routes for multiple vehicles beforehand and have them do it simultaneously.

4.) Somehow let us order multiple vehicles/groups at the same time, with the same set of waypoints. Doing that via the groupsize setting brings a good deal of hazzle with it.

5.) So i was trying to drop off divers over the sea. The unload order actually makes the helo fly back to terra and unload the troops there. I don't know whether this is so because the helo can't be set to fly lower than 20m. Could you add a distinct drop off order to the list so that divers are pushed out over open water? Right now, my workaround works with the advanced rappelling mod. The rappel all ai order is added to all the other orders in the map drop-down list and so i can force into the sea  :P

Additionally, a drop-off button for everything slingloaded via the vanilla implementation or the advanced slingloading mod would be a dream come true. I know, this is a pretty comprehensive list of features and i hvae not the slightest idea whether this could be implemented with your mod. These are just the things i feel would make it a superb commander mod for vehicles troop and material transport.

Hope you find that feedback useful and a lot of thanks for your hard efforts.

- I'm not sure. Usually they fly in a smooth path. However, I've seen some strange stuff on Tanoa where the heli keeps stopping and adjusting its altitude as it flies over the map. Have you seen this on all maps?

- See response to #5 below. Might be a better solution.

- This is a great idea. When I get around to it, I'd like to configure WPs using a similar menu as the group. This would be a good fit.

- This is pretty complex to implement. Would be nice though!

5.) So i was trying to drop off divers over the sea. The unload order actually makes the helo fly back to terra and unload the troops there. I don't know whether this is so because the helo can't be set to fly lower than 20m. Could you add a distinct drop off order to the list so that divers are pushed out over open water? Right now, my workaround works with the advanced rappelling mod. The rappel all ai order is added to all the other orders in the map drop-down list and so i can force into the sea   :P

Interesting - maybe I could detect when an unload WP is placed on water and use a different strategy for unloading? When over land, I simply tell the heli to land (vanilla WP command) and it finds a safe spot automatically. When over water, I'd need to force the heli to move to the exact WP position (and height ~ meter or two off the water ) and then force all units to eject. Sounds neat.

"Additionally, a drop-off button for everything slingloaded via the vanilla implementation or the advanced slingloading mod would be a dream come true."

Definitely been thinking about adding this. E.g. similar to how you can order groups into vehicles, it would be nice if you could order a heli to pick up objects. It would probably work the same way. Choose heli, select sling load, and then choose via the map the object you want them to pick up. They'd then move above the object and attach ropes.

''What are you imagining when you say dropoff? Load a bunch of groups into a heli, draw waypoints, set one of them as a "drop off" waypoint? Heli then flies path, unloads troops, and then moves on to next WP?''

Sounds about right...plus the ability to unload/release slingloaded cargo as well.

You have that sort of implemented already with the 'unload all other groups' command. As i described in my earlier post, it seems to unload troops whereever the vehicle is at the moment you give the order. Ideally, you could specify at which waypoint which specific group is being dropped off and which slingloaded cargo is to be released. That would be incredibly powerful. Imagine, you spawn a Huron  and two diver teams, one with a svd and the other with a boat. You load up both teams into the Huron heli and attach by hand both the svd and boat under the Hurons belly with the advanced slingloading mod (you could actually attach up to 3 cargo things provided the helo can lift it wheight wise). You than plan multiple waypoint route with two dropoff points over sea where the helo goes down to 10 to 5 meters unloading the svd/diver package at the first and the boat/diver package at the second befor returning to the base.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------sorry, i read your response after i wrote my next post---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering about that. I guess the actual waypoint traveling system that is executed by your mod is the arma 3 vanilla one right? Anyways, i will recheck this on Altis and Stratis in the coming days to see whether this was a one time fluke. Are helos moving smoothly on your installation with the latest patch?

So i guess the most important features would be adding the land and dropoff orders as individual waypoints. So you could make a route like this: wp1, wp2, wp3, wp land (maybe to load more troops), wp 5, wp6, wp dropoff, wp8, wp9, wp back at base. Something like this. Would it be hard to add an order 'release slingloaded cargo' as well?  Do you know about the 'advanced slingloading' mod?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187696-advanced-sling-loading-mp-sp/

Here you can slingload up to 3 things by hand. So you can easily spawn an ai helo and the stuff to be transported, attack the ropes and plan the route with your mod. Is the ai even capable of using the vanilla slingloading feature, i mean really hovering over an objects and picking it up?

Anyhow, i'll get back to you on the 'smooth waypoint' flying issue.

Good night.

''What are you imagining when you say dropoff? Load a bunch of groups into a heli, draw waypoints, set one of them as a "drop off" waypoint? Heli then flies path, unloads troops, and then moves on to next WP?''

Sounds about right...plus the ability to unload/release slingloaded cargo as well.

You have that sort of implemented already with the 'unload all other groups' command. As i described in my earlier post, it seems to unload troops whereever the vehicle is at the moment you give the order. Ideally, you could specify at which waypoint which specific group is being dropped off and which slingloaded cargo is to be released. That would be incredibly powerful. Imagine, you spawn a Huron  and two diver teams, one with a svd and the other with a boat. You load up both teams into the Huron heli and attach by hand both the svd and boat under the Hurons belly with the advanced slingloading mod (you could actually attach up to 3 cargo things provided the helo can lift it wheight wise). You than plan multiple waypoint route with two dropoff points over sea where the helo goes down to 10 to 5 meters unloading the svd/diver package at the first and the boat/diver package at the second befor returning to the base.

How would you identify which group to drop off via a menu? Would you need to give them names ahead of time?

i guess the easiest way would be to simply display their classnames or names as they appear in the editor. If you load up the same unit twice, that name apperas twice in the list. I mean, do you think you can add this functionality at all, to dropoff specific units and have the rest stay on board?

Hrm, so i started arma without any mods, and the helos still behave in this weird stop and go fashion. Am i remembering it just wrong or has it been always this way. Cars and planes travel as smooth as ever without slowing down unless the turn is too tight or because of the terrain. Can anyone comfirm this flight behaviour?

i guess the easiest way would be to simply display their classnames or names as they appear in the editor. If you load up the same unit twice, that name apperas twice in the list. I mean, do you think you can add this functionality at all, to dropoff specific units and have the rest stay on board?

Maybe specific groups, but not specific units. AI don't like being separated from their group.

yes of course, i meant specific groups, not single units. The ai slingloading and cargo dropping works pretty well. I guess it could be added in the same manner as you added unload troops etc.

You should add the ability to pack/unpack static weapons so I can throw some HMG and artillery elements into the mix!

Hello!

I want to thank you Duda for this amazing mod. I'm really happy with the functions provided here and hope Bohemia can do jobs like these!

But i want to make some questions about this mod:

I have a Zeus mission and i need to put commanders to control Zeus placed AI's. But i need to exclude some of these groups from commander. Here is what i make:
MasterZeus - To create environment around player
Commander with Limited Zeus - To self spawn groups and control this groups

My question is: I can exclude Groups spawned with MasterZeus from side Zeus Commander? If not, have a way to implement that on mod?
Will be a interesting feature to everyone.

Other change i want to see is the ability to change waypoint type. For now i only can create move waypoints.

Thx for your awesome job again!

Edit: Something on my mission don't allow AI to move. I dont know why. I create waypoints and the units just do nothing.
Happens on pre-placed units and Zeus spawned units.

Edit 2: I figure out whats wrong. I forget to put group before the group name. :)
Now is working pretty well.
I think now another Zeus spawning units will not effect my commander :D
I hope my post can help other people making their missions!

There is my mission Setup:

Player Variable Name: CommanderOPFOR
On Player Init:

[east, this] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;
[false] call AIC_fnc_initAICommand; 
["CommanderOPFOR"] call AIC_fnc_createCommandControl;
["CommanderOPFOR",true] call AIC_fnc_showCommandControl;

Zeus Owner: CommanderOPFOR
Zeus Variable Name: ZeusOPFOR
Zeus Init:

ZeusOPFOR addEventHandler ["CuratorObjectPlaced", {
spawnedgroup = _this select 1; 
hint format ["Grupo %1 criado", spawnedgroup]; 
gruporeal = leader (group (spawnedgroup));
["CommanderOPFOR", gruporeal] call AIC_fnc_commandControlAddGroup; 
​ZeusOPFOR removeCuratorEditableObjects [[spawnedgroup],true]}];

Thanks for such a useful addon! I had a question, it seems that while remote controlling a unit any minor damage to the unit will cause terminate the connection. Is that intentional and is there a way around it? Even relatively minor damage seems to cause it, so I am constantly reconnecting to the same unit trying during combat. Thanks for any help in advance.  

6 hours ago, SterlingC said:

Thanks for such a useful addon! I had a question, it seems that while remote controlling a unit any minor damage to the unit will cause terminate the connection. Is that intentional and is there a way around it? Even relatively minor damage seems to cause it, so I am constantly reconnecting to the same unit trying during combat. Thanks for any help in advance.  

It's intentionally like that. It needs to switch back to the original unit before the remote unit dies. Otherwise, you end up respawning (in MP) or the mission might end (in SP).

However, there might be some improvements that could be made (e.g. try to detect when the unit is closer to dying vs switching back on every minor damage taken)

Units spawned with Zeus in singleplayer aren't appearing on the map.

Hmm, it seems that one can't controls units if they're on on his side. Is there any way around that?

Edited by Neviothr
Currection

I don't know what I did, but Advanced AI Command has stopped working for me. I purchased a new SSD a few days ago and transferred Arma over to that drive, and since the switch I haven't been able to get AiC to work in game. Every other mod is fine, I'm just having trouble with this one. With just AiC loaded units pop up as they're supposed to on the map, and I'm able to click them and get the meu + the sitrep on the side of the screen, but none of the actions work for me, not even the "add waypoints" action. I got my hands on the beta version of the newest C2 Command & Control mod, which features AiC integration and I'm able to give my units standard waypoints using that mod, but again, the action menu provides nothing (can't change color, can't assign vehicle, can't set formation etc). Any ideas on where I goofed? Tried on both 32 and 64 bit clients, was working like a charm before I switched Arma's location.

I use ACE and ALiVE, along with RHS but I've never had any issue with them before the location switch so I don't think they're part of the problem right now.

This is a great mod,but im having an issue asigning infantry into an RHS BTR.After they get in,the BTR will not move when i issue waypoints until i order the group to dismount.

1 minute ago, redarmy said:

This is a great mod,but im having an issue asigning infantry into an RHS BTR.After they get in,the BTR will not move when i issue waypoints until i order the group to dismount.

Are they boarding a crewed BTR, or are they the only ones inside it? If so, I don't know how to help. If it's crewed, you would need to give the waypoints to the actual BTR crew.

1 minute ago, DEV614 said:

Are they boarding a crewed BTR, or are they the only ones inside it? If so, I don't know how to help. If it's crewed, you would need to give the waypoints to the actual BTR crew.

Yes its crewed,and im giving orders to btr,they dont execute them until units who were assigned dismount

Just now, redarmy said:

Yes its crewed,and im giving orders to btr,they dont execute them until units who were assigned dismount

I remember having a similar problem with CDF units from CUP. After placing the waypoint for the BTR, try to click, drag, and place it somewhere near where you first had it. If that doesn't work, try giving the BTR two waypoints, then delete the first one. I have no idea if these will work, but it's worth a shot! Also, if you haven't already, unload the other troops, unassign the BTR crew from the BTR, then reassign them and have everybody else get in and retry. Are you able to give the BTR crew waypoints before the other group is loaded?

29 minutes ago, DEV614 said:

I remember having a similar problem with CDF units from CUP. After placing the waypoint for the BTR, try to click, drag, and place it somewhere near where you first had it. If that doesn't work, try giving the BTR two waypoints, then delete the first one. I have no idea if these will work, but it's worth a shot! Also, if you haven't already, unload the other troops, unassign the BTR crew from the BTR, then reassign them and have everybody else get in and retry. Are you able to give the BTR crew waypoints before the other group is loaded?

im about to try your suggestion,and yes i can give btr wp before its loaded with men.

i tested with bmp,same issue,it seems soft skinned cars work ok from RHS,it may be to do with the fact the units are attatching to veihicle(sitting on top rather than in cargo)

i tested your idea but no luck,thanks for the suggestion though

I forgot to ask will this mod work upon reloading a single player game?

Regarding the BTR issue - try assigning a single unit to the empty vehicle. Then, remote control the unit once it gets in. In remote control, see what position the unit has. E.g. are they able to move the vehicle?