duda123

Advanced AI Command

8 minutes ago, Team SFS said:

Hello, i would like to use this mod, only to give waypoints to the helicopter pilots under my command BUT.. they are players only, not IA.. i want only them to see the waypoint info.. how to do that? thank you!!

This is probably not the answer you are wanting to hear.

Tell the pilots where to go. Communication is extremely important.

• Like 2

Duplicate post.

Edited by Maff
Duplicate post.

Duplicate post.

Edited by Maff
Duplicate post.

Yes sure, but we are trying to replicate the waypoints shared across the MPD to the IHASS like the real aircrafts.

When i link the modules to IA (for testing) inside an helicopter, i can place waypoints but they dissapear almost instantly..

Would anyone be able to guide me through the process of adding additional functionality to this mod? Specifically I wanted to add a “Garrison Building” option  to an infantry group’s waypoint. 

Anyone have a clue how to do this? I already have a garrison script that works well

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Would anyone be able to guide me through the process of adding additional functionality to this mod? Specifically I wanted to add a “Garrison Building” option  to an infantry group’s waypoint. 

Anyone have a clue how to do this? I already have a garrison script that works well

This is a good idea.

You should ask the CBA team for help.

Check arma3's function viewer/CBA functions and locate the garrison.sqf. I use it currently.The problem is that the waypoint never completes currently,even a switch trigger wont affect it,so adding in something like this would be useful.

4 hours ago, redarmy said:

Check arma3's function viewer/CBA functions and locate the garrison.sqf. 

Finding and using a good garrison script is not going to be a problem. The problem will be implementing that feature into the command mod. 

What I am envisioning is allowing a player to place a waypoint and then editing that waypoint to a “garrison closest building” style of waypoint. 

Alot of this functionality already exists in the command mod. Unfortunately I do not have the scripting knowledge to pull it off. 

This mod sounds really fun, although is it possible to implement this together with Antistasi to make things a lot more easier for the average solo player? 

Will this make the ai under your control move smarter? For example the ai tanks I'm commanding drive into buildings on Altis even. So they get stuck on all kinds of things.

Is it posible to change the custom marker in the init fielt of a unit? - I'm trying this with no further luck:

Description:
Draws the specified map icon on the map

Parameter(s):
_this select 0: STRING - Icon ID
_this select 1: POSITION - World position of icon ([X,Y])
_this select 2: BOOLEAN - Is in foreground (alpha will be reduced by 50% if in background), (optional, default true)

Returns: 
Nothing
--------------------------------------------------
From init field:
["b_recon",[0,0,0],true] call AIC_fnc_drawMapIcon;

Is it even the right way to do this...? (As you probably already figured out, I wound like to add a Recon Icon to a unit ;))

Hi I was using this on my arma exile server mainly just so players can see Each other as it’s a pve server it was working great but yesterday out of the blue it started showing enemy ai locations do you now why this would be? I didn’t make any changes to the mod thanks in advance