v1.3 of Advanced Towing has been released. You can find it on Steam ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639837898 )

Changes:

• Improved towing vehicle speed simulation based on the mass of towed vehicles. Now can take all vehicles in a chain into account.
  • Mission creator can now specify max number of vehicles in a chain. Defaults to 1. Change in your init.sqf file using the variable SA_MAX_TOWED_CARGO. (e.g. SA_MAX_TOWED_CARGO = 5;)
  • Fixed issue causing vehicles to drive on top of trees/bushes instead of driving through them.
  • Added networking functions to support Exile servers. Makes server-only addon work on Exile servers with no modifications to the mission pbo or CfgRemoteExec.

Most important change for Exile:

You no longer need to change your mission pbo / CfgRemoteExec. The server-side addon is all that's needed:

You can either install this like any other addon (using -serverMod command line option), or you can drop the pbo downloaded via steam into your @ExileServer/addon directory. Either approach will work. No changes needed to your mission file / description.ext / CfgRemoteExec. This addon has been built to use Exile's built in networking code.

hi any way you can put this on google drive or drop box steam no good 

Please and thank you

v1.5 of Advanced Towing has been released. You can find it on Steam ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639837898) or download the source/pbos from here: https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedTowing/releases/tag/1.5

Changes:

- Reduced likelihood that a towed vehicle will clip into the ground

- Improved tow rope attachment points for helicopters

- Fixes security issue that would allow players to hide any object

- Changed default chain size to 2

• Like 1

Is there a way to limit who can interact with the tow? Like a Can_initiate_Tow=["player_1","engineer","etc"]; If not, can you add the functionality? I ask cause while a useful mod, we can't have everyone use it. Like in my arma group, people can get spastic sometimes and just all activate the ropes and stuff. SO it would be helpful if we can limit who can use or activate it.

Is there a way to limit who can interact with the tow? Like a Can_initiate_Tow=["player_1","engineer","etc"]; If not, can you add the functionality? I ask cause while a useful mod, we can't have everyone use it. Like in my arma group, people can get spastic sometimes and just all activate the ropes and stuff. SO it would be helpful if we can limit who can use or activate it.

Currently, no, there isn't a way to limit to certain players. However, that's a great idea and I'll add it to the list of requests. Also, if you're interested, feel free to make the change yourself and create a pull request in github.

Currently, no, there isn't a way to limit to certain players. However, that's a great idea and I'll add it to the list of requests. Also, if you're interested, feel free to make the change yourself and create a pull request in github.

Hello

I added a new issue on Github if you have time to check this :)

Awesome mod by the way, thanks for your work !

Hello

I added a new issue on Github if you have time to check this :)

Awesome mod by the way, thanks for your work !

There was a problem with flying vehicles a while back. Is the latest version installed on your server (v1.5)?

There was a problem with flying vehicles a while back. Is the latest version installed on your server (v1.5)?

I have the workshop version

I have the workshop version

How can I reproduce it? Does it only happen when someone else is towing a vehicle another player is in?

How exactly do you use the standalone script version? I have it being executed on the server 

if (isServer) then {
        execVM "scripts\fn_advancedTowingInit.sqf";
    };

However I can't seem to deploy ropes from the action menu, does it need to be run for every client? I'm using a RHS Ural and a D30 howitzer if that affects it.

How exactly do you use the standalone script version? I have it being executed on the server 

if (isServer) then {
        execVM "scripts\fn_advancedTowingInit.sqf";
    };

However I can't seem to deploy ropes from the action menu, does it need to be run for every client? I'm using a RHS Ural and a D30 howitzer if that affects it.

That's it. Check your client log file to make sure it's loading. You should see a message that says "Advanced Towing Loaded".

Does the rope break in this script? Not sure if this is the same script on the server I Admin on, but the one we use the rope is constantly breaking and very annoying when you have traveled a few KM and then notice the vehicle you were towing is no longer back there and have to go looking for it.

Does the rope break in this script? Not sure if this is the same script on the server I Admin on, but the one we use the rope is constantly breaking and very annoying when you have traveled a few KM and then notice the vehicle you were towing is no longer back there and have to go looking for it.

I've seen the rope break before if you're towing a vehicle that another player is driving.

If you can get a video of the problem, I can take a look.

I tested this mod on a server with +100 players.

It's awesome but it causes desync and sometimes, the server crash.

No such problems since we stopped using the mod.

I tested this mod on a server with +100 players.

It's awesome but it causes desync and sometimes, the server crash.

No such problems since we stopped using the mod.

Sorry it didn't work for you. Haven't had reports of this crashing servers before. However, I also haven't tested this on such a large server. Do you have any server log files from when the server crashed?

I tried using this mod in A3Wasteland - with no success. I looked in the .rpt and the message that the addon was loaded apperead:

"Advanced Towing Loading..."
"Advanced Towing Loaded"

The action also shows up but when I select the action no rope gets deployed. The same goes for your rappeling mod(but there's not even a action showing up). 

Btw the sling loading(script version) is working better but also not perfectly. I can deploy the ropes inside of the helicopter but not from the outside.

I hope you can help me solving these issues! :)

I tried using this mod in A3Wasteland - with no success. I looked in the .rpt and the message that the addon was loaded apperead:

"Advanced Towing Loading..."
"Advanced Towing Loaded"

The action also shows up but when I select the action no rope gets deployed. The same goes for your rappeling mod(but there's not even a action showing up). 

Btw the sling loading(script version) is working better but also not perfectly. I can deploy the ropes inside of the helicopter but not from the outside.

I hope you can help me solving these issues! :)

You likely have to configure the CfgRemoteExec rules - see the readme on github.

Hello

Is it possible to add an item for this ? A rope that once i found the item i can use it in the action menu.

Not just have this option with no rope in my inventory.

Thank you