Sign in to follow this  
shrike

Collecting info: your fav mp maps out there...

Hi all,

we're progressing quickly in setting up our new public Euro server.

It would be great and very helpful if you guys could provide us with an idea what maps/kind of maps you would like to see on a big public server.

I have my own opinions but being a fan of playing big Capture & Hold maps with experienced players my field of view is pretty limited...I have no clue about good CTF, RTS or coop maps.

Our server will hardly offer DM maps, if any...

If you could do me the favor and post the names of your favourite maps, mainly:

C & H (sometimes referred to as Attack & Defense)

CTF

RTS

CooP

or any other map you think is fun.

Resistance compatible maps only!

It is very important to us that the maps run fine even with 30 players, if possible avoiding heavy scripting or whatever causes too much lag and other problems.

Unfortunately we will have to limit the selection to maps without unofficial addons (except gunslingers)...you know what happens to public servers using unofficial addons, sad but true.

Of course I will ask every mapmaker for his permission before using his maps, if required.

Please help us with your input...if everything works out fine and we don't screw it up we will be able to offer you a very fast, if not the fastest OFP server on the net soon!

Thanks for your time!

Shrike & Torment

Personnaly, Any of Karrillions RTS are great. That is if you get some good people that have played them before.

Thinly Spread C&H I like, anything on stoners server basically.

Desert CTF, maps from Radishville.

HALO, and other coops.

Its Tricky because many different maps offer many aspects of why I'm addicted to OFP. But here are a few, they are all coop missions.

Proto-TypeR By Junker, OFP meets Sci-Fi as Junker see's how to make anything possible with the OFP engine. With a cool soundtrack too. co16JU_Proto-TypeR on Malden Download here 2MB

Intervention By December, 3-Teams co-ordinate attack to rescue the hostages. co12DC_intervention on Nogova. Download here 412Kb

RedDawn By DaddlDiddl, Just Routine Patrol wink.gif co12DL_RedDawn on Nogova. Download here 421Kb

Kamakazi by lolsav, The unfinishable mission co18LS_Kamakazi on KoljuekevDownload here 2Mb

Antidote - by Crosseyed, In this list as it was first MP map and also the first Map i completed. co20xi_AntidoteDownload here 35Kb

Paratroopers by BulletMagnet. I very good 5 stage coop map where the infantry man rules. co12BM_Paratroopers on MaldenDownload here 62Kb

Black-op HALO by AcT. Almost all of you will have played this mission and know how good it is. co24AT_BlackOP-HALO

Original Version

Version 1.1 with auto-chute pull and a few others changes.

If you have our ADDON PACK then these missions also rock

Easy Path by December - 3 Team Coop

coa18DL_DawnRaid.Noe.pbo

O ya! Paratroopers and Kamakazie.  How could I forget all the times me you BM and all the guys on 007 vet used to play that one.

Oh yeah Shrike,

Of course we play alot on SHoP, but I want to let you know that I am really enthousiatic about the SAS Desert Rats map. This map is very unlike general SHoP games, but can also be found at the SHoP server.

Bye,

Pimmelorus [sHoP]

Hi, here I want to show you some of the maps which are in german leaguez and ladders played.

Arudy CUP, very well tested and bug less Map.

Capture and Hold Arudy.

Anhöhe CUP, nearly same like Arudy, but with an Hill on Cain.

Everon War, the best map ever.

Everon Airport, a bit compilcated ojectives, the speznaz or the spec op have to capture the SU and take photos of a ship.

downlaod: http://www.ofp-cup.de/maps/cup_maps.zip

All maps got english briefing.

Thanks to all, for now. Keep 'em coming!!

I am happy to read that SHoP maps seem to be appreciated, with Stoners being my OFP "home" in the last 7 months this is exactly the kind of gameplay I like (on public dedis that is).

The kind of maps played on SHoP will of course be hosted on our server, no doubt about that!

But I am well aware that this means I missed lots of good stuff from the rest of the OFP world in the past and this is where I need your help.

Don't be shy, express your opinion :-)

Shrike[sHoP]

Hey there Shrike!

Speaking personally, as a player from the UK, the concept of a Stoners server operating in Europe is a great idea, but id kinda miss the regulars sad.gif

I think you'd be best leaving it the same mission 'styles' as you currently have going. Stoners has a great rep for offering low lag C+H games and, imho,I think thats the angle you should stick to.

Co Op games can be ok, but when the same ones are played over and over again it can get tired very quickly. Thats the appeal of C+H, CTF etc. They are determined entirely by the actions of other players, not by predictable AI placement.

Dont get me wrong, theres definately a case for Co Op games. They can be a great way to wind down after a few intense C+H sessions, but please dont make Euro Stoners any different than your current US Stoners setup.

Thats my 2 clips worth, anyway

BTW, im going to take 1 smile.gif

Hey shrike, don't know if you've played it, but I'd have to say the next beta of Homeland Security. Just ask Terox about it. =D

Public beta comes out this week, with an optimized server mission and a  6 player coop one for those times when the server is just slow.

It's similar to counter strike in a few areas, but I personally feel it's much better.

fire me off an email thecaptain_ps@hotmail.com or a PM for more info, don't want to clutter up the thread.

The map only supports up to 12 players for a few reasons:

1) Hellish scripting. I think I almost crashed your us server once, late at night wink.gif 12 players is playable and bug free, over that and the map gets unstable because the server overloads

2) It's just not fun with 30 people. It's a squad level tactical urban fighting map, where everyone picks a class and has a role to fill. Any more players and people start dying randomly (too many players in a small area = lots of death), and people don't get in touch with their team. With 6 on a team, every member's survival is critical to the mission success.

Maybe you can put the beta up anyway for those late night games.

strange that noone dare here to speak from the most CTF played around OPF server *thought i m not a fan of this map thinking it's just a hellish butchery*:

CTF Stpierre *with or without fog*

I m just a fan of night mission, i feel that the way OPF used the zooming gun (like G36 and all sniper is bad made.... too much precise even at long range). So in all night mission got the advantage u can really sneak *well there's friendly fire but that s the life guys*.

We have the latest version on Gameplanet however we don't really play it much because it takes a very long time and players always have to wait.

yea rts is best, coops it just its not much fun doing a mission agasint ai that just stand there and end up wif over 30kills to easy u got to have human vs human i say, ctfs usually r plain boring CnHs good but spread ppl over large areas and defending gets boring after 20mins and seeing one nme, but with this new CTI and more updates from karraillions RTS (ive prob spelt it way wrong) you have one clear obj, dont spend your whole time in a town waitin for nme to show, u get to build your base search for nmes etc. Big probs r is waiting to play takes like 70mins min to do and players dropping out before games over. But it can almost feel like an mmorg with the ai and humans everywhere.

Any decent coop should not have enemy that just stand there. You haven't been on a lot HT, and you don't really enjoy what OFP has to offer as your system doesn't handle OFP too well but we've been playing a coop called Intervention and a few others and the enemy definately do not just stand there.

We have had players freaking out because the AI chased them down and killed them. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Nov. 06 2002,17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any decent coop should not have enemy that just stand there. You haven't been on a lot HT, and you don't really enjoy what OFP has to offer as your system doesn't handle OFP too well but we've been playing a coop called Intervention and a few others and the enemy definately do not just stand there.

We have had players freaking out because the AI chased them down and killed them. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it handles it well just not on maps like cluster f*k where it is needed, im running a 850mhz gf4mx 440 390ram im gona get a 2000xp, thing is dmg on big coops ai gets real dumb on your nogova paratroopers type map nme would just stand there and igonre use as we stood 50m away from em, thing is if i wanna play against ai ild play sp the odd coop is good but onyl challanging when its like 8human v100ai, human vs human is the best but only fun with 15plus really and ctfs degenerate into a dm alot with everyone running around with g36s. The bigger games are best the CTI and RTS2 maps bring out tactiacl cooperation in ofp unlike sum dood getting a flag cap by himself.

When looking at the german speaking community, I can strongly suggest Everon War and Anhoehe to you, like mentioned by hugo.

Just be careful about everything from Vienna. He has a lot of unrealistic and annoying scripts in his maps, even though, most of the basic concepts are kinda ok. I see some C&H Influence, location-wise in some of his maps. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Nov. 06 2002,04:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">playing a coop called Intervention and a few others and the enemy definately do not just stand there.<span id='postcolor'>

Was this Intervention by Dec?

If it was its a GREAT MAP, Dec is one of the Map Makers for SES Server and Vetserver. If you liked it and would like more either come to play on our server or mail me and I will send all Dec's missions.

Patriot playgrounds is nice, but my favorite part is the intro lol.

And BTW, Skunk, how's lolsav and all the other guys at vetserver doin?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Nov. 09 2002,22:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And BTW, Skunk, how's lolsav and all the other guys at vetserver doin?<span id='postcolor'>

Use PM's for your flirting please smile.gif

what i like best about the rts's tho is even tho the fact they know theres nme around they arnt gona be sitting in a bush waiting for you, they'ld be building there abse and army and defences and you could try black op styles and sneak around and blow sumthing up, almost like playin a coop where the ai dont know your comin cept its humans that arnt predictable.

Ya, RTS can get pretty damn good when you have people that can wage almost a real style war.