Sign in to follow this  
shrike

Collecting info: your fav mp maps out there...

huh -- never thought about creating a mission with

ai just standing around and waiting to be killed wow.gif

What an idea confused.gif

Come on, a well planned and well created coop mission is always a good thing.

By using new techniques, we can create missions with

such a lot of units, still don't causing any piece of lag.

Playing sp vs AI i'm only doing for testing my missions, but

i never got to fun there as when playing it in coop.

~S~ CD

ild rather play sp than coop the ppl in coop never listen and get board before its over, AI do what i say and when commanded right a very good. Thing is AI are alawys gona be predictable and easyer than humans unless u made em super ai with super human powers. But u cant beat a game of rts with ai squads and humans under human control its never the same its a war its what ofp should be, just held bck by amount of time u can play.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HT @ ealrier post)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The ppl in coop never listen and get board before its over<span id='postcolor'>

Well if you play on dedicated coop server like ours,which has a clan admin at most times, with leaders and regulars who know the missions then this is not the case. If you play a coop map on a mainly CTF server full of gay-spy browsers who dont know the map and are only playing coop becuase that was selected when the last CTF finished what can you expect. Most people who play on m,y server come back night after night and play mainly on this server (most almost exclusively on SES server).This means everymap is played well with any nOObs who just browed on because the game was just starting dieing quickly, complaining that there is no respawn and disconnecting, leaving only those who actually want a great game of coop to play. Its not that our server doesnt welcome nOObs, we are very welcoming to those who want to play coop with us and are happy with the teamwork style we play.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Nov. 09 2002,22:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And BTW, Skunk, how's lolsav and all the other guys at vetserver doin?<span id='postcolor'>

Most of the the old Vetserver crew are doing fine, Some of us left to form a Euro Clan with the same sort of ideals as vetserver had. Lolsav is still around and now is no longer a lag whore as ADSL has arrived in deepest darkest Portugal. More Via PM wink.gif

HellToupee,

Usually i'm playing with the lads of my squad, so there

has never been the problem, that nobody listens, what has

to be done in the mission.

BUT even when playing on our dedicated server with guys

i've never seen before, i could handle it most of the time,

to get up a plan before starting the game.

You just need to talk to them and maybe ask if all understood

that. OK, i dunno if you're playing at foreign servers (this

can become a problem when trying to get up a plan), but

as i'm playing on the DV server, we never got that "nobody's

listening" problem more than once (max: twice) with the same guy. tounge.gif

Another reason, why it wouldn't work could be:

the players, being actually on the server with you, do not

like to play coop - then it's clear to understand, why they don't listen.

Well, i say again - a coop together with the right players

can become a very very interesting and exciting thingy.

That's my opinion, and i think, there are many coop players

out there, sharing it.

I mean: i don't care, if you don't like coop (why should i?),

but at least i can tell you, that the reasons, why you don't

prefer coop to anyting else, are no real reasons.

~S~ CD

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Nov. 09 2002,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Nov. 06 2002,04:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">playing a coop called Intervention and a few others and the enemy definately do not just stand there.<span id='postcolor'>

Was this Intervention by Dec?

If it was its a GREAT MAP, Dec is one of the Map Makers for SES Server and Vetserver. If you liked it and would like more either come to play on our server or mail me and I will send all Dec's missions.<span id='postcolor'>

Cheers mate. Myself and the Gameplanet players really enjoy DEC's mission "Intervention" so any others you may have would be much appreciated. smile.gif

Email them to adam_m_@hotmail.com or email a link if you can.

Thanks smile.gif

And don't mind HT, he's just a complainer. He wants JIP so OFP can be like RtCW, and don't we just want that wink.gif

In coop you have the element to slightly control events when you are designing the mission.

Using a bit of mission editor wizardry you can make it appear there are hundreds of AI around and still avoid lag. However in a CTF, or capture and hold, you are really only fighting the few other players, whose skill and tactics vary and you rarely get the sense of teamwork that you do when a group of you sets out on a coop mission.

Many people enjoy RTS, I must admit I am yet to find any joy in these "missions".. I find it boring controlling AI, I'd very much rather be leading a group or real players into combat than creating a squad of dumb-mofo's to tag along like puppies.

If I could I'd remove RTS's from Gameplanet however it's not the admin who chooses what is played it's the players, and a few still like RTS... doh.