Vasily.B

Real Tank Crew - Improved behavior addon

unmoddable - not sure how you can say that. Your probably doing something incorrectly with the scripting setup.

Noone was helped me with that since week..... So noone knows? Maybe you could drop some advice?

Post it onto ARMA 3 - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING section. They may help you .)

• Like 1

Already got answer from armahollic.com. Problem resolved by adding :

if (!canMove _veh) then {

And update is ready - final version!

I only want to comment and say kudos on using the Battlefield 2 Modern Combat cover art as your logo lol

That's my favorite game of all time right there

Real Talk

• Like 1

New update available

Changelog:
- Deleted backpacks and repair kits which was added to driver (too much reports on backpacks lying on the ground)
- All crewmans become engineers when vehicle is damaged.

well done. is the mod server side or all players include server should have it?

well done. is the mod server side or all players include server should have it?

yyyy......Dont know, its signed, so it should be on mods requirments for the serwer, so all players should have this mod loaded. At least i think so :) I'm green at that.

Hey Vasily.B is it possible to release a script version for this so it can be put into my made mission?

Thanks

Hey Vasily.B is it possible to release a script version for this so it can be put into my made mission?

Thanks

You can unpack the pbo using official Arma 3 tools, you have permission to everything from me ;)

• Like 1

You can unpack the pbo using official Arma 3 tools, you have permission to everything from me ;)

Thanks pal :)

• Like 1

Made a little change to the script/mod;

Changes;

Changed the repair from a full heal of the vehicle (it repaired EVERYTHING to full health instead of just tracks/tires/engine) to only repair the engine by 30%, tracks on tanks by 40%, and all wheels on other vehicles completely replaced. This is to make it more in line with normal ACE toolkit repairs.

Increased repair time from 19 seconds to 30 (balancing reasons for my group, easily reverted by changing the sleep timer.)

Made a little change to the script/mod;

Changes;
Changed the repair from a full heal of the vehicle (it repaired EVERYTHING to full health instead of just tracks/tires/engine) to only repair the engine by 30%, tracks on tanks by 40%, and all wheels on other vehicles completely replaced. This is to make it more in line with normal ACE toolkit repairs.
Increased repair time from 19 seconds to 30 (balancing reasons for my group, easily reverted by changing the sleep timer.)

This  is great, but the repair time doesnt conflict with animation? Animation was 13 seconds long, so i understand you make it loop, but is it ending properly? Also is this compatible with RHS?

Sorry just looked at the code just now. And its pretty good, but i'm thinking of turret with trigger repairing when vehicle cannot fire.....

If you dont mind i update mod with part of this changes, i didnt knew how to achieve this.

• Like 1

Yeah, go ahead

For the firing trigger, use canFire.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/canFire

I'd personally do three different checks: canFire, canFire & canMove, and canMove. That way the repair times can be adjusted, or you can change the distances that it checks for troops (ie, if both canFire & canMove = false, they'll hop out regardless of enemy distance and try to repair it since a tank with no tracks and no guns is pretty much useless.)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Tanks_Config_Guidelines#Hitpoints Relevent hitpoints for that change would be HitGun & HitTurret.

Yeah, go ahead

For the firing trigger, use canFire.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/canFire

I'd personally do three different checks: canFire, canFire & canMove, and canMove. That way the repair times can be adjusted, or you can change the distances that it checks for troops (ie, if both canFire & canMove = false, they'll hop out regardless of enemy distance and try to repair it since a tank with no tracks and no guns is pretty much useless.)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Tanks_Config_Guidelines#Hitpoints Relevent hitpoints for that change would be HitGun & HitTurret.

Hey, code have a problem :

12:58:22 Error in expression <Damage "HitRTrack") - 1)];}

else {

_veh setHitPointDamage ["HitWheel", ((_veh ge>

12:58:22   Error position: <setHitPointDamage ["HitWheel", ((_veh ge>

12:58:22   Error Typ Liczbowe,To nie liczba, potrzebny Liczbowe

I cant get this game:

error type numerous, its not number, need numerous.

It denies itself.....

Hey Vasily.B,

Cool mod, have a suggestion though. Please add a check to see if driver is player and skip executing when so.

Thanks!

Hey Vasily.B,

Cool mod, have a suggestion though. Please add a check to see if driver is player and skip executing when so.

Thanks!

That would be nice addition, but as know arma 3 bug with switching units, this would break function for this driver.

For example spawn as vehicle driver (function will not be launched), switch to other units, function for this first driver still wont be launched, thats what i repored back in 2013 on feedback tracker and its not fixed untill now.

You could add it inside the eventhandler code so when vehicle is hit, you just add a !(isPlayer driver) to the conditions.