Jump to content
ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, commanderx said:

I have a problem with a faction from RHS. rhs_faction_usmc_d 

 

When I place a player (for example Grenadier) from that faction on the map and also a military AI Commander and a Military Placement module the AI is firing on me instantly after spawning. If I use rhs_faction_usarmy_d for the AI nobody is firing at me. Any suggestions? 

Hmm. I actually was the one that regrouped all possible RHS factions so they’d be ALiVE compatible, as well as enabling their assets for resupply and Logistics. So basically, if there’s an issue with RHS, it’s probably my fault. Lol

 

Someone told me not long ago that some RHS factions from USAF are showing up as OPFOR. Thing is, I spawned a bunch of their various groups after hearing this, and they show up as blue on the map and if I recall, looking at the code, their side is west. So it should be ok.

 

I may have to ask around. I’m not a coding guy. Can any of you determine what side they are spawning as when spawned by MIL/Civ obj, then also check what side they are when a playable unit is placed and get back to me? What you’re describing would indicate the manually placed unit from USMC D is being recognized as a different side. I don’t see how that’s possible, I tested this all very thoroughly before the last RHS update, but I guess it’s possible we had a regression?

 

EDIT: I looked though the code again. Side and GroupSideName are defined as West for USMC D. So it would seem to me at least as far as ALiVE is responsible, all seems well unless I’m missing something.

 

Reference code here: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/8c2686e42cf4af74fc97f883baefa0e36565ad9f/addons/main/static/CustomFactions.hpp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10-12-2017 at 8:20 PM, reaper lok said:

Not sure what you are asking here?

 

How to add tasks into an ALiVE framework or how to create a mission utilizing ALiVE features?  Or something else?

 

 

 I'm asking how I could add a couple of missions to this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1188797395

It's a deathscream mod and as such it's not set up for missions and the like, but I want to add playable content to it. However, creating a missions folder and adding the missions into it doesn't seem to do the trick, so I'm guessing it has to be mentioned in a file somewhere. Sadly I have no idea where to look at the moment. I downloaded the mod and found a missions.pbo but am having trouble opening it, so I can't see how it's all set up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thing. 

 

I am placing a military placement module over the big airport in the northeast of Malden and directly after the mission starts, several Helicopter and sometimes other assets at the airport explodes. Can I prevent that somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, commanderx said:

One more thing. 

 

I am placing a military placement module over the big airport in the northeast of Malden and directly after the mission starts, several Helicopter and sometimes other assets at the airport explodes. Can I prevent that somehow?

Make sure your modules aren’t spawning an HQ or Field HQ, and that air assets are set to off in MIL Obj module. If it’s vehicles too, check for ambient vehicles in the MIL Obj module (if it’s group spawns, I usually blacklist my main base from having vehicle group spawns in almost all cases because they get in way.) The map index might need some adjustments for the ambient air assets but I haven’t tried playing on Malden yet so can’t say one way or the other.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I will try this. But how can I get helicopters under the command of the AI flying around if I dont let the AI spawn them?

 

And maybe as asked before someone knows how to disable the radio messages from the air component commander?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, commanderx said:

Thanks, I will try this. But how can I get helicopters under the command of the AI flying around if I dont let the AI spawn them?

 

And maybe as asked before someone knows how to disable the radio messages from the air component commander?

Manually add the choppers yourself (manned), and make sure they are virtualized (if you use the option to virtualized all synced units, sync the manned chopper to Virtual AI. Just make sure the faction of the chopper is controlled your Commander).

 

Not sure on the chat spam.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI, 

How do i prevent AI from getting into vehicles i placed in the editor? I have some vehicles for players on the base, but friendly AI keeps getting in them and players have no vehicles available then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mirek said:

HI, 

How do i prevent AI from getting into vehicles i placed in the editor? I have some vehicles for players on the base, but friendly AI keeps getting in them and players have no vehicles available then.

This is being caused by VCOM AI. I have no idea what the solution is, but this isn’t an ALiVE issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 VCOM AI is Part of ALIVE?

i do not Have ANY mod called VCOM or anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mirek said:

 VCOM AI is Part of ALIVE?

i do not Have ANY mod called VCOM or anything

No. ALiVE doesn’t do anything at all to low level AI behavior. Something other than ALiVE is causing ground units to hop in and steal your cars. This is a known issue with VCOM AI which is why I mentioned it. Is it possible the mission is using the VCOM script, or any AI scripts/mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mirek said:

HI, 

How do i prevent AI from getting into vehicles i placed in the editor? I have some vehicles for players on the base, but friendly AI keeps getting in them and players have no vehicles available then.

 

Not that this is a great solution but it is a idea......

 

Create your BASE as a whitelist area from your friendly (and enemy) forces.  This way no AI will spawn here and take the keys to your shiny new ride ;)

 

EDiT - I use VCOM_AI and have no issues with friendlies taking my vehicles that i Place via the editor.  Make sure that these vehicles are NOT synced to any ALiVE Module 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt ad any vcom, and the mission is scratchbuild, so noone else did either

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mirek said:

I didnt ad any vcom, and the mission is scratchbuild, so noone else did either

 

Are they physically moving from the ground walking to and getting inside these vehicles or just spawning inside the vehicles?

 

EDIT: I normally do what Reaper Lok does anyway, and just forbid spawns inside my main base. Sometimes I’ll add a few infantry groups with a cust obj module off in a corner somewhere, but I don’t let regular spawns in my base for various reasons, but the number one being vehicle groups spawning and destroying everything when trying to get out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wil try to figure it out.

 

Has anyone any experience with alive Multispawn? especialy this: 

Quote

 

Insertion: Simulates constant air insertion for that faction.

Marker names: ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_INSERTION_%FACTION% and ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_DESTINATION_%FACTION%

Fallback: defaults to standard respawn method as above.

 

?

 

I would like to give the player possibility to paradrop back to fight after he dies or if he JIP when everione is allready at AO and he wants to join quickly.

But i donot understand how to do that. Any Ideas?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Another: 

Is it possible to set an UAV support to scan area,  in alive Combat Support Module?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mirek said:

And Another: 

Is it possible to set an UAV support to scan area,  in alive Combat Support Module?  

 

You can...sort of.  If you place a Combat Support Module CAS (not transport) and place B_T_UAV_03_dynamicLoadout_F as the UAV DRONE (I called it FALCON ONE).  You can launch the UAV with Combat Support option but you will need a Terminal (NATO Terminal to access its functions).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, reaper lok said:

 

You can...sort of.  If you place a Combat Support Module CAS (not transport) and place B_T_UAV_03_dynamicLoadout_F as the UAV DRONE (I called it FALCON ONE).  You can launch the UAV with Combat Support option but you will need a Terminal (NATO Terminal to access its functions).

Thanks i will try.

 

Edit, i TRied and it works like charm. Thank you Reaper.

Edited by Mirek
To say Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ALiVE persistence works on profiled units or on objects / empty vehicles after player interaction.  If you spawn anything in via script or Zeus, it either must be profiled (you can use the Admin menu to profile all non-profiled items in game) or the player needs to get in/out (vehicles) or interact with it (ammo crates).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone created an all encompassing faction with all or multiple RHS Russian factions? I want to be able to use a faction that makes use of at least all of the MSV and TV units.

I would do it myself but I have never used the ORBAT myself and can't find a walk through that will show me how to export a full faction properly. I know how to create/edit groups etc. but can't figure out how to export the faction. I understand it has something to do with creating a PBO file but that's about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ferpo_the_great said:

Has anyone created an all encompassing faction with all or multiple RHS Russian factions? I want to be able to use a faction that makes use of at least all of the MSV and TV units.

I would do it myself but I have never used the ORBAT myself and can't find a walk through that will show me how to export a full faction properly. I know how to create/edit groups etc. but can't figure out how to export the faction. I understand it has something to do with creating a PBO file but that's about it.

 

Not that I am aware of.. there are lots here but I don't think there is  an "all-in-one" RHS faction

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

 

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ORBAT_Tool

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI, i have another problem.

I have set up Logistic support, didnt change anythig, no custom codes, no blacklists or whitelists i just placed the required Module set the faction, and alowed all kinds of support, it works except the supply drops.

 

Supply drops are dropping just empty crates with no gear. 

 

What am i doing wrong? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mirek said:

HI, i have another problem.

I have set up Logistic support, didnt change anythig, no custom codes, no blacklists or whitelists i just placed the required Module set the faction, and alowed all kinds of support, it works except the supply drops.

 

Supply drops are dropping just empty crates with no gear. 

 

What am i doing wrong? 

 

 

There is an option in-game when playing in the ALiVE menu (I think it’s player options) to enable unloading logistics objects. Turn this on (it’s off by default) and when looking at a logistics object, you’ll have a scroll menu option to unload it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×