Jump to content
ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Recommended Posts

I have a little problem with player support. 

When i call an ammodrop i allways get empty wehicleammobox no matter what kind of ammo box i call for. Vehicle and AI reinforcement drops work fine, but supply drops are screwed somehow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mirek said:

I have a little problem with player support. 

When i call an ammodrop i allways get empty wehicleammobox no matter what kind of ammo box i call for. Vehicle and AI reinforcement drops work fine, but supply drops are screwed somehow.

 

You need to enable the logistics in Player Options in the ALiVE Menu. This will give you a scroll wheel option to move or unload the crate. Without doing this they will all appear empty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another.

IED´s! they dont explode.  I placed the IED module, IED¨s are spawning, but they dont explode they are completely innert and they even spontaneously despawn even when players are around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mirek said:

I have another.

IED´s! they dont explode.  I placed the IED module, IED¨s are spawning, but they dont explode they are completely innert and they even spontaneously despawn even when players are around.

Hey Mirek! This is like the 3rd or 4th time this has been reported. I haven’t personally seen this. Can you provide an example mission with either no mods aside from ALiVE and CBA or extremely minimal mods?

 

If so, please proved repro steps along with it (in car, on foot, etc). A Github ticket is probably a good idea TBH if you can duplicate the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hey Mirek! This is like the 3rd or 4th time this has been reported. I haven’t personally seen this. Can you provide an example mission with either no mods aside from ALiVE and CBA or extremely minimal mods?

 

If so, please proved repro steps along with it (in car, on foot, etc). A Github ticket is probably a good idea TBH if you can duplicate the problem.

Problem was reported to me by people playing on my server, i didnt personaly test it. Honestly i hoped that it is some known issue with known solution.  :-) i will try to solve it my self then.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mirek said:

Problem was reported to me by people playing on my server, i didnt personaly test it. Honestly i hoped that it is some known issue with known solution.  :-) i will try to solve it my self then.

 

 

The problem was reported more than once. I took an interest in it and set up a test. IED’s blew me up just fine. For all I know the problem has to do with certain player classes or types, sides, or JIP’s (probably not any of these but you see my point). It can’t be fixed if it can’t be seen.

 

Go ahead and just send me the mission assuming the mod amounts are reasonable. If you could set up a mod-lite repro that would be even better and increase the chances of a fix.

 

I don’t doubt there is a problem. Someone just needs to make the effort and post a mission. If you have the time to do that it will be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forget if I posted this before, maybe it was on the steam workshop page or maybe I was dreaming, but is there any way to alter which weapons civilians get once they get angry? For instance, if you set "BLUFOR Hostility" to "High" in the Civilian Population module and you're playing in a WW2 or Vietnam type scenario is there any way to make it so the civilians don't randomly get Scorpion SMGs and P99's? Is there a way to have them get things like double-barrelled shotguns and TT-33's instead? Or just any sort of custom weapon instead of the vanilla weapons? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pognivet said:

I forget if I posted this before, maybe it was on the steam workshop page or maybe I was dreaming, but is there any way to alter which weapons civilians get once they get angry? For instance, if you set "BLUFOR Hostility" to "High" in the Civilian Population module and you're playing in a WW2 or Vietnam type scenario is there any way to make it so the civilians don't randomly get Scorpion SMGs and P99's? Is there a way to have them get things like double-barrelled shotguns and TT-33's instead? Or just any sort of custom weapon instead of the vanilla weapons? Thanks.

Yeah and it was recently and JD Wang provided an answer. Maybe that wasn’t you? Let me see if I can dig it up.

 

EDIT: http://alivemod.com/forum/3509-setting-which-weapons-civilians-get-when-they-go-rogue

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Yeah and it was recently and JD Wang provided an answer. Maybe that wasn’t you? Let me see if I can dig it up.

 

EDIT: http://alivemod.com/forum/3509-setting-which-weapons-civilians-get-when-they-go-rogue

Oh, that's where it was. Thanks. I forgot I even made an account there. I must have been really exhausted when I made that post. lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12. 1. 2018 at 5:04 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

The problem was reported more than once. I took an interest in it and set up a test. IED’s blew me up just fine. For all I know the problem has to do with certain player classes or types, sides, or JIP’s (probably not any of these but you see my point). It can’t be fixed if it can’t be seen.

 

Go ahead and just send me the mission assuming the mod amounts are reasonable. If you could set up a mod-lite repro that would be even better and increase the chances of a fix.

 

I don’t doubt there is a problem. Someone just needs to make the effort and post a mission. If you have the time to do that it will be appreciated.

The mission uses 20 mods. Modlist is here: See the "Private server" section. There are also some scripts in the mission (VVS, HALO JUMP, Command center) I cand send you the password for the server if you like to test the mission there, but i dont think it will help you much. When i have some time (time is precious comodity lately) i will try to find solution myself, and post it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mirek said:

The mission uses 20 mods. Modlist is here: See the "Private server" section. There are also some scripts in the mission (VVS, HALO JUMP, Command center) I cand send you the password for the server if you like to test the mission there, but i dont think it will help you much. When i have some time (time is precious comodity lately) i will try to find solution myself, and post it here.

Even if I could duplicate it with that mission, I can’t present that over to the team and expect a fix. If this is a problem with ALiVE, it should be reproducible with just ALiVE and CBA loaded. Assuming so, I’ll guess the cause would be obvious, but that’s just too many mods and variables for this purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Even if I could duplicate it with that mission, I can’t present that over to the team and expect a fix. If this is a problem with ALiVE, it should be reproducible with just ALiVE and CBA loaded. Assuming so, I’ll guess the cause would be obvious, but that’s just too many mods and variables for this purpose.

Iam suspecting ALIVE-ACE3 conflict. Both mods have their own IED system, wich might collide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mirek said:

Iam suspecting ALIVE-ACE3 conflict. Both mods have their own IED system, wich might collide.

It’s possible but I’ve had PM’s about this IED’s not detonating even without ACE. Just need to see it first hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had issues with IED's in missions doing both things. It seems like the ACE IED module is kinda wonky at times and the ALiVE IED module is kinda wonky most of the time. I have gone away from having them in the missions I make entirely and we end up just Zeus placement of IED's when possible. We have also had issues with Zeus placed IED's not being recognized by players when they are using ANY explosive detection devices in game and the things still exploding or not exploding until well after the players are out of the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have not resolved the IED issue and allready has another.

enemy AI spawned 20 metres from Friendly players after they secured enemy compound. 

Anyone any idea, what can cause this, and how to prevent it?

AI spawn is set to 1500m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mirek said:

I still have not resolved the IED issue and allready has another.

enemy AI spawned 20 metres from Friendly players after they secured enemy compound. 

Anyone any idea, what can cause this, and how to prevent it?

AI spawn is set to 1500m.

Don’t worry about trying to resolve any of these issues yourself. Honestly I hate to sound like a broken record but the very best thing you can do is make a simple mission we can test. Then these things can be fixed. Otherwise there’s not much anyone can do. No neither of these things should be happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RFX0nkZ.jpg

 

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.5.3 Patch Release

 

More diks

Minor patch release to fix a bug with legacy dikCodes.  Thank you to the CBA team for pushing out a quick regression to cover us while we got our stuff in order!

 

War Room Closure Warning

Another reminder that ALiVE War Room no longer has sufficient funds from donations to cover server costs and will close down  at the end of this week (11 Feb).  Please ensure you have switched your persistent ALiVE missions to use Local in the Data Module as Cloud will no longer work.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... how do I save the mission now on a dedicated server? Switching to Local DB and clicking on Server Save and Exit button does literally nothing :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GieNkoV said:

So... how do I save the mission now on a dedicated server? Switching to Local DB and clicking on Server Save and Exit button does literally nothing :/

 

You have to open the pbo with the editor and set the Alive data module to save to local db.  

 

Good luck!

DrDetroit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GieNkoV said:

[..] Switching to Local DB [...]

 

13 hours ago, drdetroit said:

 

You have to open the pbo with the editor and set the Alive data module to save to local db.  

 

Good luck!

DrDetroit

 

I've done that already, it does nothing on dedicated as I said above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GieNkov:

 

I use the local saving successfully in all kinds of missions.  But one has to know that sometimes it takes several seconds until the tablet screen is opening up and showing the saving progress.  On my longer lasting conventional or COIN campaigns, this opening up can take up to two minutes! And after that, the saving process itself can take up to 15 minutes for the more AI and script-heavy missions which I just dragged through the ALiVE updates since... 2017 or even 2016 - so maybe tell the devs more specifically what kind of mission you want to save. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×